Abdul Kalam joins hands with Zee News’ green initiative

Anil.HD

Reaction score
Former President of India, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam and his foundation ‘What Can I Give’ joined hands with one of India’s biggest environment awareness initiatives ‘My Earth My Duty’.

The green campaign has been Zee News’ endeavour since 2009 to spread awareness on the exigent issue of environmental degradation. The initiative aims at engaging various members of the society to sensitize and encourage them to take concrete action towards mitigating the effects of climate change.

Appreciating the concern and efforts of Zee News, Dr. Kalam said, “I am very happy that Zee News has undertaken the My Earth My Duty initiative to promote the youth of the nation to be environmentally responsible citizens of India and the world”.

Under the initiative, a series of multi-city awareness camps are being currently organized to bring about a behavioral change amongst masses by empowering India at the grass root level. This will be followed by week long plantation drive starting August 15, to mark 65 years of Independence.

Pledging to plant and nourish a sapling himself on Independence Day, Dr. Kalam urged the youth to also join the movement. He further added, “This independence day, be an environment giver. I am sure; each one will participate in this great mission. Remember it is our earth, it is our duty to preserve and nourish it.”

In an unparallel achievement for any initiative, My Earth My Duty also represented India as a model green campaign at the recent 2012 Earth Summit, in Brazil.

source-http://www.cable-quest.in/news_view.asp?cate=National%20News#4465

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock