Discussion Audio issues on XStream Smart box [SOLVED]

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 436
  • Views: Views 118,399
Yes I will keep requesting them on both twitter & will also send them an email requesting them to fix the audio issue...And yes, true DD & upscaled one will always have too much difference in them...The upscaled one will be louder & will definitely fill the room as the audio will come from most of the speakers except the center but the audio quality will not even be 30% of the true DD sound from the same contents...I'm myself experiencing the difference in quality right now...Maybe I will go back to the auto mode again... :(

Last edited:
That is the reason why I am not yet biting the bullet even though it is now available in my city. Waiting for the software update if at all these issues get sorted out with that.

I strongly suggest to those who have not gone for XStream Box to stay away. It is a hurriedly lunched product.

Airtel not able to address the problem even after a lapse of almost a month shows competence of its technical team. The recording facility has not yet started. I have de-subscribed many DTH Channels as I am not able to watch them in absence of rescheduling facility through recording. Airtel is losing subscription yet not addressing the issue.

I strongly suggest to those who have not gone for XStream Box to stay away. It is a hurriedly lunched product.

Airtel not able to address the problem even after a lapse of almost a month shows competence of its technical team. The recording facility has not yet started. I have de-subscribed many DTH Channels as I am not able to watch them in absence of rescheduling facility through recording. Airtel is losing subscription yet not addressing the issue.
Hope you have raised it on Twitter and following up. I will be very happy, if the Dolby issue on Amazon prime is fixed first.

Its not Xstream smart box , its Xtream issue box... Soo many issues

Issue is from amazon side or airtel?
Both are blaming each other. Amazon says since it's a system app, they can't do much as they can't even take logs from the app settings. Airtel asks to contact Amazon.

Latest Status:

Amazon registered a complaint on this issue day before yesterday. The rep tried on call troubleshooting to no avail. Then she registered an escalation complaint to the tech team. Resolution time is 24-48 hours. She was supposed to call me last night, but I didn't receive any call. I'll wait till tonight and reply the email which she sent after escalating.

On the other hand, Airtel team keeps saying their backend team is working on this. Not sure if they really are, and how much time they would need.

Issue is not moving on Airtel's side. They just don't want to acknowledge it.

Only hope left is with Amazon. May be they will at least fix the issue with Prime.

The other issue with muted audio on non Dolby channels most probably won't be fixed.

Update: I got a message as below. Fingers crossed!

Software will be upgraded soon to fix these issues.
There is no official announcement yet

Again audio problem in my internet box.only stereo audio coming from amazon and sunnxt for today.i don't know this problem for airtel side or streaming side.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock