Discussion Is Tata Sky an overrated DTH or is really good?

Is Tata Sky an overrated DTH

• Yes

• No

• Don't Know

Results are only viewable after voting.
I already said in terms of Picture Quality Dishtv is comparable to Tata Sky(if not better). I already know Dishtv have pathetic customer service.
Never know Dishtv is the most hated DTH company in Dream DTH forum.

I already said in terms of Picture Quality Dishtv is comparable to Tata Sky(if not better). I already know Dishtv have pathetic customer service.
Never know Dishtv is the most hated DTH company in Dream DTH forum.

Bhai, we r not here to hate or love a DTH. Those who provide better overall service is praised while negative points r criticized too. We all want all companies to perform well but sharing honest experience is also our responsibility

You are seller or dealer or tatasky representative 🙄🤣
People who have used tatasky already know what is tatasky.....😛

Your comments are not in good taste, u cant call a TS users who likes their services as their seller/dealer.

No one in this forum has any PQ issue with new cardless HEVC HD STB. U can ask anyone.

Yes, Humax HD HEVC HD STB had some PQ issues and many of our members here including myself have acknowledged that.

And saying cardless STB has issues a 100 times wont make it real.

Bhai, this comment can be interpreted with different meanings. One can see it as that of honest subscriber worried about wrong news spread regarding Tata Sky or some may see u as their employee and trying to protect its interests. Those believing latter will not have trust in ur detailed review.

You should post a clarification regarding this to avoid doubt. Just a suggestion from a neutral perspective , not intended to offend u :)

Has he said anything wrong ??? Everyone knows that after TRAI tariff order, its more easier to add/remove channels and choose packs in DTH. I see so many users in my locality opting for TS, that is called word of mouth reference, people use TS, they find it great and recommend it to others.

We have to change the mindset that openly supporting a company doesnt mean he has to be its employee, a normal customer has full right to appreciate the company if its quality of services is excellent.

Fantastic review. Now I am becoming TS fan. @Bapun Raz bhai Kya bolte ho? Ek TS laga lu Kya? Becoz independent toh duba Diya...
Bro you never asked me this question while taking Sun Direct. I am not even Tata Sky seller/dealer/employee. Nor they are sponsoring me for promoting their products. Wondering if you already think me a fan boy of Tata Sky as i am using it from 10+ years now.

If i say 'Go ahead, install it, its good' i will end up getting tags like fan boy and supoorter. Since i represent this forum as team member lead, it will not be wise for me suggesting you in this situation. Do as you feel good. I can't ask you to join TS club however.

I've asked my thread to be closed. My intentions were never to defame other DTH brands or make comparisions. I have only compared it with what i have used and experienced personally and have been honest about my past experiences. Few members have derailed the thread so much this won't help any new user at all. Thanks for those who appreciated it.

IMO this doesn't need to be closed. DDF should always be the best place to review, criticize, suggest anything (DTH here) that we experienced. Decision making is purely readers choice.

Only because of DDF I moved my 2 connections from Sundirect to TS, where I found the ease of package lock-in period and more HD channels.
Only because of DDF, I suggested Sundirect for one of my neighbour who is 50+ and wants only south regional channels. They don't want to play with any app/website, just pay a monthly tariff and watch.

So decision making purely depends on how we take things and compare with what we need. @shreyaskini Good review and hats off to your patience for such a long writeup. I can't imagine doing such a big one, better doing a copy paste. :cool: (This seems to be my longest one ever in DDF :p)

DQ3eM2R.jpg

Last edited:
I've asked my thread to be closed. My intentions were never to defame other DTH brands or make comparisions. I have only compared it with what i have used and experienced personally and have been honest about my past experiences. Few members have derailed the thread so much this won't help any new user at all. Thanks for those who appreciated it.

Bro, you took a lot of efforts to make such a wonderful thread. Don't get it closed please. I'm seeing a few people who come to every TS thread in particular and say TS is this, that. TS is looting money from Customers for profit, as though other companies are running DTH business for charity. TS quality is not good and blah blah. I know it is annoying. Some bash openly and some do it with a mask of impartial critic but are there to bash in a poised manner by writing negative essays in every TS thread.

I understand that it could be really annoying when few try to derail this wonderful review thread which you have made after a lot of efforts. But there will be haters, lets just ignore them. Once again, I really appreciate this excellent detailed review. :)

Last edited:
Bro, you took a lot of efforts to make such a wonderful thread. Don't get it closed please. I'm seeing a few people who come to every TS thread in particular and say TS is this, that. TS is looting money from Customers for profit, as though other companies are running DTH business for charity. TS quality is not good and blah blah. I know it is annoying. Some bash openly and some do it with a mask of impartial critic but are there to bash in a poised manner by writing negative essays in every TS thread.

I understand that it could be really annoying when few try to derail this wonderful review thread which you have made after a lot of efforts. But there will be haters, lets just ignore them. Once again, I really appreciated this excellent detailed review. :)

Bhai, not only in thread but in life too we get to face strong opinions but have to take things with a positive outlook. Remember every criticism is not an "essay " or written with intention to discredit someone's efforts. Be it Tata Sky or any other company people will have varied experiences of using them and share it accordingly in public forums. I have myself liked @shreyaskini bro's review but have disagreed with this comment in later post where he is telling azhar bro to not criticize tata sky bcoz it will discourage people from buying their connection. I think people r wise enough to make decisions, also our job is to present honest review and help others making right choice based on their their preferences. Confronting and debating with facts is what should be propogated rather than taking refuge in playing a victim shaped out of other's outlook.

In each thread i have always encouraged people, helped them and even give them some funny moments... Sad that u have targeted me silently with ur essay remark. Though i will not get demotivated by this but surely feel sad reading this.

DDF team will do what's right. @dino29 bro I respect you a lot. I'm a big admirer of you and you inspire me to make long posts here and that's why i follow you. But you also should accept that reiterating the same thing in 4-5 different threads and going on about it is annoying. When he first said there's dullness i said even if it's the truth we can't do anything regarding it. He then goes on to say That Sky users know what TS is when it's clear that this thread isn't intended for them but for those who are in a dilemma whether to get TS or not. If indeed he feels there's dullness he can actually make a thread and ask others if it's true. He has made this post quite a few times in threads which were not meant for it! How can a new user ever understand if older boxes had better pq and is there anything we can do about it? They have stopped supplying the boxes with cards and all i told him was to move on.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock