DDF Exclusive 3 SPN Channels (Mix & ESPN SD/HD) to Shut down wef 30th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think TRAI has anything to do. Sony mix is among top 5 channels and good rating. It was subscribed by almost all users. Price was never issue for it. It donot competes directly with Mtv Beats as they target different segment. I hope another music channel is launched by MTV to compensate Mix

Yes your assumption it was subscribed by almost all users is actually the catch.After TRAI rules even if a music channel costs 0.10 ps to 1 Rs it had to be pushed by the broadcasters in lowest packages as its now a paid channel.Also People don't subscribe to ala-carte channels after TRAI's thinking and implementation which is fact now and most people prefer to go for lower packages with channels available there. There are very less die-hard fans who actually subscribes a channel especially a music channel which now have a cost associated with it along with NCF. The FTA music channel requires carriage fee and their inclusion in packages by the broadcasters along with operators conditions make it a difficult unless you are a 9XM and Masti.These are the reasons I think to discontinue by Sony as it should be profitable proposition and equally important to sustain on own by the channel.

Yes your assumption it was subscribed by almost all users is actually the catch.After TRAI rules even if a music channel costs 0.10 ps to 1 Rs it had to be pushed by the broadcasters in lowest packages as its now a paid channel.Also People don't subscribe to ala-carte channels after TRAI's thinking and implementation which is fact now and most people prefer to go for lower packages with channels available there. There are very less die-hard fans who actually subscribes a channel especially a music channel which now have a cost associated with it along with NCF. The FTA music channel requires carriage fee and their inclusion in packages by the broadcasters along with operators conditions make it a difficult unless you are a 9XM and Masti.These are the reasons I think to discontinue by Sony as it should be profitable proposition and equally important to sustain on own by the channel.

Wrong. There is huge chunk opting for standalone route as stated in recent articles too. Also those opting for lower customised or broadcaster bouquet will also get basic chs like Sony Mix. This is very popular channel and subscription numbers is not issue, they r shutting shop bcoz of merger happening soon with Network18. Also Sony Mix worked average in urban or pay tv platforms but on Free Dish it was not doing well as evident in ratings. Must have been 70:30 ratio and this also meant not able to leverage on both fronts

Sony Mix is already on freedish & present in lowest sony bouquets too. Most DPO packs hv it. Music lovers like it. Ranks in top 5. Still Channel like sony pal/wah can survive but not mix? Seems laughable argument. By your logic all ranking below 5 should shut down due to low subscription.

WuWfZxz.jpg
995rWYS.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock