Fix common set-top box (STB) power supply issues easily

• Thread starter Vinay
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 65,835

Vinay

Reaction score
Fix common set-top box (STB) power supply issues easily which are caused by high voltages, "LNB In" shorting etc.

You will need a good multimeter, solder iron, solder wire and electronic components to be replaced.

bx3j5.jpg

First check the glass wire fuse because many times it is this protective fuse that goes away after a high voltage surge or fluctuations.
Replace the glass wire fuse with the ampere rating like 1A, 2A etc.

UCNwd.gif

80nvy.jpg

vCCbq.jpg

A197x.jpg

M1kS5.jpg

Ed6pK.jpg

sGkJl.jpg

If you have another SMPS with same voltage values, then connect it to the MPEG decoder board to check if the problem is really with the SMPS.

iAfUu.jpg

vinay very informative post , small problem can be solved by us if we get good help from our good experienced members like vinay

i suggest you should start a new post for where other member can ask of help regarding receivers . also you can give tips as you have great knowledge about electronic item

all member can contribute in it with the knowledge they have and help the needed member

very nice info. it would help a lot of members like me who doesnt know anything inside STB and other electronic items inside it.:eek:hya

Waw amazing I love this I learn sooo much . . . Dear..........., how to clear scrach problem in H series boxx es

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock