Arasu cable Channel list on 01/01/2014 in Chennai

The million dollar question is when will arasu come ? I was in kilpauk garden around 13 years ago. I dont remember the operator name, There was a MSO who was the first in chennai to give 100 channels at that time in analog. ever since the advent of SCV he was thrown out indeed all of his business was pulled out with pure political pressure. Indeed at that time the cable quality was not clear in most of the places we could see a ghost image of other channels. but i was getting excellent signal with no picture disturbances. Indeed at that time we did not have so much indian channels, he used to give some french,english, arabic, russian,indonesian,chinese .. whatever had a indian footprint and receivable from chennai with huge dishes will be there on my cable and his quality of service was excellent.it indeed made me to upgrade my TV tuner to S band the first to receive all the channels given by him. but now, after so many years i see many still crib of signal quality on cable and DAS is still not complete in chennai. I still doubt if this situation will change or not as there is no clear picture of any positive development happening here.

in 2003, Many people have only 12 Channel band b/w and color tv.. so SCV dethroned hathway by cutting cables using political power to get prime band but people protested to get hathway because they offered all the foriegn channels.. So CAS is introduced by maran Family.. if people protest, SCV says its central government order and asked to buy STB for 6000 RS to get pay channels and so our people cant afford it and turned silent :'(

in 2007, there channel gone above 12( now its 30).. So to gain TRP sun family gave FREE TV..

These 2 Schemes purely for the benefit of sun network.....

in 2008 hathway again came after maran-karuna family dispute, Hathway had issued over 50,000 free set-top boxes (STBs) worth over Rs 50 crore again they dethroned by cutting cables after maran-karuna family issue solved,,
They cant be no1 without these fradulent activity...

And the joke is that once sun network channel goes above 60 they may even give Free STB :)

JoblessEngineer said:
in 2003, Many people have only 12 Channel band b/w and color tv.. so SCV dethroned hathway by cutting cables using political power to get prime band but people protested to get hathway because they offered all the foriegn channels.. So CAS is introduced by maran Family.. if people protest, SCV says its central government order and asked to buy STB for 6000 RS to get pay channels and so our people cant afford it and turned silent :'(

in 2007, there channel gone above 12( now its 30).. So to gain TRP sun family gave FREE TV..

These 2 Schemes purely for the benefit of sun network.....

in 2008 hathway again came after maran-karuna family dispute, Hathway had issued over 50,000 free set-top boxes (STBs) worth over Rs 50 crore again they dethroned by cutting cables after maran-karuna family issue solved,,
They cant be no1 without these fradulent activity...

And the joke is that once sun network channel goes above 60 they may even give Free STB :)

If again TRAI favors SCV then DAS would easily become another Analogue by doing a steep hike in non-sun channels packages (something around Rs250) and still maintain dominance like what happened n CAS.

This is the only reason why i didn't get their STB as i would switch to some DTH if things get worse and i will settle with fewer but preferred channels and still bring the cost down via DTH instead of paying for their STB and then getting cheated every now and then.

Hope we all remember how the Gold package that cost Rs 185 was removed all of a sudden and the English movie and news were taken to Rs 215 package and 41 Tamil channels reduced to 37. Now even if i pick MP pack i still wont get CNBC.

fwHKHzy.jpg

HOUSE-MD said:
If again TRAI favors SCV then DAS would easily become another Analogue by doing a steep hike in non-sun channels packages (something around Rs250) and still maintain dominance like what happened n CAS.

This is the only reason why i didn't get their STB as i would switch to some DTH if things get worse and i will settle with fewer but preferred channels and still bring the cost down via DTH instead of paying for their STB and then getting cheated every now and then.

Hope we all remember how the Gold package that cost Rs 185 was removed all of a sudden and the English movie and news were taken to Rs 215 package and 41 Tamil channels reduced to 37. Now even if i pick MP pack i still wont get CNBC.

fwHKHzy.jpg
185 pack does not include any of the discovery network channels. thats the reason i never choosed it. Even my favorite pix was not there . Im not saying what SCV is doing is right, since we have no choice we have to choose the one what we have. Gold pack i get all the channels i want.

I have a question to all of the people who are still on analogue. What will you all do the day SCV stops analogue? and continue with the existing DAS and their package.( House MD can you answer here? its not that i want to pull you down or somthing..just wanted to know what is your plan as i see you are eagerly waiting for arasu to come ,which only GOD knows). The reason for me buying STB is i cannot live without business channels like cnbc and bloomberg and movie channels like pix. And off late im addicted to discovery science.

Satvijay said:
House MD can you answer here? its not that i want to pull you down or somthing..just wanted to know what is your plan as i see you are eagerly waiting for arasu to come ,which only GOD knows.

My post already has the answer for this.

HOUSE-MD said:
I would switch to some DTH if things get worse and i will settle with fewer but preferred channels and still bring the cost down via DTH instead of paying for their STB and then getting cheated every now and then.

Again If SCV removes analogue and Arasu fails to help as usual then here is exactly what i would do.

Live TV's from bloomberg, CNN, BBC and MSNBC for Eng news and Puthiya Thalaimurai for Tamil news. Here my news list is complete (90% of my TV time goes for news).

Eng movies wont be an issue.

Tamil serials are all available free on-line (Everyone living abroad still watches this way for free at-least for last 10+ years).

What more would i need. :huh :huh

HOUSE-MD said:
My post already has the answer for this.

Again If SCV removes analogue and Arasu fails to help as usual then here is exactly what i would do.

Live TV's from bloomberg, CNN, BBC and MSNBC for Eng news and Puthiya Thalaimurai for Tamil news. Here my news list is complete (90% of my TV time goes for news).

Eng movies wont be an issue.

Tamil serials are all available free on-line (Everyone living abroad still watches this way for free at-least for last 10+ years).

What more would i need. :huh :huh

watching TV live online does not work good in india :hello ( may be you can watch tv online with your office connection and not with your self paid connection), we do not have sufficient bandwidth and moreover even if we have we do not have unlimited download option as in USA. Here internet is expensive when compared to USA we do not have high bandwidth unlimited connection at a cheaper rate. When i was in USA i had a 10Mbps for 20$/month which was 7 yrs ago, it would have been cheaper now. you mean to say you are ready to pay for internet connection and not ready to switch to DTH!!!!!.

Satvijay said:
watching TV live online does not work good in india :hello ( may be you can watch tv online with your office connection and not with your self paid connection), we do not have sufficient bandwidth and moreover even if we have we do not have unlimited download option as in USA. Here internet is expensive when compared to USA we do not have high bandwidth unlimited connection at a cheaper rate. When i was in USA i had a 10Mbps for 20$/month which was 7 yrs ago, it would have been cheaper now. you mean to say you are ready to pay for internet connection and not ready to switch to DTH!!!!!.

My personal consumption would be much less and i have already replied the second part twice. :)

HOUSE-MD said:
I would switch to some DTH if things get worse and i will settle with fewer but preferred channels and still bring the cost down via DTH instead of paying for their STB and then getting cheated every now and then.

If SCV local cable comes with Rs 215 package then i can always find something around Rs 250 - 300 pm via DTH with fewer selected channels (Base + A-La-Carte 2 news, 2 Sports & 2 Movies) as explained above and live happily thereafter.

But will wait for Arasu for some more time.

For me Rs 250 - 300 is already more than enough for fewer hours of TV watching.

I stay in ullagaram near madipakkam, is there any service provider for arasu cable here? I paid rs1300 for stb scv, they charge me 180/pm for scv tamil pack. The pack costs only rs150, they say for activation they take 30 extra. I am not getting PT, Sony six....it is utter waste. Kindly help me to get arasu.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock