Discussion Zee Entertainment promoters plan to sell up to 50% holding worth Rs 87.5 bn

If Zee is purchased by a foreign company, this means Sun will be the biggest Indian-owned network. Most of the other big networks have a foreign ownership already.

It would be good start for NBC and WB for producing Indian movies and other content if they buy stakes in Zee.

If Zee is purchased by a foreign company, this means Sun will be the biggest Indian-owned network. Most of the other big networks have a foreign ownership already.
What about mota bhai TV/Network 18?

I think NETFLIX may acquire for Sub-continent content!
I think both Netflix and Amazon have the potential to buy stakes in Zee.
Both streaming services focus on quality than quantity, So if these company take over Zee, they will try to change the format of shows currently running in Indian television.
And that would be a great news!

I think both Netflix and Amazon have the potential to buy stakes in Zee.
Both streaming services focus on quality than quantity, So if these company take over Zee, they will try to change the format of shows currently running in Indian television.
And that would be a great news!
ZEE management wants worldwide reach with Strong Tech player for future.

Guys, it doesn't mean taking over. Essel will still continue to hold 25 percent and it's partners will control around 50 percent. Only the 25 percent of the total stakes to be acquired by other firms and it's for the beneficiary of Zee which will invest in tech oriented business. This deal will be for a limited period of time and Essel will get back the stakes. But, nothing is predictable in business.

Guys, it doesn't mean taking over. Essel will still continue to hold 25 percent and it's partners will control around 50 percent. Only the 25 percent of the total stakes to be acquired by other firms and it's for the beneficiary of Zee which will invest in tech oriented business. This deal will be for a limited period of time and Essel will get back the stakes. But, nothing is predictable in business.
Essel group (Zee management) have 42% in ZEE Ltd. Now they will offer 50% of it. Remaining are public, Indian Financial cos. and FIPs shares in Stock market as per business news magazines.

Last edited:
(My Opinion)
Currently, there are two types of audience for TV industry,
1. Watches shows on TV through cable or DTH.
The audience who likes to watch shows on daily basis most likely to watch more episodes of dragging storyline (There's no other choice).

2. Watches on streaming services.
The audience who watches on streaming services likes quality of story and screenplay than number of episodes.

If international company buy stakes in Zee, they want content based shows to be uploaded on digital platforms rather current running digital copies on it.
So there is a chance we could see more content based shows on Zee5 after the deal.

@rishuboy After the deal is over, there is no way to buy back for Essel group.
No company would agree to buy stakes on that (what you said) condition.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock