Zee Closes In On Star India As Most-Watched Entertainment Network

What about TV18 and sony

20190905-214451.jpg

Zee network approx market cap is $5 billion
Network 18 value is $0.5 billion
Star value is $14-16 billion (during fox $71billion deal with disney) its value is high because of its high urban viewership & sports channel without sports its roughly value is $10bn
ZEEL Share Price - 360.80 INR, Zee Entertainment Enterprises stock price today, Live updates - The Economic Times

65 STAR Network channels ( 25 HD + 40 SD )
Vs
Total 59 Zee Network channels ( 16 HD + 43 SD )

Zee has no presence in Sports Star has that a big advantage for Star.

Star can't have News channels & Zee has Network of 14 channels it's advantage Zee.

Star has a good bouquet of Infotainment viz NGC, FoxLife channels Zee has just LF it's advantage Star.

Regional space Zee has presence in Bhojpuri n Odiya which Star doesn't it's advantage Zee.

So head to head it's a very difficult n tricky comparison to do.
Plus, Zee has only 10 south channels where as Star has 17 along with 3 sports(and literally 2 infotainment)channels. The contribution from South Channels for Star is bigger than what Zee gets from Odiya and Bhojpuri. Star is getting a very good trp from all these languages except Kannada.
Anyway Zee is slowly building up their presence in South too.
In the case of South, Star's channels are acquired ones, So those channels has a good identity in the market- this also sums up the total brand value of Star India.

Last edited:
@kskies2, since you have liked all my posts in this thread, please share your opinion on the content—particularly fiction—of the big Hindi GECs. :tup: Do you, too, feel Sony is the best? :huh:

There's still a lot to be desired by the content on Hindi GECs. I wish they could create more quality finite series with emphasis on storytelling and reality. Most Indian serials start off promising, but ultimately become redundant or nonsensical, which becomes a waste of time. Though I haven't seen too much of their programming recently, I would say that Sony's fiction content is miles ahead of competitors like Zee TV. But I still don't have the patience to sit through endless episodes. I would much rather prefer series like Sacred Games on Netflix or Made in Heaven on Amazon Prime, which more closely resemble the format of international series. I wish Indian television could adapt to that format over time.

Sony should revamp Sony Wah as a channel dedicated to Southern films, and launch a new channel dedicated to Bollywood. Also, it should revamp Sony PAL, which should feature some of the evergreen content from Sony like itna karo na mujhe pyaar, yudkbh etc. Current programming of pal is just tmkoc and cid

Sony should revamp Sony Wah as a channel dedicated to Southern films, and launch a new channel dedicated to Bollywood. Also, it should revamp Sony PAL, which should feature some of the evergreen content from Sony like itna karo na mujhe pyaar, yudkbh etc. Current programming of pal is just tmkoc and cid
That was the original concept, now its just SAB TV shows and Sony's crime shows. They should play old serials like Kkusum

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock