zee studio hd audio problem

jayanji said:
If they are using Dolby digital plus, then we get 640 Kbps. Referring to the Dolby technical details from 384 Kbps also Airtel can produce 640 Kbps sound. They were tested this long before. I recorded that & now also I can watch with 640 Kbps.

After decoding original content, they can do anything like encoding to 640kbps Dolby Digital standard (DD+ uses different bitrates). However, it would still be of lower quality even if they just do decoding and encoding (without any additional butchering in between) as both DD and DD+ are lossy compression and every reencoding will cause subsequent degradation of quality.

However I am curious to know when they broadcasted at 640kbps. Let me know the channel and time of the programming, I may also have some recording of then. I am working with them for the past 19 months so they may have done something to try addressing the reported issues which are clearly not bitrate or bandwidth related.

211 star movies HD
Twister
Mon 08 Apr 10:08 am - 12:04 pm
7eje9ytu.jpg

More
http://dreamdth.com/showthread.php?tid=60959

@ Prankey
Have you found any recordings in that period.
Please share your experience

Please find the attached reply dated 10th Apr 2013 - from Airtel regarding the audio quality & surround sound through hdmi (refer 3rd paragraph, 1st & 2nd related to ESPN HD,Star cricket HD & more HD, 3D channel request)

XQUTMw2.jpg

any satellite expert please give the actual bit rate of HD channels.

Jayanji - unfortunately I do not have such older recordings and Star Movies HD was always heavily butchered except for now (check the difference in sound now, despite AVL, its way superior than before and was excellent when it was passed through between 1st to 3rd week of December 2013).

Their reply is hilarious as none of the channels across the globe has True HD and DTS HD audio and there is NO WAY you can get those output through SPDIF (Optical/Coaxial SPDIF can output upto 1.5Mbps DTS/DTS ES 6.1 or 640Kbps DD/DD EX 6.1). So you can understand the level of understanding these nerds have! Only HDMI connection support upto 7.1 HD audio and SPDIF can only give 2.0 PCM/LPCM HD audio at max.

My current Marantz receiver can only display volume offset (which your Yamaha doesn't seem to be displaying :))

Nevertheless, if we get the original, unadulterated DD audio on all these channels, we will get the best audio possible on these as broadcasted as even the highest bitrate DTS audio will only compromise it further due to lossy compression. Not to mention, wasted bandwidth and processing power at their broadcasting end as compared to the original bitrate passthrough.

I am taking this fight through the consumer court as I NEVER observed such issues on Dish HD (they had other volume and equalization issues though) and never thought these operators will be playing with audio especially on those channels with Dolby Digital audio which can be easily passed through by their decoders and encoders, UNTOUCHED!

@ prankey
Dolby Digital Plus offers consistently great performance at 448 kbps and above @ broadcasting format
Some products support encoding 5.1 channels of Dolby® Digital Plus™ at a bit rate of 192 kbps in broadcast quality.
(it's not necessary to have 1.5Mbps as in available in the blu ray or HD media ie with the same bit rate of dolby digital but greater quality)
Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 at 192 kbps Professional Partner Products

They are clever to use the word Dolby True HD & dts true HD "Essentials" , no where it's explained these essential.
I am having recordings for the movie twister with both the audio bit rates & there is noticeable difference.
My request to Airtel to providing dd+ through hdmi.
They are misleading with format name and giving substandard Dolby digital. This is disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock