Balance 16 HD channels on d2h not coming soon

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
Bro, they hv clearly mentioned, will add only customer demanded channels..
How come Naaptol HD fallen into this category.....

& TV HD and Animal Planet HD should hv added months ago if customer demand is their decision making criteria :dodgy

These types of replies are copy paste and the reason is maintaining some basic company rules. The channel addition is 100% confirmed only after the total process is completed and channel is available in STB for customers. Any official confirmation earlier will create problems. Hope you understand. :) :)

ayanc99 said:
So the moot question is they will add channels on this basis -

1. First sd channels where they get carriage fees
2. HD channels where they get carriage fees like shopping channels
3. New HD channels like colors infinity etc for which they get discount etc from the broadcaster for initial period
4. HD channels which are demanded by many customers.

Another way, DTH companies add sd/HD channel based on almost equal importance on price and customer demand, for both carriage fee and paid channels.

It's a negotiating process to make a deal

Further band width availability is also a factor.

D2H have tons of space to add all pending hd chnls.Then why they are not interested in adding new ones.I think the awards like pay tv service of the year made them blind

D2H is the only Indian dth using 54mhz tps and S2 compression.They can add a minimum 60 sd channels or 18HD channels per tp.but still crying about bandwidth problem its like putting dust in the eyes of coustumers

Jerome.J said:
These types of replies are copy paste and the reason is maintaining some basic company rules. The channel addition is 100% confirmed only after the total process is completed and channel is available in STB for customers. Any official confirmation earlier will create problems. Hope you understand. :) :)

I have written confirmation from Natgeo and discovery that deal already done for 4 HD channels but d2h is not able to add them. Question is why??

@ayan bro: You have taken many steps to get info about HD channels. Though there were emails from Higher officials, the final reply is from CustomerCare. So, I don't know how to take their reply.

The reason is, I too got the same reply last year.

Pe69BlV.png

OHMspX9.png

I got the reply on 30-Aug-2014.

Sony PIX HD - Added on the next day 01-Sep-14
Nat Geo People HD - Not added
& pictures HD - Added on the next day 01-Sep-14
TLC HD - Added on 13-Jun-15
Animal Planet HD - Not added
M TV Indies HD - Added on 07-May-15

Though some channels are going to be added on the next day, they were not able to confirm the additions.

That's why I said that Himanshu who heads content didn't want to give a timeline for the addition. He forwarded it to cc who gave their standard reply.

If you see my entire mail sequence, then you would notice that for activation of active services on 4K set top box Anup gave a timeline of Jan 2016 which is specific.

In case of HD channels addition it is an ongoing process so they don't want to commit by giving specific dates.

Yes I accept Sadiq bro. point

Customercare team keep on chnating " we dont have any update & we will let u know when update comes."

Even for the escalation mails also they have copy pasted the same matter.

I questioned about the price change..they replied "we are working on your feedback,we will notify you when the channel is available on platform"

To be frank,DDF members have more info when compare with them.

Godman Bro @ Am I right...???

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock