Airtel Digital TV Q2 subscriber growth softens,EBITDA falls

jayanji

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: Airtel Digital TV’s operating profit has seen a dip in the fiscal second quarter amid a softening of subscriber growth and higher churn rate while ARPU remained firm. The direct-to-home (DTH) business of Bharti Airtel reported a lower operating profit (EBITDA) of Rs. 64.5 crore ( Rs. 645 million) for the three-month period ended 30 September compared to Rs. 76 crore ( Rs. 760 million) in the trailing quarter. EBITDA in the earlier-year was substantially lower at Rs. 3.3 crore ( Rs. 33 million). Airtel Digital TV’s total revenue for the quarter jumped to Rs. 507.2 crore ( Rs. 5.07 billion) from Rs. 490 crore ( Rs. 4.90 billion) in the prior quarter. In the year-ago period, the company had reported a revenue of Rs. 393.7 crore ( Rs. 3.94 billion). Subscriber growth has considerably slowed down for the DTH operators in the quarter. Airtel Digital TV added 120,000 net subscribers, 66 per cent lower than the 352,000 new customers it found in the earlier quarter. The company’s net subscriber base stands at 8.57 million.

Read more at: Airtel Digital TV Q2 EBITDA falls, subscriber growth softens | TelevisionPost.com | TelevisionPost.com

Now TS is going to overtake Airtel in HD count
In south SD sector also Airtel loosing the leed...

I think Adtv is not adding the important Channels on its platform like 9XO, MTUNES, ROMEDY NOW and & Pictures, etc.. However TS added a number of channels lately..

Yeah to hona hi tha... Na..Na..NaNa..Na..Na..

But Airtel Slogan may not change even after this..

"Mere Marzi.. Main Chahe Channels dalo ya channels hata do.. Meri Marzi".. :p

Anyways DTH Portability soon coming maybe coming March.. Then Subscribers will tell Airtel...

Our Time to pay Airtel back.. :)

So ATV aceepting that adfv is not in leading position of DTH race.

Race is between ts, d2h and dish then adtv.

But I feel its actually between ts and adtv.

Sent from my Connect-2G-2.0

me_saket, bro to me they are not competing with anyone as of now..

There fight should be with their negatively ignorant thinking CEO who fails to foresee the youth demand for HD channels.

They have less returns and whatever is due to their lack of interest in the segment. First they have to think openly otherwise they will never succeed.

I was going through the CEO statement and his take and thinking on HD segment clearly proves his vision and passion for technology. This will surely take Tatasky ahead of Airtel.

No offence Guys... I just spoke my heart out.. :)

The main setback was removal of ESPN HD & Star Cricket HDfor some time. I My self also taken another connection of D2H that time.

Adtv finally heard the voice of its users and added MTUNES HD.. Still needs to add 9XO on its platform Asap.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock