Breaking ZEEL and Sony merger approved by ZEEL board; definitive agreements signed

• Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,496
  • Views: Views 303,932
Status
Not open for further replies.
Merged banners of Both Sony and Zee - Tseries, VVC Films, Aamir Khan Productions, Salman Khan Films, Boney Kapoor,Excel Entertainment, Trimurti Films, Eros International, Suresh Productions, Mukta Arts, Shweta International, Mushir-Riaz Films, Vijayta Films, Baweja Movies, Vishesh Films and many more
I think Goldmines likely leaving from Sony merge, But Sony will get dubbing movies from alternate dubbing studios PEN/Aditya movies

Ambani calls the shots, all the final decisions are his
It is he who cancelled the merger of Viacom18 with SPN. A year later Sony is getting its revenge!
Viacom has to merge some where to survive,may be Star or Sony
Why not acquire a stake in ETV? That’s a logical option and gives them an entry into Telugu. That’s of course assuming that Eenadu Group/Ramoji Rao is willing to dance to Ambani’s tunes.
Movies produced by Sony pictures streamed on Zee5 these days and that should have been the indication 😜
Still the OTTs should remain separate in my opinion as SonyLIV is much more premium with a sports section while Zee5 targets more languages. Note that the satellite rights of some movies in 2018 produced by Sony Pictures Entertainment India (not owned by SPN), such as Pad Man and 102 Not Out, are with Zee Cinema/&pictures.

Wow not expecting that. Expected a revival following the board meeting after firing two top officials, but not this way.

Double bonos for me as well, Brought 500 shares of zee last week around 255.

Last edited:
This news appeared on Sony.com as well. Check it:

Seems like Sony HQ is calling shots and not the local entity, SPNI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock