ZEEL to invest Rs 10 bn in new Hindi GEC, launch in last quarter of FY15

JitendraKumar

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) is planning to expand its current fleet of channels by launching a Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) in the last quarter of the current fiscal.

The investment will be to the tune of Rs 700-1000 crore (Rs 7 billion-10 billion) over 3-5 years when the new channel is expected to break even, a fund manager who attended IDFC’s annual investor conference was told by a ZEEL official.

“There is space for a segmented Hindi entertainment channel. We have seen that in the case of Epic channel. We are targeting our new Hindi GEC launch in the January-March 2015 quarter,” the ZEEL official said.

Speaking to TelevisionPost.com on condition of anonymity, the fund manager said that ZEEL’s main investments will go towards this new GEC and no other big channel launches are planned at this stage. “We will concentrate on the new GEC launch. But I can’t give you details of the channel,” the fund manager was told.

Read Further at : ZEEL to invest Rs 10 bn in new Hindi GEC, launch in last quarter of FY15 | TelevisionPost.com

JitendraKumar said:
Ok but where they said they are planing to invest 10 bn in this link and planing to launch in jan-march and some more ?

:huh but I think both are same :k

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock