Discussion All Insat 4A C Band Channels Shifted to Insat 4B at 83* east.

• Thread starter Deep.S
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 46
  • Views: Views 9,529
It is right info, this website always provides real time tracking and i have used it for last 8 or 10 years. C Band chs have shifted to Insat 4B or other satellites
No... currently All channels is available on Insat 4A @83* east. Except few ones which Shifted to Insat 4B @83* east recently.

No... currently All channels is available on Insat 4A @83* east. Except few ones which Shifted to Insat 4B @83* east recently.

As i said u might think it is Insat 4A as replacement satellite might be having same frequency parameters for transponders. If u track then there is no absolute provision to know which satellite is actually transmitting chs if parameters r same.

As i said u might think it is Insat 4A as replacement satellite might be having same frequency parameters for transponders. If u track then there is no absolute provision to know which satellite is actually transmitting chs if parameters r same.
Ok bro... possiblity is yes but why Viacom 18 & Network 18 even CTVN Group Channels frequency & parameters is changed to new one after shifting to Insat 4B ? Why not used same parameters and frequency of Insat 4A ?

Ok bro... possiblity is yes but why Viacom 18 & Network 18 even CTVN Group Channels frequency & parameters is changed to new one after shifting to Insat 4B ? Why not used same parameters and frequency of Insat 4A ?

I have not checked parameters of Insat 4B, might be it is having different frequencies of C band transponders as compared to Insat 4A so obviously shift will be noticed.

My above statement was in relation to ur comments that why frequency remains same for some broadcasters incase migration has happened. All i wanted to explain was that this is not an unusual thing to happen.

I am of opinion that Broadcasters might get shifted to GSat 10, GSat 31 or other satellites as per arrangements reached based on discussion with concerned stakeholders. Let us wait for official updates

Can Some one tell me what were channels broadcasted in this before
Sun network channels and sundirect also doordarshan channels broadcast via insat 4b @93east... a long time sun network transmit via nss @57 east shifted to insat 4b... unfortunately due to some power failure sun network left from this...and this satelite replaced ...i too don't know they can use insat 4b now...my simple question was then why mib not used insat 4b when all insat 2e channels shifted to intelsat66

Just few moments back i went to ISRO website and checked if there is update related to allocation of bandwidth on GSat 31. Well nothing was found related to this but requests r being invited for booking place on GSat 11 and 19.

Lot of ISRO satellites r lying idle as far as usage of Ka/Ku/C band transponders is concerned. Government should take some steps to facilitate and encourage broadcasters to hop on our own satellites, above all lot of tax payer money has gone into making these and hardwork of scientists is something which cannot be measured

Just few moments back i went to ISRO website and checked if there is update related to allocation of bandwidth on GSat 31. Well nothing was found related to this but requests r being invited for booking place on GSat 11 and 19.

Lot of ISRO satellites r lying idle as far as usage of Ka/Ku/C band transponders is concerned. Government should take some steps to facilitate and encourage broadcasters to hop on our own satellites, above all lot of tax payer money has gone into making these and hardwork of scientists is something which cannot be measured
Not really, AFAIK many of the satellites even in "communication" section are assigned for different purpose like satellite internet, etc. ISRO isn't a id*ot to launch satellites without studying the demand. As with other satellite providers, ISRO must also keep backup transponders in other satellites in case of failure as it happened with INSAT 4B or more recently with Eutelsat satellite.

How it's possible as Currently all channels is running perfectly in Insat 4A & Insat 4B @83* east.
I don't think it's easy to change satellite position within some of days.
All channels are running from 83E position, that's only we can infer bro. Can't say which frequency is used by which Sat, without the broadcaster or Satellite operator is confirming. Yes, it is possible to change the Sat position within a few days.

Channels are Still on Insat 4a only .
No Bro, Insat-A4 was signed off from 83e position on 13th of this month and is currently being moved to a parking slot

Max 2 months required to move a Sat :ok2:
it depends on the propulsion system and the capacity of the thrusters in that Sat. Moving 20 degrees away from 83e position is only a matter of a week for chemical propulsion based thrusters.

It is right info, this website always provides real time tracking and i have used it for last 8 or 10 years.
It is not 'purely real-time tracking bro. That webpage gives the extrapolated data (location) based on the last known TLE values, which need not be always exactly specific. but it will not be wrong. Insat-4A is not in 83e, and it is moving. These 2 things are correct.

C Band chs have shifted to Insat 4B or other satellites
Yes Bro, you are absolutely right. (y)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock