BARC TRP Week 17

• Thread starter Thread starter abhishek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25
  • Views Views: Views 3,450
they do have thanks to cable operators who keep it as no. 1 in tamil channels section even in Tata Sky in ch no. 1503 HD , 1504 SD in tamil channel starts from Sun TV ..i guess its one of the reasons.. even in kannada in Tata Sky section channels start frm Udaya TV

Sun tv is has larger audience because it has men audience watching there serials particularly in non metros and villages. The drama is there main attraction.they run drama all day from 10am to
10:30pm for 6days. they don't repeat a serial,even star vijay&zee tamil trying hard they can't replicate what sun is doing

MSOs/DTHs will get concession if they keep the desired channel top in a particular genre.

Are you aware that Sun TV was the first private satellite channel started in india? Last month, they completed 25 years...
Yes.. I am aware of that.. i am also from TN, but still couldn't believe that it is watched more than any Hindi GEC / sports channels.
If you track the BARC rating, SUN is always with in top 2/3 channels across India and in Tamil it has 130% more viewership than the second channel (Vijay) and no other channel programs has made to top5 Tamil programs ( i dont think even the Movie premier's/ Bigg Boss show from other channels made it to Top 5).

Yes.. I am aware of that.. i am also from TN, but still couldn't believe that it is watched more than any Hindi GEC / sports channels.
If you track the BARC rating, SUN is always with in top 2/3 channels across India and in Tamil it has 130% more viewership than the second channel (Vijay) and no other channel programs has made to top5 Tamil programs ( i dont think even the Movie premier's/ Bigg Boss show from other channels made it to Top 5).
If you go to any village in TN, and ask that you have cable connection, they reply back to you that are you referring Sun TV Connection... Sun TV is more popular not only in Tamil Nadu. All the tamil peoples who are residing in Other states of India also watch Sun TV most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom