why Tatasky not adding any hindi channels

Its ok, regional channels should be there but in limited number because i have seen that most of this regional channels are showing Tvc sky shop and some crap content so this kind of regional channels should be added in actve or in low quality. I like to watch some gujarati channels but it should be added in limited number say 8 to 10 regional chs is enough.they should give preference to popular hindi chs which is need of majority of customers don't forget hindi is our national language spoke in majority of states in india. Nation comes first region comes later. So love our national language and demand more hindi movies,music and devotional chs in large numbers.

hey india is a multi language country yar... ur words shows u nt considered other language peoples as indians...if u wt more chs thn move to digi cable... have mannes in ur words...

ag007 said:
Its ok, regional channels should be there but in limited number because i have seen that most of this regional channels are showing Tvc sky shop and some crap content so this kind of regional channels should be added in actve or in low quality. I like to watch some gujarati channels but it should be added in limited number say 8 to 10 regional chs is enough.they should give preference to popular hindi chs which is need of majority of customers don't forget hindi is our national language spoke in majority of states in india. Nation comes first region comes later. So love our national language and demand more hindi movies,music and devotional chs in large numbers.

Can u share the name of hindi popular channels which are not available in TataSky....I think most of the popular Hindi Channels are available in TataSky Platform...some of new hindi channels (like &picture etc) are not available......but in Malayalam Popular Old Channels are not available in Tatasky...thats why they are prefer to add Malayalam......somebody dont knows the meaning of popular, they are telling popular hindi channels are not available........

ag007 said:

So according to you Hindi is our national language. Can you provide some valid source ? Please provide. I really want to see that.

But as far as I know According to the article 343 (1) of The constitution of India "India has no national language. The official language of the Union shall be Hindi in Devanagari script. States are free to choose any language as their official language." National language and official language are different.

So first go and study The constitution of India and STOP saying like our political netas(Leaders) "Nation comes first region comes later. So love our national language and demand more Hindi movies, music and devotional chs in large numbers." I love my India but at the same time I love my Mother-tongue as well. Don't argue if you don't know The constitution my fellow Indian. :no

Want some other proof. Here it is. Check the court verdict...

There's no national language in India: Gujarat High Court - Times Of India

Hindi, not a national language: Court - The Hindu

TVC and crap channels also present in Hindi channels. For example Star cj live, Homw shop 18 etc. These are the crap channels.

If you are not happy with T(S you are free to opt any other DTH or Digital cable.

ag007 said:

Exactly most of the regional lack quality. people are more worried about quantity of these regional channels here.

A channel like TEN HD or HBO HD makes massive a difference for the us HD subscribers. but that seems so far away since they are wasting all the new acquired space on these poor quality regional channels instead of HD channels.

These DTH players are not to be entirely blamed.
India is a very diverse country, they have to cater to all states/language channels.

They dont have requisite TP capacity to add so many channels on their Tps, but all of us want quantity and dont worry much abt quality.

People watching foreign satellites like ABS1, will know the difference in picture quality... Indian DTH's pq quality is nowhere near to ABS1 channels, its totally pathetic. :dodgy

So, ultimately its quantity VS quality, the choice is ours only.

@Dipayan,

I know this is out of context debate going on...but I have to say just one thing about Hindi...it is not national language of India...but hindi is different than regional languages; in Bollywood when a hindi movie is made, it is shown in various states and are watched by various parts of the society...

When a Bengali travels to Hyderabad he speaks to rikshaw-wala in Hindi (a Bengali talks to Telugu in a language as medium). Indian Railways in Bengal will have three languages used (English, hindi and Bengali) whereas in Tamilnadu (English, Hindi and Tamil), again this language is common.

When a foreinger is asked to name a language widely spoken in India, he takes hindi in his answer...that's it...Hindi is ordinary, but an illiterate Bengali, while talking to illiterate Telagu, uses this language as a try to communicate (most of the time he succeeds, sometimes not, this is the only choice one has).

National unity comes not just by assuming that you are part of India but by the virtue of the fact that you find some similarity in each other (be it religion, language, common festivals, tradition etc etc). If I am asked, I will prefer to speak one language, celebrate one festival, follow same tradition (or similar tradition) to identify with my fellow Indians.

shiwesh said:
@Dipayan,

I know this is out of context debate going on...but I have to say just one thing about Hindi...it is not national language of India...but hindi is different than regional languages; in Bollywood when a hindi movie is made, it is shown in various states and are watched by various parts of the society...

When a Bengali travels to Hyderabad he speaks to rikshaw-wala in Hindi (a Bengali talks to Telugu in a language as medium). Indian Railways in Bengal will have three languages used (English, hindi and Bengali) whereas in Tamilnadu (English, Hindi and Tamil), again this language is common.

When a foreinger is asked to name a language widely spoken in India, he takes hindi in his answer...that's it...Hindi is ordinary, but an illiterate Bengali, while talking to illiterate Telagu, uses this language as a try to communicate (most of the time he succeeds, sometimes not, this is the only choice one has).

National unity comes not just by assuming that you are part of India but by the virtue of the fact that you find some similarity in each other (be it religion, language, common festivals, tradition etc etc). If I am asked, I will prefer to speak one language, celebrate one festival, follow same tradition (or similar tradition) to identify with my fellow Indians.

Thanks for accepting that Hindi is not our national language. :tup

Hollywood has greater penetration worldwide & watched all over the wrold. It doesn't mean all should speak English all over the world. :huh

I don't know from which part of India you are but if you have ever studied at any Bengali medium school (as I did) you have to study Sanskrit as a compulsory subject there. As both Hindi and Bengali both are derived from Sanskrit so we understand Hindi (alphabets are also similar). That is why an illiterate Bengali cannot speak or understand Hindi.

And the Railway station name, I have seen many railway station name written in Bengali, English & Urdu instead of Hindi in many districts of West Bengal. It depends on what is the third language maximum % of population understand. It may very district wise. ;)

But yes Hindi is different from other regional language as it is used by Union Govt as official language along with English according to The Constitution Of India. :clap

You are right. The Threat is going in a different direction. So we should stop here. :)

Only thing we expect from T(S is All popular channels (Regional + National+ International) should be available in their platform. :tup

shawl_who said:
These DTH players are not to be entirely blamed.
India is a very diverse country, they have to cater to all states/language channels.

They dont have requisite TP capacity to add so many channels on their Tps, but all of us want quantity and dont worry much abt quality.

People watching foreign satellites like ABS1, will know the difference in picture quality... Indian DTH's pq quality is nowhere near to ABS1 channels, its totally pathetic. :dodgy

So, ultimately its quantity VS quality, the choice is ours only.

One thing I want to say that the Picture quality depends not only on Signal but also on Processing power of the TV. You cannot expect Good picture quality from Good quality signal with a Low end TV or Bad quality signal with a Higher end TV. ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock