A+E Networks I TV18 JV appoints MPG India as media AoR for History channel

Ravi budhwar

Reaction score
The A+E Networks & TV18 joint venture has brought MPG India on board for the media duties of its soon-to-be-launched History channel in India. The agency will work on the media strategy for the channel’s launch and sustenance thereof in India. McCann Erickson is the creative agency on the business.

MPG was appointed the media agency on record for the account following a multi-agency pitch. McCann Erickson is the creative agency on the business.

Ajay Chacko, President - A+E Networks I TV18 JV, said, “The subject history has always been associated with the past in India, but with the all new History channel, we hope to change people’s perception of history. The channel today is contemporary, it’s also about action and adventure. It is about people making history every day. We found the MPG approach to be thorough and insightful. Their strategic thinking, drive and passion give us the confidence to believe that MPG India will truly help us make History in India and we are looking forward to making this genre as popular in India as it is around the world.”

The channel’s General Manager – Marketing, Sangeetha Aiyer, added, “We have extensive and ambitious plans for the launch of History in India. Being familiar with the agency’s work, we completely trust MPG to deliver as per our expectations.”

Anita Nayyar, CEO, MPG South Asia, said, “History’s launch in India is a landmark development in itself and we are pleased to have won the marketing team’s confidence. The team at MPG that worked on the pitch is personally passionate about History’s content and this passion is what helped us clinch the business.”

Kunal Jamuar, Executive Director, MPG (West) India, said, “History channel has a loyal following in most countries it is present in and we feel fortunate to have been tasked to build a buzz around a channel of such distinction. We have put together some interesting plans, which will be rolled out in the next few months. Our aim is to skyrocket the channel into the minds of Indian audiences.”

Research has proven that viewers have started watching factual entertainment channels the world over even more because they offer a completely different style of programming, enhanced visual experience, especially in an outdoor setting that has never been seen before. This trend is bound to show up in India soon as people are looking beyond soaps, serials and existing reality TV content for entertainment. With History, A+E Networks I TV18 JV attempts to bring this kind of content to India.
http://www.exchange4media.com/e4m/news/fullstory.asp?Section_id=45&News_id=43604&Tag=36098

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock