Discussion All Insat 4A C Band Channels Shifted to Insat 4B at 83* east.

• Thread starter Deep.S
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 46
  • Views: Views 9,412
Hi,
The history of Insat 4B on internet says that due to solar panel issue, half of the TPs were shut down so that other 6 each in C and Ku can run normally. Now they put Ku Tps to sleep and all C are turned on.
The concept of TP in satellite and concept of TP on out STB is different .. isn't it?? [DreamDTh is a motivation :) ]. On TP2 of Insat 4B, there are 3 frequencies, on TP5 there are 5 freq.. [as per the fre chart of ins 4B on lyngsat]
[Questions: So the satellite TP is an amplifier for a particular range of frequency?.. Is this why all freq/symRate remained same upon satellite shift??.. That is how there can be "weak" TPs on a satellite - with not so good amplifiers of xyz frequency range/ bandwidth??].

I'm yet to push my dish to 83 again to see if the weak tp's remain weak in new satellite also!.

-Thanks!

Last edited:
Now All Insat 4A C Band Transponders & Channels Shifted to Insat 4B @83* east successfully. But All Transponder Signals reduced and not as good when compared to Insat 4A.

I think the hardware of insat 4A and insat 4B were/are same!
3925 H TP is as weak as earlier!! I expected better :) Huh.. I look out for this TP because it has a kannada channel running in ALL time's license.
Sad sad.

Now All Insat 4A C Band Transponders & Channels Shifted to Insat 4B @83* east successfully. But All Transponder Signals reduced and not as good when compared to Insat 4A.

Now Insat 4A C Band Channels scrolling message that it's shifted to New Satellite (Insat 4B) @83* east.

See "SVBC 2" Channel scroll message:

f749cb5ed5e009bfdd953c3c87385d4f.jpg
87202edfebda2fbcf7ff4e675f6e0737.jpg

for getting insat 4B, need to adjust dish or getting in same setup of 4A ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock