• Replies Replies: Replies 27
  • Views Views: Views 19,064
bro i think vd2h needs atleast 2 tps as of now :

bcoz d2h has to add a minimum of 25 hd channels
so it may require two tps as of now

n i think 1 tp more for the safer side

bcoz adtv already announced about its 50 hd channels plan
so d2h will also not b lacking behind adtv

sas123 bro said it correctly that d2h ll need atleast 5-6 tps more in next 3-5 years of time frame

They have got nearly 2000 crores now in new funding, half of which will go to retire their expensive debt.

From the balance atleast, 25% should go for new equipment ie set top boxes etc. so we can expect the balance 25% to go for channel expansion ie addition of new tps, new HD channels for which carriage fees will be required to the broadcasters. Thus with 500 crores addition of 1-2 tps is a must.

As I said earlier if they don't add HD channels by May end then something in their strategy is seriously wrong.

Videocon D2H is here to do business. If they want to income 300 crore from us then they have to invest 150 crore. Business is a give and take policy.. I think by investing 150 crore they can easily get more 6-7 tps and add 50+(Existing and forthcoming) HD channels..:angry :angry

ayanc99 said:
They have got nearly 2000 crores now in new funding, half of which will go to retire their expensive debt.

From the balance atleast, 25% should go for new equipment ie set top boxes etc. so we can expect the balance 25% to go for channel expansion ie addition of new tps, new HD channels for which carriage fees will be required to the broadcasters. Thus with 500 crores addition of 1-2 tps is a must.

As I said earlier if they don't add HD channels by May end then something in their strategy is seriously wrong.
Very informative share Ayan Bro.. But does leasing 6-7 or 8 tps costs 500 crore??? I don't think so... 100-120 crore is enough i think to get more 7-8 new Tps...

sas123 said:
Videocon D2H is here to do business. If they want to income 300 crore from us then they have to invest 150 crore. Business is a give and take policy.. I think by investing 150 crore they can easily get more 6-7 tps and add 50+(Existing and forthcoming) HD channels..:angry :angry

Your point is correct. But no use of putting angry smilies here bro! It is upto the D2H team..

Back
Top Bottom