Airtel Internet TV gets major service update
DTH operator Airtel Digital TV has a fortnight ago started pushing a new software update to its Internet TV customers. The new service update is a major update for the Internet TV users bringing in a lot of new updates to the existing boxes.
Key Changes after the Software Update
- The search history of Airtel Xstream is directly linked with Internet TV. Users can now stream Zee5, HOOQ content directly on their big screen.
- Users can view their most-watched Channels + Channel Guide on the dock bar at left by pressing the Left button on your remote.
- Users can view their installed apps on the dock bar at left by pressing the Right button on your remote.
- Errors screens changed along with fixing of CL-17 error. Users were earlier facing CL-17 error while trying to view certain content on Internet TV.
- QR Code added in Settings which can be used to recharge account via UPI.
The box hanging issue is now slightly better. It is said to be more responsive now than before after the update. Some times it hangs during starting when it is connected to Wifi/Internet. It gets solved after watching TV for 5 mins. The problem could be because of the “Recommendations for You” Tab (which collects all available Live content in TV and sorts as per your preferences).
Most of the features belonging to Airtel Xstream Box are reported to have been added to 1st generation Internet Box itself. The only difference now between both the boxes is hardware specs and Android Version. The box is reportedly behaving like Xstream box. Airtel, however, is yet to roll out an update to fix Internet TV remote voice search which is not working properly.
The latest update carries the SW version 2.0.3118. The update is yet to be rolled out to all the Internet TV customers. Software updates are usually pushed in batches which normally takes a weeks time to get to all boxes. However this time the new update has not been pushed immediately for everyone by Airtel. It’s a good update overall as the box is more Informative than before as per our member Ashok L. The news was first broken on community forums by our member Ashok.L. More pictures of the service update can be found here.