DDF Exclusive 19 Jan - I got Airtel Xtreme Box today, connected my Xiaomi TV 4A PRO 43 inch, Posting my first impression

shyamlal

Reaction score
  • Within 2 hours I applied for a connection via airtel app, the technician came to my home to install it.
  • I had selected "pay after installation" option. I paid total 2250 + 75 = 2325 INR in Cash and got the paper bill of local authorized shop (not from airtel itself) who had sent the technician. If I would have paid online while ordering I think I would have got Airtel's own Bill.
  • I think I could get more 200 rs. discount (as mentioned in the app) if I would have paid online via Airtel Payment bank but my KYC was not done.
  • It came with DTH Dish + Android Box + Power Adapter + 1 HDMI Cable + Remote (with 2 cell)
  • The technician told me that only a 10-meter cable is free from TV to a dish antenna.
  • Upon initial installation, the box asks us to connect to Google account
  • Box also has an option to connect it with Amazon Alexa.
  • There are no holes behind the box to keep it on the wall, vertically.
  • I could connect the box with wi-fi during initial setup
  • Until Airtel back-end people inserted customer ID was not inserted into the box I was not able to open to any app. I think without DTH balance this box will be useless
  • Even Chromecast from my mobile to Airtel Box didn't work and asked to recharge.
  • Colors are too dark and look bad and there is no setting for color in the box's setting. Looking for a solution.
  • I still need to use two remote. My MI TV remote and Airtel Box remote. I don't know how to merge them and use only airtel remote
  • Airtel Extreme App's content is free for 1st year.
  • Google Play music, Google Play moves, Google Play games, Youtube, Youtube Kids, Netflix, Prime, Zee5, ALT Balaji's shortcuts are by default added on "Apps" section.
  • From the Android play store, I installed Hotstar, Jio Cinema, Eros Now, Sony Liv, Voot. MX player TV app.
  • Only the Airtel Extreme app's content is free.
  • Box's interface perform slower than my MI TV's android interface
  • App's UI is not configurable. We can't even remove a section and shortcuts of apps icons which are fixed by Airtel. I find it annoying.
  • Even if I forced stopped a few inbuilt apps and disabled from android settings, app's shortcuts were not removed from the screens.
  • There is a recording button on the app but it says "Recording feature will be available soon"
  • Android is version 9
  • There is an app called "Airtel games" but when I click on it, it says
  • I installed Airtel Smart Remote app from playstore, configured and connected with Bluetooth and it worked.
  • I liked that I can bookmark TV channels, can be added on "TV" section like we add Android app's icon.
  • Netflix detected my mobile number from the number attached to my airtel account when I clicked on it the first time, It welcomed me with "Hi Ramlal"
  • When I first time opened Play store and went to my apps section, I got an update for Android TV app, Prime Video, Youtube, Android TV service
  • Under my profile section. it's not mentioned when my current pack will end
  • My TV is full HD Mi LED TV 4A PRO 108cm (43 inch), Not 4K so I can't test any 4K capabilities.
  • According to the plan given with the new connection, my TV channels I have only 154 channels to watch for 7 days. I guess after 7 days I will have to recharge. Seeking Help - If I purchase Airtel xtreme box which is hybrid box, will it come with Airtel DTH connection too?

Update

• For TV channels (Without internet) disc will be given by airtel and their technician will install it on the roof or balcony. It might need a proper place to catch signals. Where I had my TATA sky dish installed it didn't catch the signal at the same spot.
  • Android apps will work with any company's Internet connection or even with Smartphone Hotspot. It connects to the internet via Wi-fi and LAN port.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock