Are you happy with new (2019) TRAI based satellite tv plans?

Are you happy with new TRAI based satellite tv plans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
100%, yes. My costs will go up by a lot, but what TRAI has done was what I have wanted for over 6 years now. I can choose any channel I want, like single HD channels in Kannada or any English channel or whatever I want without getting scammed by the cable or DTH provider to go into the next higher pack or charging insane amounts for HD. If people are really street smart and subscribe to only what they want (like only 2-3 major pay channels and not bouquets)., then I can bet you that in 2-3 months, the price per channel will be back to what they actually were previously. People must boycott Star, Sun and Zee channels until they reduce their overpriced channels. If even 60-65% of people choose their packs, they won't reduce the costs.

100%, yes. My costs will go up by a lot, but what TRAI has done was what I have wanted for over 6 years now. I can choose any channel I want, like single HD channels in Kannada or any English channel or whatever I want without getting scammed by the cable or DTH provider to go into the next higher pack or charging insane amounts for HD. If people are really street smart and subscribe to only what they want (like only 2-3 major pay channels and not bouquets)., then I can bet you that in 2-3 months, the price per channel will be back to what they actually were previously. People must boycott Star, Sun and Zee channels until they reduce their overpriced channels. If even 60-65% of people choose their packs, they won't reduce the costs.
Yeah rule is good only if they make 15% cap otherwise it totally defeats the purpose of this new tariff regime.

Already people are not happy with this rules. Most of the people in town and villages don’t even understand how to select these plans and in the end broadcasters and mso getting benefitted from this. Atleast government must have gave the choice between old plans and new rules without making this rule mandatory, then they would have known the popularity of old tariff regime.

Yeah rule is good only if they make 15% cap otherwise it totally defeats the purpose of this new tariff regime.
I agree, but Madras HC ruled in favour of the channel owners. Anyway TRAI's rule will also be good in 2 months if people don't rush out to buy all the channels and bouquets in the next 3-4 weeks. When market share falls, these channel owners ad revenues will go down the drain and they will be forced to lower prices to previous levels or even lower by market forces itself.

I agree, but Madras HC ruled in favour of the channel owners. Anyway TRAI's rule will also be good in 2 months if people don't rush out to buy all the channels and bouquets in the next 3-4 weeks. When market share falls, these channel owners ad revenues will go down the drain and they will be forced to lower prices to previous levels or even lower by market forces itself.
Madras high court objection to 85:100 rule is struck down by supreme court. It's upto TRAI now to implement it or not.
As of now they are not implementing it.
Refer to TRAI FAQ as follows:
13. Whether there is a capping on discount while forming the bouquets?
Tariff Order puts a cap of 15 % meaning thereby any bouquet price cannot be less than 85% of the sum of a a-la-carte rates of pay channels constituting that bouquet. However, Hon’ble High Court of Madras has struck down this clause for the bouquets being made by the broadcasters stating that the clause putting cap of 15% of discount on the MRP of a bouquet is not enforceable. In this regard the Authority has approached Hon’ble Supreme Court which has not agreed to. As such, at present, the 15% cap is not being implemented for the bouquets being made by the broadcasters.

last time i was not happy with this rule, but now i am very much satisfied with this rule..
now i can pay monthly Rs: 4000... thank you airtel, Trai , Honourable SC...

111111111.png

[N.B.: i am Bengali, but airtel made this pack for me]

Last edited:
last time i was not happy with this rule, but now i am very much satisfied with this rule..
now i can pay monthly Rs: 4K... thank you airtel, Trai , Honourable SC...

111111111.png

Tweet this to Airtel_Presence and TRAI.

now i can pay monthly Rs: 4K... thank you airtel, Trai , Honourable SC...

111111111.png

I don't understand the 4K per month....last time means? Now TRAI implement this rule.

I don't understand the 4K per month....last time means? Now TRAI implement this rule.
He is being sarcastic. His charges per month in the new regime are somehow 3927.58 rupees which is almost 4K. It must be a bug from Airtel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock