BARC Ratings Week 45 (2020)

Mohor and Sanjher Baati remakes are up next.
Personally, I feel dubbing shows is better, with originals being shown, and remakes only made when a brilliant or different concept is made. Just like we have Mahabharat, Siya Ke Ram, Nazar, RadhaKrishna of Star Plus/Bharat being dubbed and aired on Star Jalsha, Vijay, Maa, Suvarna, Asianet and/or Pravah, and Dr B.R. Ambedhkar, Paramavatar ShreeKrishna, Kumkum Bhagya, Kundali Bhagya of Zee TV/&TV beig dubbed and aired on Zee Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Keralam, and Naagin and others of Colors likewise in regionals. That ensures original content being more emphasised upon.

Also SNS 2 is flop (1.4 this week). So Ke apon ke por didnt work in Hindi unlike Marathi.
I am glad it flopped, cause both channel and producers were like, even if we show anything in the name of a hit 1st season, and remake of hit show, audience will gulp it down. And you see just 1 episode of the 1st season, and then this new 2nd season, you will see that the first season was made carefully, with so good cast, script, cinematography. And then here, they took success for granted. Let them face reality. I know I am harsh in my words, but let that be. You see this week Sun TV regained its 1st position in Across Genre GECs.

I am glad it flopped, cause both channel and producers were like, even if we show anything in the name of a hit 1st season, and remake of hit show, audience will gulp it down. And you see just 1 episode of the 1st season, and then this new 2nd season, you will see that the first season was made carefully, with so good cast, script, cinematography. And then here, they took success for granted. Let them face reality. I know I am harsh in my words, but let that be. You see this week Sun TV regained its 1st position in Across Genre GECs.
Even if they put SNS 1 at 9PM instead of SNS 2, it will grab way more TRPs and may even beat Kumkum Bhagya. Ratings wise (not content wise) SNS 1 was the best show of Star Plus.

Some spin-offs/revivals like YRHPK (though it went off-air last month) have been a bumper hit for Star Plus, but others like Sanjeevani did not last long. It is clear that SNS 2 is dead on arrival. Not everything that Star Plus touches has to turn into gold.

Some spin-offs/revivals like YRHPK (though it went off-air last month) have been a bumper hit for Star Plus, but others like Sanjeevani did not last long. It is clear that SNS 2 is dead on arrival. Not everything that Star Plus touches has to turn into gold.
Sanjeevani was never meant to be hit as it caters to youth audience whereas star plus core auduence is middle aged housewives
But agree with you many spinoff/season2 not worked on star plus like season1 or original show

Sony Pix's Hard work Finally Pays off!
They finally become the number 1 English movie Channel of The week by the Narrowest of Margins.
On the other hand really hoping that atleast now cartoon network do something special to get good ratings back for their channel . They need to understand that instead of airing Oggy and the cock roaches all day if they try to give thier 100%by bringing some new along with old revived shows then they can surely improve and probably surpass others as well.

Image-1605898870.jpg

The mentioned GRPs in the figure are avg of last 8 weeks

Sony Pix's Hard work Finally Pays off!
They finally become the number 1 English movie Channel of The week by the Narrowest of Margins.
On the other hand really hoping that atleast now cartoon network do something special to get good ratings back for their channel . They need to understand that instead of airing Oggy and the cock roaches all day if they try to give thier 100%by bringing some new along with old revived shows then they can surely improve and probably surpass others as well.
CN actually brought an old show back last week, but there is a twist and to understand it you have to watch and hear it by own on TV.
PS - It is Tom and Jerry (But with a twist :LOL:)

StarPlus Has Shrink To Number #2 across Pay Platform but has managed to continue their Dominance in Hindi GEC. Star Ustav has been in #1st Place Across All Platforms. This Week 4/5 Star Channels are In Top Spot Across All Platforms. Maa,Asianet,Jalsha,Pravah continue to dominate in their key markets. Star has lost #1 Spot To Rival in English Movie Section (It was bound to happen as they were continuously repeating Disney,Pixar & Marvel Movies, they need to start airing new titles to retain in the race) StarGold is on Top but again in Hindi Movies Section it's really hard to break sony dominance which zee & star need to pay attention. Disney International & StarWorld has also shrink to 5th & 3rd Position respectively. Both the channels needs proper scheduling. Coming to Star Suvarna! They really need to pay attention in this low performing channel, StarBharat needs to shut the shop.

The best of spin-offs for StarPlus is definitely Yeh Hai Chahatein (from Yeh Hai Mohabatein), which replaced it's former show last year in the month of December. This week, the show garnered 2.1 TVR, which is outstanding for a 10.30 PM slot show. It has overshadowed Zee TV's Ram Pyaare Sirf Hamaare (0.5 TVR), Colors TV's BB (1.1 TVR) and others. 2.1 TVR is comparable to Kumkum Bhagya, Choti Sardarni, Shakti 2 and GHKKPM which bring such ratings during primetime slot.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock