Discussion BARC Ratings | Week 35 (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindi is similar to Marathi not Marathi is similar to Hindi. Marathi language is thousands of years old whereas Hindi just 100 years old.
Marathi uses devanangari script which Hindi and other North language took to avoid arbi script.
Hindi uses Marathi script and Hindi is similar to Marathi because in Marathi there are Sanskrit words.
Plus now many Marathi people are against Hindi imposition hope Hindi gets removed from Maharashtra and other non Hindi states.
Dont want political marathi vs hindi debate in this thread what i said is marathi people understands hindi nd watches hindi gecs as well due to similarity in both languages as hindi is not foreign language to marathi people unlike south states

Dont want political marathi vs hindi debate in this thread what i said is marathi people understands hindi nd watches hindi gecs as well due to similarity in both languages as hindi is not foreign language to marathi people unlike south states
I accept that Marathi people understand and watch hindi gec but mostly all of them don't watch only Hindi some watch only Marathi and some watch Both Marathi and Hindi in Maharashtra.
Marathi people living in Foreign also watches Marathi as it connects them well then Hindi.

Earlier people used to watch more hindi but People nowadays prefer more regional content then hindi as it connects them well.

I accept that Marathi people understand and watch hindi gec but mostly all of them don't watch only Hindi some watch only Marathi and some watch Both Marathi and Hindi in Maharashtra.
Marathi people living in Foreign also watches Marathi as it connects them well then Hindi.
Yes and if marathi people will watch only marathi channel then our channels will beat sun tv nd hindi gecs viewership will fall sharply as our state size is much bigger than south states

Earlier people used to watch more hindi but People nowadays prefer more regional content then hindi as it connects them well.
Yes thats why their viewrship fall very sharply over yrs now even north states also have their own regional channels

Yes and if marathi people will watch only marathi channel then our channels will beat sun tv nd hindi gecs viewership will fall sharply as our state size is much bigger than south states
When Tula Pahate Re was on Air Zee Marathi was getting impressions more than 400k I remember.
I want Marathi people to watch More Marathi daily soaps and shows so that there will be more good channels and shows.
Even in Nipani in Karnataka my relatives was only Marathi channels they say that Hindi doesn't connect them well , Hindi channels have gujrati, Hindi people and that language also is new as they speak both Marathi and kannada Hindi is new for them, which they don't speak so they don't watch.

When Tula Pahate Re was on Air Zee Marathi was getting impressions more than 400k I remember.
I want Marathi people to watch More Marathi daily soaps and shows so that there will be more good channels and shows.
Even in Nipani in Karnataka my relatives was only Marathi channels they say that Hindi doesn't connect them well , Hindi channels have gujrati, Hindi people and that language also is new as they speak both Marathi and kannada Hindi is new for them, which they don't speak so they don't watch.
Just look at telugu market nd tamil market their top 5 channels impressions most of channels are above 350k nd here no.1 channel struggles to get 300k because south people watches only their regional channels.....during that time ZM achieved 400k mark because other 4 channels from top struggle to get evn 150k but now star pravah is giving tough fight thats why viewership is divided between ZM nd SP but i want all top 5 channels should get above 300k impressions like south states considering MH population

Just look at telugu market nd tamil market their top 5 channels impressions most of channels are above 350k nd here no.1 channel struggles to get 300k because south people watches only their regional channels.....during that time ZM achieved 400k mark because other 4 channels from top struggle to get evn 150k but now star pravah is giving tough fight thats why viewership is divided between ZM nd SP but i want all top 5 channels should get above 300k impressions like south states considering MH population.
If Marathi people watch more Marathi serials shows and movies new channels and shows will surely come in Marathi and Marathi channels will also get good impressions like Telugu and tamil.
The thing is that Hindi people want that Marathi people should watch both Marathi and Hindi they don't let us watch only Marathi that's why they lack good content.

Since 2017 Star Pravah is not showing any movies either. When Star Pravah HD launched in May 2016 it was showing the WTP of Daagdi Chaawl which was later dubbed into Hindi on Star Gold. Another well-promoted WTP on the channel was YZ.

Zee Talkies has the lion's share of the movies followed by Shemaroo Marathibana with Fakt Marathi and Maiboli having a small number. This is not a good sign. Star and Sony-Viacom18 need to launch a Marathi movie channel soon (though Colors Marathi Cinema is testing, Star has no plans). This is especially important since Marathi is one of the last few languages not to be affected by the onslaught of South dubbed movies, which have taken over Jalsha Movies and Zee Bangla Cinema in West Bengal.
Shree Venkatesh Films may live in their daydream that Bengalis would love Bengali dubbed Tamil/Telugu movies on Jalsha Movies SD/HD, but fact is most of the people in Bengali arena better prefer Hindi dubbed. This has resulted in lukewarm response to Bengali dubbed "DJ" and likewise movies on Jalsha Movies a few time ago. Bengali dubbed South movies has been a failure, considering the fact that Sun Bangla also tried with Bangla dubbed "Enthiran", which failed to gain satisfactory TVR.
So, Bengali dubbed movies have no future, unlike Hindi dubbed South movies.

Furthermore, I like Zee's enthusiasm to enter regional market and produce regional content, unlike Star. Zee Gujarati suffered financial losses and was shutdown, still Zee has ventured to Punjabi, Odia and Urdu markets. Even I have no hope that Star India will ever venture into these markets, leave alone Assamese and minority language markets. 😐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock