arasu cable set top box cost?

Tamil Nadu Arasu Cable TV Corporation Ltd has started distribution of Set Top Boxes to the Local Cable Operators of Chennai Metro Area.

The Local Cable Operators of Chennai Metro Area who have already paid Rs.500/- as advance are requested to pay additional amount of Rs.1000/- per Set Top Box through HDFC Bank and submit the original remitted challan to the Office of TACTV Corporation and take the delivery of Set Top Boxes from our authorized distribution point.

The LCOs of Chennai Metro Area who have not paid initial advance, can also pay Rs.1500/- per Set Top Box and take delivery of Set Top Boxes.

chermadurai said:
Tamil Nadu Arasu Cable TV Corporation Ltd has started distribution of Set Top Boxes to the Local Cable Operators of Chennai Metro Area.

The Local Cable Operators of Chennai Metro Area who have already paid Rs.500/- as advance are requested to pay additional amount of Rs.1000/- per Set Top Box through HDFC Bank and submit the original remitted challan to the Office of TACTV Corporation and take the delivery of Set Top Boxes from our authorized distribution point.

The LCOs of Chennai Metro Area who have not paid initial advance, can also pay Rs.1500/- per Set Top Box and take delivery of Set Top Boxes.

Till now no word from my LCO. :huh :(

Same here for my LCO.
Last week i went to my LCO , and asked for to buy SCV STB. My LCO again and again told, don't buy STB and i will give what ever channels want in FTA.
And also he assures , he will take back the STB any time (if i purchased), and refund the amount. (will take just 200 rs for depreciation).
Some of them in my Area already have SCV STB and if my LCO moves to TCCL or Arasu, he has to give refund to them.

sathishbabu4u said:
Same here for my LCO.
Last week i went to my LCO , and asked for to buy SCV STB. My LCO again and again told, don't buy STB and i will give what ever channels want in FTA.
And also he assures , he will take back the STB any time (if i purchased), and refund the amount. (will take just 200 rs for depreciation).
Some of them in my Area already have SCV STB and if my LCO moves to TCCL or Arasu, he has to give refund to them.

If he was telling not to buy SCV STB then it means that he will sooner or later will move to Arasu so to avoid issues with STB refund he doesn't want to sell STB's in large quantity.

Let's wait and see what happens on 1st week, if the LCO asks for the same charge for SCV or moves to Arasu. When it comes to cable television in Chennai, waiting for ever has become common and fate for the people.

1st they give set top box how having arasu cable signal . because they need lco in arasu cable.so they updated arasu cable website. lco pay 1500 per stb. get from arasu cable off.

Most LCO's in chennai still stick with SCV , as they fear they will lost rs.100 monthly subscription, if they try newer things.
LCO's getting lot of revenue's from analog signal compare to digital. In analog, they no need to show how many customers they have .
Hence LCO's will prefer SCV than go to arasu and pay 1500rs. for each stb and then they try to distribute it people. Most people prefer DTH ,compare to STBs. They can take DTH any where they want when moving from one place to another and also they will get good quatity pictures. That initial cost only strucks them to prefer cable wala. Once cable wala also forces to buy STB for rs.1500 , most people will prefer DTH only. (now adays am seeing lot of DTHs near by my house ). out of 10 house , 6,7 people prefers DTH.

Yes, true. SCV for time being will not care about how much LCO's give to save their business, but once LCO sticks with SCV then they may also calculate charge per STB.

Unless Arasu offers better packages English Channels and Sports loving Chennai people wont go with Arasu as their package in other cities miss several famous English channels and sports, also if people see poor quality feed then again Arasu will become a failure.

Unless arasu gives poor quality, not all channels offered by other MSO's, raises subscription over Rs 150 people wont go to DTH as DTH cost atleast Rs 300 for all English and sports channels. So its upto Arasu if people will stay or run to DTH and Arasu can only control local cable and if people see poor quality and other issues and run behind DTH then no one can stop them as DTH signals cant be blocked by anyone under any current laws.

Hope Arasu will give all the channels under 150rs. only.
Out of chennai , arasu giving the pay channels within 70rs.only, eventhough lco's collecting rs. 100 , that too looks cheaper.
If it same rate comes to chennai, most people will prefer arasu, if the pic quality is somewhat enough , people will surely arasu cable .

There are 3 types of subscribers,

1: Wants all Tamil channels and sports channel when cricket is there: Wants price to be within Rs 70 and not much issues with quality or channel count - Will stay with Arasu no matter what.

2: Wants most channels of English and sports: wants price to be within Rs 150 - Has issues with DTH price so they may stay with Arasu only if they give watchable quality with most channels.

3: No compromise on channel counts (All English and Sports) and quality: No issues with price and big issues with channel count and quality - Unless Arasu gives best quality and all channels (comparable to TCCL or SCV's Platinum) these people will easily move to DTH.

Sadiq said:
But, whether the will it be cheaper than TCCL? I prefer TCCL or any operator based LCO over Arasu.. After 2015, if government changes, Arasu may be closed :) (as usual)..

Why go for another 3 years? If one LCO receives and finds poor quality and if info spreads across Chennai then nobody would be ready to go DAS and the same situation will prevail. :huh :huh And if the force people with bad quality then most people will choose DTH over local cable as no MSO will be able to do business in this monopolies capital Chennai. :p :p

Hope Arasu goes full DAS with CAS licence and people get the true Digital quality and enough channel presence. :) :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock