Sad News Airtel DTH team sending reminder messages for recovery of suspended STB

• Thread starter Thread starter Vicky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 37
  • Views Views: Views 2,989
I also received same msg
Now I'm using zingfta for family

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem is Airtel has no data on who has taken on rental and who has paid deposit for it.
I believe those who have paid 1500 or 1600 are the ones who have taken it on rental.
While I paid 4000 rupees for xtreme dth way back in 2020 and it shows rental for me. This includes security deposit also but now CC says entire 4000 was deposited for rental connection. Since Xtreme was newly launched hence, they were taking deposit at that time. I remember binge used to cost 6700 with no netflix hence I opt for cheaper Xtreme box.

If anyone in Airtel is reading this and can pay back the security deposit to me, I will personally return the Xtreme box to Sunil Bharti residence. Itching to enjoy jingalala offers.

Bro, Are u really of the opinion that a reputed and big company like Airtel won't have information stored in their database about each customer.....well if so buddy u r entirely wrong about this.

Each registered company more so the large MNC's record all the details in their database and this comes under Subscriber Data Management wherein companies invest a lot in deploying necessary infrastructure to keep all the relevant information related to its customers so if u r thinking Airtel is not aware regarding which option u bought the Airtel XStream then sorry but u r drawing incorrect conclusion.

Now coming to ur query, u bought the XStream Box at Rs. 4000 wherein there was a provision for refundable security, 1stly there r certain clauses which need to adhered for a customer to be eligible for getting security amount back like i got Airtel XStream Smart Android Box as oart of Rs. 1500 Refundable Security Offer as i already was an Airtel Xstream Fiber / Broadband Customer so if i want security amount back i needed to keep my box in active state for atleast 1 year and there was another condition related to having some minimum monthly usage (Package Cost) , so if i complied with these reems and decided to return box then i woukd have got security amount back from Airtel....do check with Airtel on this,,tell customer care executive to connect ur call with their floor supervisor or simplay contact Airtel Presence team to solve this issue.

Lastly as i have said always none of ths operators will be able to meet all the demands of any customer so choose the operator which best serves ur needs. Unfortunately many times so many members highlight things which are not even issues or just point out every small shortcoming on a repeat manner rather than sharing feedback with senior team at Airtel which provides solution to address the same

Buddy for whatever reason if u r so unsatisfied with using Airtel Digital TV which i am failing to understand why and r so willing to buy a new Tata Play connection then please go ahead and do so....these days new connection pricing is very affordable

Bro, Are u really of the opinion that a reputed and big company like Airtel won't have information stored in their database about each customer.....well if so buddy u r entirely wrong about this.

Each registered company more so the large MNC's record all the details in their database and this comes under Subscriber Data Management wherein companies invest a lot in deploying necessary infrastructure to keep all the relevant information related to its customers so if u r thinking Airtel is not aware regarding which option u bought the Airtel XStream then sorry but u r drawing incorrect conclusion.

Now coming to ur query, u bought the XStream Box at Rs. 4000 wherein there was a provision for refundable security, 1stly there r certain clauses which need to adhered for a customer to be eligible for getting security amount back like i got Airtel XStream Smart Android Box as oart of Rs. 1500 Refundable Security Offer as i already was an Airtel Xstream Fiber / Broadband Customer so if i want security amount back i needed to keep my box in active state for atleast 1 year and there was another condition related to having some minimum monthly usage (Package Cost) , so if i complied with these reems and decided to return box then i woukd have got security amount back from Airtel....do check with Airtel on this,,tell customer care executive to connect ur call with their floor supervisor or simplay contact Airtel Presence team to solve this issue.

Lastly as i have said always none of ths operators will be able to meet all the demands of any customer so choose the operator which best serves ur needs. Unfortunately many times so many members highlight things which are not even issues or just point out every small shortcoming on a repeat manner rather than sharing feedback with senior team at Airtel which provides solution to address the same

Buddy for whatever reason if u r so unsatisfied with using Airtel Digital TV which i am failing to understand why and r so willing to buy a new Tata Play connection then please go ahead and do so....these days new connection pricing is very affordable
Yes dino29. I am sure they don't have information on customers who took rental and others who paid for security deposit.
The entire drama of recovery of deactivated STBs is aimed at harassing customers to do recharge. Till now, I have not seen any member reporting that airtel team came to take the box.
Regarding the conditions which you told, the box was active for more than 3 years continuously. It is just after 3 years that I went to hometown for 2 months and activated safe custody. After the safe custody got expired, they started deducting DBR charges from balance and when it got over, they are sending reminder messages for recovery of box.
Coming to taking new connection, that doesn't justify having paid for box in entirety and still getting messages for box recovery. Maybe for you 4000 rupees is meagre amount but not for everyone.
Forget security deposit, when I enquired about Airtel Black, they told that they can't add my existing xtreme in black plan and they told I need to pay 1500 separately and get new box with new customer id which is how you got it. And there are other members who have given 1500 and kept box active for an year but when they wanted to return the box or downgrade the plan, airtel has refused to pay the deposit back to them.

Hence keeping your devotion to airtel aside, for others there is no harm is calling a spade a spade.

The same is also mentioned in Tata Play box covers. Generally, DTH companies make the STBs as their property even if you have paid any security deposit or STB purchase charges.
Yes, that's true for all DTH operators. STBs are sold under two schemes primarily- Rental and outright purchase. By default they give it under rental scheme, outright purchase is rare but can be opted for while booking connection, it costs significantly higher than rental scheme.

Coming to the topic of thread, yes operators have every right to recover equipment under rental scheme but we don't really see that happening often because of several reasons like It tarnishes their reputation it eyes of customer, makes it very difficult for customer to return if they change their mind in future, expenses also incur for the pick up, etc.

Yes dino29. I am sure they don't have information on customers who took rental and others who paid for security deposit.
The entire drama of recovery of deactivated STBs is aimed at harassing customers to do recharge. Till now, I have not seen any member reporting that airtel team came to take the box.
Regarding the conditions which you told, the box was active for more than 3 years continuously. It is just after 3 years that I went to hometown for 2 months and activated safe custody. After the safe custody got expired, they started deducting DBR charges from balance and when it got over, they are sending reminder messages for recovery of box.
Coming to taking new connection, that doesn't justify having paid for box in entirety and still getting messages for box recovery. Maybe for you 4000 rupees is meagre amount but not for everyone.
Forget security deposit, when I enquired about Airtel Black, they told that they can't add my existing xtreme in black plan and they told I need to pay 1500 separately and get new box with new customer id which is how you got it. And there are other members who have given 1500 and kept box active for an year but when they wanted to return the box or downgrade the plan, airtel has refused to pay the deposit back to them.

Hence keeping your devotion to airtel aside, for others there is no harm is calling a spade a spade.
If you have some proof like detailed bill then you should raise a complaint on National Consumer Helpline. You will at least get proper information about what they exactly charged you for.

Once I worked in reliance big tv ISP at that time we had picked as many as deactivated big tv stbs. I remember we also had taken many OD units too 😆

Buddy, firstly please discuss upon things related to topic of discussion and not make baseless allegations which serve no purpose , i am referring to the last para in ur above post.

Firstly Airtel has all the information about its customers so no point just discarding the same again n again. Secondly u may have had a bad experience and as @Abhinav da also mentioned please escalate the issue with relevant proof to nodal officers appointed by Airtel or even to consumer court if u do not get resolution from airtel. There is no point of completely blaming the company and making generalised statements just bcoz of u faced an issue (that too we cannot confirm unless u share proof of the same as words do not validate the claims made any any individual).

Lastly @Abhinav da has already very nicely explained that operators have rights to recover equipment if customer is not using the same.....almost all the new connections r sold under rental schemes as upright purchase costs almost 2.5 to 3 times of the rental scheme cost so please stop blaming Airtel Digital TV or any operator if they demand STB to be returned if u r not using the same at any point of time, when u bought the connection u signed on the Subscriber Agreement Form which clearly specify this clause.

For Airtel Black queries they have a dedicated team, get intouch with them....also to merge ur existing connection and opt for a new Airtel Black Plan u do not need to contact Airtel as on airtel app itself same can be done

Received this after days of their earlier failed attempt.
Isn't Airtel too arrogant here?
Now I will neither give box not Recharge it anytime👍

"Dear Customer, Your Airtel DTH SI ID has been suspended & we will be more than happy in arranging a doorstep pick up of your DTH box shortly.

Please click on the below button to confirm if you are residing at the same address where the device was initially installed to initiate box recovery."

I received same today
Urgent update: DTH Recovery Reminder Your Airtel DTH recharge is pending since 2024-06-22 Your DTH box will be recovered shortly. To avoid this, Recharge now with Rs. 300 or above

Back
Top Bottom