Breaking ZEEL and Sony merger approved by ZEEL board; definitive agreements signed

• Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,496
  • Views: Views 306,610
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamil & Telugu Markets Are Very Bigger In India,

Sony & Zee Will Work Harder To Grab Top Positions On South
Zee Tamil went ahead with launching Survivor, breaking traditional zee's approach to reality shows. With the merger and if the same trend follows, we can expect KBC in Tamil and other regional languages on Zee channels and also survivor!

Tamil & Telugu Markets Are Very Bigger In India,

Sony & Zee Will Work Harder To Grab Top Positions On South
Same I'm also expecting,
better if Sony will invest little bit in south Zee channels,
Zee Telugu channels have less movie library, this merger will help to increase their library, even we can expect Sony Pictures Hollywood movies in Zee Channels forever.

ZEEL-SPNI Merger: Here are top highlights -

1. Post merger, SPNI to hold a 52.93% (majority stake) and 47.07% stake to be held by shareholders of Zee entertainment.
2. Sony Pictures Entertainment will inffuse $ 1.575 Billion in merged entity.
3. The majority of the Board of Directors of the merged entity will be nominated by Sony Group but Punit Goenka will be continue as MD & CEO of the merged entity.
4. Bothe companies agree to combine linear networks, digital assets, production operations and program libraries

SPNI will remain an individual entity, but Zee will become an entity controlled by Sony and will continue to be listed. That's the inference. It's a merger as company x acquires more than half of company y and company x will call shots.

Also I guess Goenka will be the head of the Zeel entity which has merged with Sony. So these could function independently while sharing content.
ZEEL-SPNI Merger: Here are top highlights -

1. Post merger, SPNI to hold a 52.93% (majority stake) and 47.07% stake to be held by shareholders of Zee entertainment.
2. Sony Pictures Entertainment will inffuse $ 1.575 Billion in merged entity.
3. The majority of the Board of Directors of the merged entity will be nominated by Sony Group but Punit Goenka will be continue as MD & CEO of the merged entity.
4. Bothe companies agree to combine linear networks, digital assets, production operations and program libraries

Last edited:
I have a doubt. Why is there no mention of Zee Music Company? It's a part of ZEEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock