Zee Telugu HD & Zee cinemalu HD launched

• Thread starter Thread starter Sateesh_Hyd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 420
  • Views Views: Views 106,740
Screenshot_2018_01_03_09_40_37_413.png

Theme of Zee Telugu HD
?????

In many cases consistency is preferable. Because Zee TV's graphics have been a great success for it, they are being reused for Zee Tamil and Zee Telugu. Similarly Zee Cinema's graphics are being used on Zee Cinemalu. Thus, brand uniformity is being preferred by Zee and Viacom for their channels. But don't think Zee will change Zee Kannada/Marathi/Bangla/Sarthak's logo to orange and put Zee TV's graphics on them. For one or two channels (Tamil, Telugu) this is fine, but for every channel it becomes too much.

On the other hand you have Star. Every channel has its own identity and graphics, though Star Maa's logo is too similar to Star Plus's. Even Star Pravah's graphics were slightly changed and the wordmark was made big because they were too similar to Star Jalsha. Otherwise the channels are distinct. Moreover Zee is slightly lazy (not in a negative way). It wants to reuse Zee TV's graphics on some channels (but not all), while Star wants to invest time and energy in new graphics for each channel. Each network is choosing what works best for it.

Why I still stick with One Brand - One Theme concept should do well and Zee should implement this across is, their regional channels do not have separate brands. They are sub-brands only with their names indicating the language they broadcast. Zee TV, the mother brand and Zee Tamil -Zee Kannada - Zee Telugu - Zee Marathi - Zee Bangla, the sub-brands with names that clearly indicate what languages they cater to. The same goes with Colors; with Colors TV as the mother brand; Colors Kannada - Colors Bangla - Colors Marathi - Colors Odia - Colors Gujarati - Colors Tamil being sub-brands. Unified design language for their identities and themes will serve them in many ways; which makes the viewers think they are getting nothing less than a predominant brand that belongs to same company.

Star, on the other hand, does not go by this sub-brand theory. They have created individual brands for each language/channel and they dwell upon differentiating their brands. They do not go by languages to name their channels. If they had channels like Star Kannada, Star Telugu, Star Tamil then I would've strongly felt the need for unifying the design language. But what they have is Star Suvarna, Star Maa and Star Vijay which are distinctly different and for a non-indian or even a north indian, it might be difficult to guess which south channel of star is for which language and same happens for a south indian in guessing the languages of Star Pravah, Star Jalsha and Star Utsav.

Because these channels are branded individually, it is a good thing for Star to have different logos and graphics for each of them. But for Channels only with language suffix, I feel unification of brand would be a more apt strategy. Colors has always been doing this and Zee has started it. I expect all their GECs to go orange and movie channels to go green asap.

Pls do update us if any DTH adding these channels?
My Source Says Clearly No Idea!

Many Channels are launched by broadcasters to see in their own office:giggle::giggle: not launched on any Dth.Lets see ZEE are aggressive on this front in launching their channels on Dth and hope to see on all Dth in few days times.

Ditto tv also didn’t added these channels, anyone tell me how many days dittotv takes to add new zee channels, please?? I think &prive HD added on the launch day itself

Back
Top Bottom