Airtel 4K Internet TV Launched [Detail and Price]

• Thread starter iphifi
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 288
  • Views: Views 62,981
sagarkr said:
Sorry :-/  , I've been away from ddf so forgot we are mortal enemy with Them ...   ;)

We aren't actually. Its just that some website owners do not want to get their content republished even if you give link back to them. :k

rajatduggal.169 said:
Like if it has Google PlayStore, so can we download JioTV & Jio Cinema applications also!?

jayanthkillam said:
very useful question bro.

It has PlayStore so we can download all sorts of apps on android platform.
But its unclear about android version installed if its 4 then expect to see bye bye 
from the support for many apps from the developers in 2-3 years.
and even if they continue to support it, newer versions of apps might need good hardware 
which I don't think DUAL Core Processor with 2 Gb RAm can give us LAG-Free experience.

Edit- Android 6 is installed (Thanks to divakar_mba for INFO).
still I say go for a descent android boz like MXQ,etc which is available for 3-6k
and has many hardware options like Quadcore/Octacore processor,etc 
with 2-4Gb Ram and 8-16Gb-ROM

come to know later if it installs all apps. that is the main thing as i don't think that Airtel will allow all apps. also installation from apk or sideloading is also necessary. than only it could be compared to mxq type player.

sagarkr said:
 It has PlayStore so we can download all sorts of apps on android platform.
But its unclear about android version installed if its 4 then expect to see bye bye 
from the support for many apps from the developers in 2-3 years.
and even if they continue to support it, newer versions of apps might need good hardware 
which I don't think DUAL Core Processor with 2 Gb RAm can give us LAG-Free experience.

Edit- Android 6 is installed (Thanks to divakar_mba for INFO).
still I say go for a descent android boz like MXQ,etc which is available for 3-6k
and has many hardware options like Quadcore/Octacore processor,etc 
with 2-4Gb Ram and 8-16Gb-ROM

Why are promoting MXQ too much Airtel is a Mainstream brand and a DTH with the option to Watch TV Channels along with web services whereas others were purely Android Box so at 3K its a best deal for Airtel users from Smart TV point of View.Only drawback its not DVR but for a HD+ user it won't hurt much so its best for HD+ users and DVR users who can spend money can maintain it as Secondary connection for one year for 8k and upgrade to DVR Internet Box as & when it arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:
karan_hdl said:
Why are promoting MXQ too much Airtel is a Mainstream brand and a DTH with the option to Watch TV Channels along with web services whereas others were purely Android Box so at 3K its a best deal for Airtel users from Smart TV point of View.Only drawback its not DVR but for a HD+ user it won't hurt much so its best for HD+ users and DVR users who can spend money can maintain it as Secondary connection for one year for 8k and upgrade to DVR Internet Box as & when it arrives.

I wrote MXQ & ETC, That implies & covers all other brands  
but Fine. No MXQ (I wrote it coz its short to write than list of Amkette, Profitech, T96/H96,  CROCON,ETC
(and MXQ people, if you're reading this, Please don't stop my money coz this post is just to please my friend 'karan_hdl')  :lol :p

for why I dont think its Ideal to go for this box , please see my post
Is-Airtel-4K-Internet-TV-Worth-To-Buy?pid=1126924197#pid1126924197

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock