3 Pakistani DTH,s to start services ,Security Clearances Underway

RE: 3 DTH services going to start in Pakistan

@dreambox : How do you get the number 3 ?

As per the image in 1st post bid for license is in Dec 2015. So how can you confirm that there will be only 3 operator ?

Sarkar said:
First let them start as we are hearing this from long time that pak will have dth service[emoji6]

maximum time is 1 years from issue of licence and they going to issue licenses in December 2015 if they don't start within timeline license will be cancelled

Sarkar said:
@dreambox : How do you get the number 3 ?

As per the image in 1st post bid for license is in Dec 2015. So how can you confirm that there will be only 3 operator ?

they have provided all details in MOI where its clearly mentioned in first phase 3 license will be issued to 3 different DTH operators to make competitive market

Price of license is only 200M PKR and many companies will be looking to invest in this sector as it will be a gold mine for them

dreambox.pk said:
maximum time is 1 years from issue of licence and they going to issue licenses in December 2015 if they don't start within timeline license will be cancelled

Launch of service within 1 year is a very tough job, almost impossible bcoz building sat after that launching it then testing after that contract with broadcasters, train service people to setup equipment in customers house so lots of work to do :dodgy

Sarkar said:
Launch of service within 1 year is a very tough job, almost impossible bcoz building sat after that launching it then testing after that contract with broadcasters, train service people to setup equipment in customers house so lots of work to do :dodgy

Many Transponders are available on Paksat almost 80% and moreover PEMRA has given free hand to use foreign satellite no restriction

Companies just need to lease transponders and start operation

dreambox.pk said:
Many Transponders are available on Paksat almost 80% and more PEMRA has given free hand to use foreign satellite no restriction

Companies just need to lease transponders and start operation

I seriously doubt that there are enough vacant Ku transponder available in any foreign sat over south east region at this moment :s

Sarkar said:
I seriously doubt that there are enough vacant Ku transponder available in any foreign sat over south east region at this moment :s

Paksat KU transponders are almost empty

ABS 2 75 has many transponders

Asiasat 105 E has many empty transponders

and in Pakistan to start with they only need 3 4 transponders because minimum requirement is dvb-s2 Mpeg4 as mentioned in MOI

there only 150 SD channels in Pakistan including 3 4 HD channels

dreambox.pk said:
Paksat KU transponders are almost empty

ABS 2 75 has many transponders

Asiasat 105 E has many empty transponders

and in Pakistan to start with they only need 3 4 transponders because minimum requirement is dvb-s2 Mpeg4 as mentioned in MOI

there only 150 SD channels in Pakistan including 3 4 HD channels

Then good news :eek:hya

But Why ABS, Asiasat is wasting billions of money on satellite in space without using it as Sat has only limited life time(10-15 years). I think that means they are not empty(may be not for broadcasting purpose) Or in case few are really empty they are reserved for back up purpose :k

Sarkar said:
Then good news :eek:hya

But Why ABS, Asiasat is wasting billions of money on satellite in space without using it as Sat has only limited life time(10-15 years). I think that means they are not empty(may be not for broadcasting purpose) Or in case few are really empty they are reserved for back up purpose :k

Because they have coverage of Pakistan yeah you are right lot of space available on asisat as well lets see what companies decides

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock