DDF Exclusive BARC TRP | Week 14

• Thread starter Thread starter abhishek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 29
  • Views Views: Views 4,900
All these numbers are definitely fake or manipulated, Sun cannot be at the top perpetually year after year
Its just because of free govt TV distribution bro. TN has more no. of tvs then other state. Moreover Tamil people mostly watch sun tv only hence becoming sun monopoly. Nowadays star vijay and zeetamil beat ktv and took 2nd and 3rd position. Which is quite a achievement

Its just because of free govt TV distribution bro. TN has more no. of tvs then other state. Moreover Tamil people mostly watch sun tv only hence becoming sun monopoly. Nowadays star vijay and zeetamil beat ktv and took 2nd and 3rd position. Which is quite a achievement

Free distribution is ok but how many household in TN where Sun TV reaches ? Lets say 2 crore considering 6 crore total TN population. So are you saying other ch like Star or Zee or colors or Sony does not reach 2 crore home considering these chs have feed in multiple states ?

Punjab and Himachal also have one of the highest no. of Tv distribution ok , now you will say they watch more Hindi channels
coming to second thing , Hindi has 7 times more native and 8.2x over all speakers than Tamil , even Bangla is spoken by more number of people .
How can Sun Tv beat Hindi channels ?
Set aside the languistic chauvinism
and think logically .

Furthermore , they are dozens of reports about Barc trp meters (BAR-O meters) being tempered especially in south regions
even Telugu 360 have posted video proofs on youtube (later deleted by Youtube on complaint by Barc ) , Tvnews4u had made a report about the same but forced to delete by Barc .

Barc's current methods are totally failed.
We need a more robust viewership measuring system .

Last edited:
Set aside the languistic chauvinism
and think logically .
Linguistic bro!!:p:p
Let me give the facts bro. First let us analyze the overall trp ratings in India:
In the given list of 10 channels 8 channels belong to Hindi,1 each belongs to tamil and telugu genre
The total no. of viewership in Hindi Genre =
(STAR Bharat) 739935 + (Zee Anmol) 712667 +(Sony Pal) 679716 +(STAR Utsav) 612184 +(Sony MAX) 594882 +(Zee TV) 562387 +(STAR Plus) 539231 +(Sony Wah) 516716 = 11,257,718 impressions.
Tamil = 9,94,031 & Telugu = 5,28,125
So here is the conclusion bro Yess Hindi is most widely spoken language in india. But it does have 2 varieties have audiences i.e. Rural and Urban. The rural one prefers to watch FTA channels while the Urban people watches the Pay channels. Moreover there is a stiff competition in between them.
But in the case of Tamil genre we have only one market leader i.e. Sun TV. Here be it rural or urban everyone watches Sun tv. Sun tv is far ahead of its competitor. I believe this is the reason why Sun tv is always the topper of trp list.
Dont forget bro during IPL Set Max topped Sun tv

Linguistic bro!!:p:p
Let me give the facts bro. First let us analyze the overall trp ratings in India:
In the given list of 10 channels 8 channels belong to Hindi,1 each belongs to tamil and telugu genre
The total no. of viewership in Hindi Genre =
(STAR Bharat) 739935 + (Zee Anmol) 712667 +(Sony Pal) 679716 +(STAR Utsav) 612184 +(Sony MAX) 594882 +(Zee TV) 562387 +(STAR Plus) 539231 +(Sony Wah) 516716 = 11,257,718 impressions.
Tamil = 9,94,031 & Telugu = 5,28,125
So here is the conclusion bro Yess Hindi is most widely spoken language in india. But it does have 2 varieties have audiences i.e. Rural and Urban. The rural one prefers to watch FTA channels while the Urban people watches the Pay channels. Moreover there is a stiff competition in between them.
But in the case of Tamil genre we have only one market leader i.e. Sun TV. Here be it rural or urban everyone watches Sun tv. Sun tv is far ahead of its competitor. I believe this is the reason why Sun tv is always the topper of trp list.
Dont forget bro during IPL Set Max topped Sun tv
Lol , bro you have combined the data of 8 Hindi channels and is comparing it with one Tamil and Telugu channel .
:biggrin:

Lol , bro you have combined the data of 8 Hindi channels and is comparing it with one Tamil and Telugu channel .
:biggrin:
Yup bro! you will find 8 Hindi channels in the top 10 TRP list of BARC data. Because Hindi Genre is very competitive. In Tamil there is only one leader

Yup bro! you will find 8 Hindi channels in the top 10 TRP list of BARC data. Because Hindi Genre is very competitive. In Tamil there is only one leader
Ok , going by your logic

Combined ratings of top 5 Hindi channels is nearabout 32.5 lac and total ratings of top 5 Tamil channels is 20.6 lac .
Just 1.57x more
but
Hindi has 8x more speakers than Tamil .

Ok as you say almost all people in Tamil Nadu have access to tv
Tamil has total 6.7 crore population (1st , 2nd , 3rd language speakers)
6.7*1.57 - 10.57 crore people

The same figure for Hindi is 55 crore plus .
55 - 10.5 - 44.5 crore

You mean 44.5 crore people don't have access to tv
?

This is bizarre.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom