Arasu cable Channel list on 01/01/2014 in Chennai

dinesh6793 said:
I am from poonamallee

Bro..

Where are you in poonamallee..?

I'm residing in kattupakkam nearer to poonamallee.. My LCO adamant on changing to Arasu.. He sticks with SCV..

Dunno what to do..?.:-/:-/

aravindan said:
I'm residing in kattupakkam nearer to poonamallee.. My LCO adamant on changing to Arasu.. He sticks with SCV..

Though we are strongly supporting Arasu for a very long time and wish to have the connection in Chennai, Arasu doesn't seem to be interested in serving the Chennai people any time sooner.

Lets see Arasu's time line,

02 Sep 2011: Arasu Cable Corporation was relaunched in TN.

20 Oct 2012: Arasu Cable TV starts beaming from Chennai.
(When they can cover the entire state of 700+ Kms (North - South TN barring Chennai) within a few weeks time, its still a mystery why it took so long to even reach Chennai).

26 Jan 2014: People in Chennai are still left to search for Arasu even after 28 Months (2 years and 4 months) of inauguration in TN and 14 months of inauguration in Chennai And we still don't know if Chennai is even there on the Arasu's Map.

April - May 2014: 16th Lok Sabha Election 2014.

April - May 2016: 15th Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly election 2016.

The more the days are passing and the more Arasu maintains DEAD silence the more i lose confidence and fear that Arasu is just a mirage for Chennai which might never come and this pathetic CAS service may continue for the years to come.

During this Pongal, Arasu started to blank channels which didn't reach the negotiated price. They had provided Chutti tv & Hungama in place of Cartoon network and Pogo. It shows their care on kids viewers..

Now Slowly they have started to provide blanked channels after re-negotiated with those channels..

What I'm trying to convey is, If they are providing this kind of sensible services in TN means, then they should have some strange problem on start of their services in chennai..:huh:huh:huh

aravindan said:
During this Pongal, Arasu started to blank channels which didn't reach the negotiated price. They had provided Chutti tv & Hungama in place of Cartoon network and Pogo. It shows their care on kids viewers..

Now Slowly they have started to provide blanked channels after re-negotiated with those channels..

What I'm trying to convey is, If they are providing this kind of sensible services in TN means, then they should have some strange problem on start of their services in chennai..:huh:huh:huh

I too think the same, otherwise there are not much issues for them to start in Chennai.

Madurai HC branch has recommended TRAI to offer them a DAS license in 2012.

Madras HC has supported them and have given a go for Analogue continuation in Chennai so DAS license shouldn't be an issue.

Chennai people wouldn't object their service with their current list of channels as not more than 10% of the population has STB so Analogue wont be an issue for most of the people when they get what they want and that too at an affordable price.

If they have an issue with the other LCO's or the MSO's and if this is what is really stopping them from entering Chennai then let them just leave others do their business and let Arasu come as an alternative to people with or without their own LCO's without affecting the other players so we can leave the choice to the people and they can choose to join them or just stay back.

So, it is nothing but a huge mystery on why they are hesitating from starting in Chennai.

May be they never wanted to start in Chennai in the first place and we just don't understand that??

Arasu never guaranteed a particular time frame of cable TV service in Chennai while they started in other parts of TN also they never said that they would start before Jan 2013 and again they never guaranteed service by Pongal 2013, 2014, 2015 or 2016 nor after the Loksabha elections 2014... also lets see the only detail related to Chennai available on the Arasu's website,
The TACTV Corporation will provide cable TV services in Digital mode in Chennai Metro Area, as soon as the Digital Addressable System (DAS) License is issued to TACTV.

So does this mean that their analogue service is not applicable to Chennai and that they wont start the service in Chennai unless they are given a DAS license? That too even after the Madras HC gave a favorable comment?

Hope they let us know the real reason and the time of service availability so we can wait for them or move to some other alternative and have access to all the Pay Channels at the earliest.

(People who don't like Arasu may stay away from this discussion as this comment is purely between people who desperately want Arasu's service in Chennai and not aimed at hurting anyone who favors other LCO's or MSO's)

You misunderstood... arasu cable giving intense pressure to LCO, and they expanding SLOWLY from area to area like a govt scheme.. But LCO not willing to join Arasu cable..
LCO wants to satisfy all the people, so there is no other option they are firm on SCV... Because SCV is the only operator telecasting both Analog and Digital Form (JAK is not a Serious Contender) ..

aravindan said:
Bro..

Where are you in poonamallee..?

I think till kattupakam , channels are through scv from porur. Poonamallee is getting arasu cable from thiruvallur. Unless your lco connected to signals from thiruvallur , you will be getting scv channels only. Hope he moves to arasu cable in few months. I think the end is nearer for scv in Chennai. Slowly but steadily.

In my native place, I'm getting Arasu analog for almost 100 channels @ Rs.100..
There, my LCO collects the money every month with cool face & happily..
He is in favour of Arasu and expecting digital services from it..
Probably those rural area LCOs not having any pressure and they are O.K with Rs.100.
I dunno what kind of problems would chennai LCO really face if they join Arasu..?
They are getting same share with SCV analog..

SCV was the first MSO in the nation to start CAS in 2001 and later DAS in chennai city.
That time they sold STBs for Rs.3999 (ST+INSTALLATION COST Extra).
The then IT minister Dayanidhi Maran introduced this system first time in chennai to benefit his bro's company SCV..
Not even a single LCO opposed this costly system on account of public benefit.
People like me was frustrated like anything.
Chennaities didn't have any way rather than buying 3999Rs STB.
Even DTH like Tatasky, Dish tv had arrived one year later.
After that, Even karunanidhi couldn't run a public benefiting ARASU cable in 2008 amidst of MARAN brothers.
Today in 2014, price of same SCV STB at Rs.1350 with ultimate pack @Rs.330(Remind SCV subscribers-"This is a limited period price as mentioned in SCV website. Price may go up in future if Arasu dont come for competition.)
But MSOs in other state,started after SCV offering STBs @ Rs.799

So..Now folks should answer.. Should SCV be stayed or DETHRONED..?:luv

aravindan said:
In my native place, I'm getting Arasu analog for almost 100 channels @ Rs.100..
There, my LCO collects the money every month with cool face & happily..
He is in favour of Arasu and expecting digital services from it..
Probably those rural area LCOs not having any pressure and they are O.K with Rs.100.
I dunno what kind of problems would chennai LCO really face if they join Arasu..?
They are getting same share with SCV analog..

SCV was the first MSO in the nation to start CAS in 2001 and later DAS in chennai city.
That time they sold STBs for Rs.3999 (ST+INSTALLATION COST Extra).
The then IT minister Dayanidhi Maran introduced this system first time in chennai to benefit his bro's company SCV..
Not even a single LCO opposed this costly system on account of public benefit.
People like me was frustrated like anything.
Chennaities didn't have any way rather than buying 3999Rs STB.
Even DTH like Tatasky, Dish tv had arrived one year later.
After that, Even karunanidhi couldn't run a public benefiting ARASU cable in 2008 amidst of MARAN brothers.
Today in 2014, price of same SCV STB at Rs.1350 with ultimate pack @Rs.330(Remind SCV subscribers-"This is a limited period price as mentioned in SCV website. Price may go up in future if Arasu dont come for competition.)
But MSOs in other state,started after SCV offering STBs @ Rs.799

So..Now folks should answer.. Should SCV be stayed or DETHRONED..?:luv

No one want SCV..
scv should be Dethroned, But cable operator have no other option.....

if arasu cable gets das license, every operator switch it in overnight...

ANother thing is you cant get stb below 1000rs from manufacturer, they giving it because of competition

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock