DTH updates D Sport HD Will Be Removed by Tatasky w.e.f 13th March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
D Sport HD is shutting down. Discovery has already got the license for separate SD feed & with the removal of HD feed from every DTH they'll replace the downscaled HD feed with original SD feed or they might have already replaced. Broadcaster is not providing the HD feed, they're only providing the SD feed which TS added while renewing the deal while others are already having.

Airtel clearly stated that the channel is shutting down & it was not that they were removing it so mentioned that channel is shutting down, if that would have been the case then while removing Baby tv & NGP also they could've stated the same reason but they didn't mentioned so because SD feed of these channels was never available.
Thank you for explaining clearly. :tup: We lose another good HD channel. :cf2:

D Sport HD is shutting down. Discovery has already got the license for separate SD feed & with the removal of HD feed from every DTH they'll replace the downscaled HD feed with original SD feed or they might have already replaced. Broadcaster is not providing the HD feed, they're only providing the SD feed which TS added while renewing the deal while others are already having.

Airtel clearly stated that the channel is shutting down & it was not that they were removing it so mentioned that channel is shutting down, if that would have been the case then while removing Baby tv & NGP also they could've stated the same reason but they didn't mentioned so because SD feed of these channels was never available.

I see this as more of channel pricing issue ie Rs.65 is three times the upper limit of Trai Order and the license issue was there since they telecasted Both the feeds under single license and while going through the old MIB list and old D Sports thread I found out D Sports was telecasting both the feeds with single license even after Nidahas Trophy and a seperate license for a HD feed granted during May 2018 but the HD channel telecasted Nidahas trophy without HD License.

So I suspect these two issues needs to be resolved in the upcoming renewal between DPO & Broadcaster, since TRAI already allowed both SD & HD under old regime but while implementation of New regime Broadcaster not in a mood to offer the HD Channel within RS.20 framework and taking an extreme step of keeping the license dormant but it's resolvable, a big Series needs to make its way into D Sports similar to Nidahas trophy can be even any other Sports and it will surely force broadcaster for a HD telecast, I believe it will surely happen.

Until D Sports HD license gets cancelled or renamed the channel stands a chance for making its way into Digital Cable & DTH Platforms once more.

Last edited:
I see this as more of channel pricing issue ie Rs.65 is three times the upper limit of Trai Order

A-la-carte rates were kept on the higher side in previous regime to force bouquets upon you.Real rates in fixed deals would have been 90% less.

since TRAI already allowed both SD & HD under old regime but while implementation of New regime Broadcaster not in a mood to offer the HD Channel within RS.20 framework and taking an extreme step of keeping the license dormant but it's resolvable

In previous channel the rate of one channel was less then of a Snickers so I don't think Rs 19 is a big issue.Even if it is a big issue don't forget one can price their channel above Rs 19.For e.g - NHK Premium HD Rs 1800, Jan TV Plus Rs 50 and Topper at Rs 58.

Pics-Art-02-27-09-38-26.png

2016 fixed deal info provided by d2h.2018 rates would be have higher.Note : Fixed deals rates would have varied across other DPOs

@Basil bro the problem is only under new Tarrif regime so older comparisons won't hold much logic here.

As @Choco7905 mentioned in one post while Tata Sky renewed Discovery agreement they renewed it along with D Sports HD but the problem is Discovery didn't publish D Sports HD either in Boquet or as an alarcate symbolising they don't consider Rs.19 much profitable but that pressure when there is a significant new tournaments get telecasted, definitely that will force Discovery to publish the channel in their list.

Last edited:
@Basil bro the problem is only under new Tarrif regime so older comparisons won't hold much logic here.

As @Choco7905 mentioned in one post while Tata Sky renewed Discovery agreement they renewed it along with D Sports HD but the problem is Discovery didn't publish D Sports HD either in Boquet or as an alarcate symbolising they don't consider Rs.19 much profitable but that pressure when there is a significant new tournaments get telecasted definitely that will force Discovery to publish the channel in their list.

Discovery wants to shut HD sports channel as they know current content of theirs can't attract audience. Even SD feed is not getting numbers.

Also Star has not shutdown Baby TV HD or NG People HD, instead they will just provide it to HD viewers from now on. Main reason for this is not only limited appeal of content broadcasted on them but subscription being sole revenue driver in both cases as these r asian feeds devoid of indian ads

Another "hatke" HD sports channel shuts down.

Will miss NASCAR & MLS in HD though.

Ibra will come to our houses in SD only.

I am curious about Discovery's plans regarding Dsport and Jeet Prime post the new TRAI regime.

Travel Xp has SD feed ? Or it will shutdown also like dsports ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock