ZEE TAMIL to extend three of it's popular serials to weekends from June 23

Zee Tamil shouldn't think their core fans are regular Serial viewers,They telecasted Tamil Premiere movies from January regularly than Vijay TV and Sun TV that's the main reason for their upward trend while K TV a popular movie channel losing out its strong rating.
Zee Tamil's premiere movies were not getting much ratings. Premiere Telecast of Mersal gets low ratings than Umpteenth telecast of Ghilli in Sun TV.

Still feel Zee Tamil is doing good in all 3-Serials, Reality, Movies.

Vijay TV lost the movie genre, but very good in reality shows and average in serials.

Sun TV is very good in Movies, Serials, average in Reality shows. They can do better in K TV by telecasting premiere movies and blockbuster movies which are still exclusive to Sun even after the umpteenth run. Sunday movies in K TV are meh type as they deliberately downplaying ratings.

Zee Tamil's premiere movies were not getting much ratings. Premiere Telecast of Mersal gets low ratings than Umpteenth telecast of Ghilli in Sun TV.

Bro I ain't talking about Mersal alone from January till now Zee Tamil telecasted many premiere movies though their ratings isn't big as sun tv movies but it contributes to overall ratings and last week their repeat telecast of Vanamagan starring Jayam Ravi kept Bahubali 2(vijay tv) & another old Jayam Ravi's Something Something (Sun TV) down that's the reason for their strong No.2 and their Serial getting into No.5 otherwise that No.5 Slot will be blocked by Sun TV serial with one Sun TV movie coming within no.5.

So movies plays a vital role and it's Zee strength and I don't think Zee could compete with Vijay in reality shows and still I think Zee Should see to that K TV don't rise since naturally serial vs good movie a movie channel will come up.

So the battle will be squared up between Zee vs K TV and like last year Sun tv will be happily at No.1 & Vijay TV will get above 400k ratings and continue at no.2.

Last edited:
Zee network usually gives equal importance to fiction and non fiction. But extending serials to sundays is a bad move from them(may or may not it gain ratings).

Before Bigboss sun tv's rating was about 12lacs(000').Bigboss could reduce it by 10-9 lacs.Sun tv can't return to its previous rating evenafter bigboss. This was a good achievement by vijay tv.Also we can see Vijay tv got a huge trp it ever got,after bigboss it doesn't suddenly fall to its previous trp.With a slower fall in trp Vijay tv could maintain its 2nd position.Now both zee and vijay is getting a good trp pushing ktv to 4th position. Means Bigboss could extract a good number of sun tv viewers to watch other channels. Due to ipl final week sun tvs serials ratings are at a huge drop and ipl final don't gave enough trp to sun's weekend movie-This is one of the reason for entering YNM in top 5.I think extending serials to sundays won't give good trp-because its the one and only Kamal Hasan😀

Last edited:
Looks like it's a long term plan of zee which lead to the launch of saregamapa lil champs at 6:30, instead of the regular 7pm slot, and it didn't fill the 8:30pm slot vacated by dance Jodi dance. I think sun was unable to reach it's old zenith because of the stuff competition from zee tamil. Sun's primetime show nanadini lost its viewership considerably, despite being at no1, to sembaruti. This move will prevent the migration of sun TV audience to Vijay tv.

This move has been welcomed by viewers across social media which is quite contradictory to the remarks that are laid upon sun TV serials. Let's wait and watch how this move helps zee tamil.

But still zee tamil HD missing in sun direct
same in airtel dth also no zee tamil HD

Zee Tamil HD not available even on their own Dishtv and still isn't available in their Zee5 app also,

Airtel-ZEEL DEAL isn't confirmed by any source till now so it's uncertain when it will be available on Airtel but Airtel-Zeel relationship isn't bad it may get added when Airtel adds more HD Channels.

Sun Direct might add even before Airtel since their deal is signed and even Channel tested but Sun Direct not adding fearing their Tamil channels may lose ratings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock