Breaking Zee Classic Launching On 15th May 2019

The credit goes to me. :lol: He quoted my post. :tup:

I have been the one crying against the dominance of South movies on SPN's so-called Hindi movie channels for a long time. Neeraj Vyas should be kicked out.
Ok bro Sorry for the mistake :lol::p

Guys, if I am not wrong, ZEEL is also having the license of Zee Classic HD, so can we expect the launch of Zee Classic HD also on 15th May along with its SD version !!
Guys, is there is any news regarding it, or any news in which they have clearly mentioned that on 15th May they are going to re-launch Zee Classic as SD channel only !!

Guys, if I am not wrong, ZEEL is also having the license of Zee Classic HD, so can we expect the launch of Zee Classic HD also on 15th May along with its SD version !!
Guys, is there is any news regarding it, or any news in which they have clearly mentioned that on 15th May they are going to re-launch Zee Classic as SD channel only !!
No, as of nowonly in SD but never know ZEEL if see good response and depand for it they may either use license of anmol Cinema or zee action
Good News - Zee Classic to be back Soon

This time Zee Classic will not only air old bollywood movies but the term "classically" will encapsulate critically acclaimed movie titles released even in recent years. It will feature movies like Udta Punjab, NH10, The Lunchbox, Lakshya, Iqbal, Badlapur, Madaari, etc. which r part of Zee Library. This is what i decipher based on what was said by Zee Officials. Let's wait n watch & yes HD feed will be accompanied with it.

Also coming to point of Zee Bollywood deleting or cutting scenes/songs from movies, well this did happen initially but has stopped now. Many times even bcoz of fewer ads movie is getting finished in shorter duration or at few occasions movies r being premiered without even single break. I think Zee is doing fine job of telecasting Bollywood Movies across its channels like Bollywood, Anmol Cinema , &Pictures and too some extent Zee Cinema too. Infact Star chops off songs from many movies and Sony does shoddy editing of songs in movies like Koi Mil Gaya to make up for ad time. Watch the title song of the movie when it airs on any sony movie channel, they remove random patches of instrumental music thus making song lose soul

Sony needs to start a new bollywood focused movie channel asap, much more needed now. They have nice movies from YRF in their library apart from some good titles from other studios. Hope that Wah will be revamped soon to mould into new identity. Please write to Sony thru various mediums requesting to take this step. Also tag people working with Sony in ur tweets.

Right now major issue is of not only less Bollywood Content but too much repetition of movies. Have expressed my opinion to all networks numerous times regarding wide range of concerns and have seen some improvements over time but more is needed. More the pressure from public, it will help expedite things

This time Zee Classic will not only air old bollywood movies but the term "classically" will encapsulate critically acclaimed movie titles released even in recent years. It will feature movies like Udta Punjab, NH10, The Lunchbox, Lakshya, Iqbal, Badlapur, Madaari, etc. which r part of Zee Library.
This is essentially Zee's equivalent of Star Gold Select. In fact &pictures HD used to show these movies on a regular basis earlier (along with Hollywood movies).
Sony needs to start a new bollywood focused movie channel asap, much more needed now. They have nice movies from YRF in their library apart from some good titles from other studios. Hope that Wah will be revamped soon to mould into new identity. Please write to Sony thru various mediums requesting to take this step. Also tag people working with Sony in ur tweets.
Max 2 is Sony's only option for good movies but it shows movies only until 2005. We want the old Sony Max HD of 2016 back. I am not asking for a new HD movie channel because Sony is not launching any new HD channels soon (other than possibly Sony Marathi HD), given the way it shut down Rox HD and Le Plex HD. But the SD channels must be revamped now that Wah is no longer on DDFD. I want to see Max become the Deewana Destination for Bollywood that it used to call itself before.

Last edited:
This is essentially Zee's equivalent of Star Gold Select. In fact &pictures HD used to show these movies on a regular basis earlier (along with Hollywood movies).

Max 2 is Sony's only option for good movies but it shows movies only until 2005. We want the old Sony Max HD of 2016 back. I am not asking for a new HD movie channel because Sony is not launching any new HD channels soon (other than possibly Sony Marathi HD), given the way it shut down Rox HD and Le Plex HD. But the SD channels must be revamped now that Wah is no longer on DDFD. I want to see Max become the Deewana Destination for Bollywood that it used to call itself before.

Yes, it will have same positioning as Star Gold Select but content wise Zee is miles ahead of Star. Star Gold Select is simply airing usual bollywood content during course of day & has acquired handful of titles from alternate meaningful cinema be it new or old. Zee has diverse plethora of movies ranging from different genres and sensibilities. Star India had exclusive movie deals with Salman which is over now, currently has similar agreements with Ajay Devgn, Hritik Roshan thus pumping crores to buy rights of their movies in advance, by doing so they limit spending on other acquiring films. They just keep on airing Dabangg/Singham franchise, International Khiladi, Sabse Bada Khiladi, No. 1 Series from Govinda, other salman movies etc. every single day thus causing major dip in viewer interest... this is similar to IPL strategy where they bid for astronomical amount and air it day/night to recover investment

Also Star India team is not buying movies which will get repeat viewership or prove hit on tv.... Stree, Badhaai Ho, Sanju r one time watch and won't get desired audience on satellite medium. Also they have bought mediocre stuff like Judwaa 2, Student Of The Year 2, etc. which surely won't get them ratings.

Zee is leader in Bollywood Content in all aspects. They can launch 4 or 5 channels and each can cater to separate audience base. Sony as we know does not try much to get hold of latest bolly films apart from stuff they get thanks to contracts they have with YRF and T-Series but must say Max2 keeps on adding fresh bollywood titles from past decades

Star Gold Select is simply airing usual bollywood content during course of day & has acquired handful of titles from alternate meaningful cinema be it new or old.
Very true. It seems Star has totally forgotten about SGS. SG Select has NEVER shown Stree/Sanju/Badhaai Ho even once, even though they (at least Stree and Badhaai Ho) are critically acclaimed movies.

Star India team is not buying movies which will get repeat viewership or prove hit on tv.... Stree, Badhaai Ho, Sanju r one time watch and won't get desired audience on satellite medium. Also they have bought mediocre stuff like Judwaa 2, Student Of The Year 2, etc. which surely won't get them ratings.
True. Star does not have as comprehensive a library as Zee (though thankfully it is not as disastrously bad as Sony in acquiring new rights). Star is focusing more on Hollywood, especially Marvel (in addition to South), these days. Moreover, Star Gold is in desperate need of a rebrand.

P.S. SOTY 2 is with Viacom18. Karan Johar loves Viacom18. For some reason SOTY 1 is with Sony; I don't know why.
Zee is leader in Bollywood Content in all aspects. They can launch 4 or 5 channels and each can cater to separate audience base.
Not only movie channels. Zee TV is also a destination for the latest premieres (like Star Plus). This is something that SET HD used to do until Max HD was launched, after which it stopped entirely.

Last edited:
Next few premieres on Star r Luka Chhuppi, Total Dhamaal, Kalank, etc. ... Actually earlier YRF used to distribute Dharma Production movies hence Sony got all of them, in 2013 or 14 Karan Johan ended that pact and Viacom18 came on board. Kalank is with Star as Fox Star is its co-producer alongwith Dharma just like they got Sanju despite Sony having deal with Vidhu Vinod Chopra films. Its a complex thing to understand for a layman, multiple factors come into play before one can judge or predict which broadcaster will get rights of particular movie.

Star India will do rebranding of movie channels post IPL, keep sharing ur suggestions with them (tag people working in the company too) so that moving forward if found viable they can gradually incorporate them in their strategy

:no2: Zee Classic HD will not launch as Its HD version license being used to launch Zee Keralam HD :ok2:

So only SD Version launching on 15th May .

:no2: Zee Classic HD will not launch as Its HD version license being used to launch Zee Keralam HD :ok2:

So only SD Version launching on 15th May .

A New HD Movie Channel is 100% launching in next few weeks from Zee, if they don't plan to have new licence for it then most likely some existing channel like Zee Action or Anmol Cinema will make way for it

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock