Sad News Airtel DTH team sending reminder messages for recovery of suspended STB

• Thread starter Thread starter Vicky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 37
  • Views Views: Views 2,989
I feel that in current scenario all DTH / Cable Operators r in financial crunch and finding out ways to reduce losses by cost cutting.....In last few years Airtel Digital TV though has still performed lot lot better than its competitors in DTH Segment but still they would too be looking for ways to save money , i think recovering boxes of suspended DTH Accounts is a good thing but they should increase the time gap wherein this should be made applicable 6 months + suspended accounts, recovering boxes pf DTH Accounts which r in suspended state just for few weeks or months is not the correct strategy rather it adds more issues for the company

While as most people buy new DTH connection under rental option as llcane be seen on Subscription Agreement Form given to customer and same information related to pricing is listed on DTH company website too so legally Airtel is not doing anything wrong but just seeing from a regular viewpoint telling customers to give back boxes within few weeks of account remaining in suspended state does not create a good impression but rather creates adverse impact in relationship between company and customer. ..Airtel Digital TV team should make changes in this policy.

Good thing is that Airtel Digital TV and even Airtel XStream Fibre + Mobile have maintained quality of service and product despite the challenges unlike say Tata Play which has stopped providing Dolby Audio support on their HD boxes to save money and increased pack prices to reduce losses which is again not the correct strategy to retain customers or expand customer base

I feel that in current scenario all DTH / Cable Operators r in financial crunch and finding out ways to reduce losses by cost cutting.....In last few years Airtel Digital TV though has still performed lot lot better than its competitors in DTH Segment but still they would too be looking for ways to save money , i think recovering boxes of suspended DTH Accounts is a good thing but they should increase the time gap wherein this should be made applicable 6 months + suspended accounts, recovering boxes pf DTH Accounts which r in suspended state just for few weeks or months is not the correct strategy rather it adds more issues for the company

While as most people buy new DTH connection under rental option as llcane be seen on Subscription Agreement Form given to customer and same information related to pricing is listed on DTH company website too so legally Airtel is not doing anything wrong but just seeing from a regular viewpoint telling customers to give back boxes within few weeks of account remaining in suspended state does not create a good impression but rather creates adverse impact in relationship between company and customer. ..Airtel Digital TV team should make changes in this policy.

Good thing is that Airtel Digital TV and even Airtel XStream Fibre + Mobile have maintained quality of service and product despite the challenges unlike say Tata Play which has stopped providing Dolby Audio support on their HD boxes to save money and increased pack prices to reduce losses which is again not the correct strategy to retain customers or expand customer base
Recovering box is good thing in your pov, but who will give them box?
This is India. Here, once the goods come inside the house, they never go out without getting completely spoiled. 😁
Aayega bhi hamare marzi se aur jayega bhi 🤣🤣
T: Will come and go as per our wish

This is India. Here, once the goods come inside the house, they never go out without getting completely spoiled. 😁

Bro, If one purposely destroys or damages an equipment so as to not give it back to company then that is being a irresponsible customer.

Companies use such old boxes by repairing them (if required) and give it as replacement boxes to customers once their box develops a fault so by recovering unused boxes company saves money by not buying such boxes from vendors

I think Upton returning STB we will get refund (partially).Better to opt for return if not using.
I don't think that's the case because you have paid only the discounted rental price

That's one way to think and not totally wrong from a simple customer's point of view. See the customer did pay a lower rental amount but they also kept the connection active for a few years which would have off set any loss taken by the company. So if you somehow 'lost' the box even the company knows it won't be worth pursuing it.

I was using Airtel xstream Android box earlier since last year I have stopped recharging it and now I am receiving calls from Airtel that you need to return the STB is it true?? Coz the local person hear says you can keep idle and recharge whenever you want, and if I return is it possible to get any amount back??
Dose Airtel can take any legal action on me ??

Action - No, Company takes legal action bhai. You can freely move from this DTH to that DTH. No one asking why ? You have rights to choose what you want.

Back
Top Bottom