Seeking Help Zing set top box setup on DD free dish direction related query

achal12

Reaction score
Hello, I use DD Free dish box, but by seeing ZING FTA posts on youtube and other forums, I brought ZING FTA box @ Rs. 1535. In youtube videos it was shown that by using DD free dish signal direction, we could watch Zing set top box channels too.
My DD free dish signal is 75% but Zing set top box recieves 0 signal. Is the Zing box I received faulty or I have to separately move my antenna in different direction?
I wanted to use same antenna to run DD free dish and Zing set top box so to see different channels on them and compare quality by using signal splitter.

Please check lnb position.
Bhai, I recieve DD free dish signal with 75% quality . In youtube videos they setup Zing box by using DD free dish box 75-80% quality. But my Zing box shows 0 signal intensity 0 signal quality. So, my question is box bad and I must ask for replacement? Or I should use different antenna to seperately run Zing box and DD free dish?
Also, changing just lnb alignment doesn't solve my problem.
Also, is there any way to know that set top box is faulty? I get black screen of software upgrade which shows satellite,frequecy,etc. and start. Signal quality0 signal intensity 0. When I click start, it shows message "Tuner Lock failed".

Last edited:
Bhai, I recieve DD free dish signal with 75% quality . In youtube videos they setup Zing box by using DD free dish box 75-80% quality. But my Zing box shows 0 signal intensity 0 signal quality. So, my question is box bad and I must ask for replacement? Or I should use different antenna to seperately run Zing box and DD free dish?
Also, changing just lnb alignment doesn't solve my problem.
Also, is there any way to know that set top box is faulty? I get black screen of software upgrade which shows satellite,frequecy,etc. and start. Signal quality0 signal intensity 0. When I click start, it shows message "Tuner Lock failed".
Dish tv use two satelite, check which satelite you choose

Last edited by a moderator:
You should choose SES 8 in zing box,and home tp(12688 V) should receive good signal to complete setup...check YouTube videos for installation process.

And As you are using splitter You should change DiseqC to which ever gives the signal.

Last edited:
If you're from north select se8 in zing box
You have to move the dish slightly to left side you'll receive dish tv signal
You can watch youtube videos for detail

@balugudidiot @Akinator69
my signal intensity and signal strength are all 0. So SES8 / DiseqC nothing matters, I have tried all things on youtube, turned dish antenna slightly left, then even my DD free dish signal became 0, so I reset the antenna back.
I had came across some post of year 2011 on this forum, that person received signals of 93.5E, 95E satellites on single LNB and dish antenna size 60cm.
Could this be my LNB/antenna problem? They are pretty much old, should I replace them?
I have already spent too much(as I recently bought MPEG4 box and then this Zing Box - taking youtube advice), so want to spend money judiciously.

my signal intensity and signal strength are all 0. So SES8 / DiseqC nothing matters, I have tried all things on youtube, turned dish antenna slightly left, then even my DD free dish signal became 0, so I reset the antenna back.
I had came across some post of year 2011 on this forum, that person received signals of 93.5E, 95E satellites on single LNB and dish antenna size 60cm.
Could this be my LNB/antenna problem? They are pretty much old, should I replace them?
I have already spent too much(as I recently bought MPEG4 box and then this Zing Box - taking youtube advice), so want to spend money judiciously.
As you're receiving signals on DD free dish LNB and antena are perfectly fine.
You need to adjust antenna and lnb position properly, you'll receive signals.

You are required to call technician of Dish TV to get signal from both 95 and 93.5,they are trained to give perfect orientation of both sattelites in same dish.

As you saying that you have a MPEG-4 set top box. Then edit you satellite settings and insert a new TP 12688 V 27500. And then check signals and do a channel scan, if you getting channels like 'Dish Buzz' then it means no problem in your dish antenna. And even if you have a MPEG-2 box then you should do a Auto scan with 22K on, then if you getting 2 dish tv channels from TP 12688 H 27500. Then your antenna is fine. If you not getting signals then you can also track dish tv signals by this method.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock