Discussion Is Tata Sky an overrated DTH or is really good?

Is Tata Sky an overrated DTH

• Yes

• No

• Don't Know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pallab501

Reaction score
Tatasky is so overrated except customer support. I am using Dish Nxt HD box from 1 year picture quality is excellent on HD channels. Nat Geo,Animal Planet, Sony BBC Earth, History tv, Star Select HD etc channels are delight to watch 😍😍😍.

Tatasky is so overrated except customer support. I am using Dish Nxt HD box from 1 year picture quality is excellent on HD channels. Nat Geo,Animal Planet, Sony BBC Earth, History tv, Star Select HD etc channels are delight to watch 😍😍😍.
Dishtv was my first experience with DTH which made me a cable fan boy and almost felt I'd never buy dth again. TS is definitely not over rated. I have been on this forum from a long time and thought most were fanboys. I only realised how good it is after i got it myself.

How can you defend dishtv anymore? They don't even carry zee kannada HD which is a very important channel for me. Back when i had dishtv they had 17 kannada channels or so and now they have 27 and they don't even add channels quickly anymore due to the blunder they made by merging with D2h.

Also, Dishtv didn't even work when it was cloudy and their hardware is garbage. Also how can you defend their dark bright logo which looks terrible? They had the best logo few years back when it was small and transparent.

To conclude Den HD cable alone smokes dishtv and has more HD channels than dish. Forget Tata Sky. It's not even in the same league as Airtel anymore. The number of subscribers doesn't mean anything when they don't care about improving themselves. Whereas Tata Sky just released a minor SW update which already added a lot of things that benefit me.

Last edited:
Dishtv was my first experience with DTH which made me a cable fan boy and almost felt I'd never buy dth again. TS is definitely not over rated. I have been on this forum from a long time and thought most were fanboys. I only realised how good it is after i got it myself.

How can you defend dishtv anymore? They don't even carry zee kannada HD which is a very important channel for me. Back when i had dishtv they had 17 kannada channels or so and now they have 27 and they don't even add channels quickly anymore due to the blunder they made by merging with D2h.

Also, Dishtv didn't even work when it was cloudy and their hardware is garbage. Also how can you defend their dark bright logo which looks terrible? They had the best logo few years back when it was small and transparent.

To conclude Den HD cable alone smokes dishtv and has more HD channels than dish. Forget Tata Sky. It's not even in the same league as Airtel anymore. The number of subscribers doesn't mean anything when they don't care about improving themselves. Whereas Tata Sky just released a minor SW update which already added a lot of things that benefit me.
Incomplete service is Subash Chandra's business model. Got Siti cable here. No HD's channels of Zee and Turner here. Apparently they were asking more money than Star and Sony who got sports. Other than Zee Bangla HD my MSO didn't bother to get any channels of Zee's HD package. GTPL has everything. Their selling point here is we got HD channels of Zee. They had monster share of customers in the region as there was no competition still couldn't give good service to the customers.

Last edited:
Incomplete service is Subash Chandra's business model. Got Siti cable here. No HD's channels of Zee and Turner here. Apparently they were asking more money than Star and Sony who got sports. Other than Zee Bangla HD my MSO didn't bother to get any channels on Zee's HD package. GTPL has everything. Their selling point here is we got HD channels of Zee.
But the problem is they don't. They're not capable of adding their own channels anymore. They don't have Zee Kannada HD which is a very popular channel and neither does D2h have it so we can't get the channel from ST2 sat as well.

But the problem is they don't. They're not capable of adding their own channels anymore. They don't have Zee Kannada HD which is a very popular channel and neither does D2h have it so we can't get the channel from ST2 sat as well.
For the sake of customers. Sell your business.
Edit : Don't do it. You will ruin our entertainment. You already ruined sports market in India by selling Ten channels. Sony was doing great until they acquired Ten.

Last edited:
It's like comparing apple with Chinese companies. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those who have used TS for longer time can only tell it's value.

Last edited:
Dullness or I can say lack of sharpness is only an issue in Humax HEVC HD STB, no other STB has this issue.

I don't know who gave u the wrong information.
No wrong info...self experience... I had old tatasky box 1 year ago ..at that time I was using those settings in my TV...then I gave that box to my servant and moved to dishtv...few days ago only bought new tatasky new connection at unbelievable price and got that hevc box which has dull picture

No wrong info...self experience... I had old tatasky box 1 year ago ..at that time I was using those settings in my TV...then I gave that box to my servant and moved to dishtv...few days ago only bought new tatasky new connection at unbelievable price and got that hevc box which has dull picture
You contradict yourself way too much. I remember you posting about this dullness at least 2-3 times before and then you quickly said you increased the brightness and contrast and that it's better than dishtv now. Make your mind up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock