DDF Exclusive BARC TRP | Week 34

Sun TV planning to launch second GEC TV in Tamil by second half of next month. Targetting audience of 20 to 45 year's category with new content mainly from reality segment so the new will distrub the likes of zee Tamil & star Vijay, from taking the pie from sun TV
It might end up eating sun TV 😌

Same situation for bengali market also. Star Jalsha never tolerate Zee Bangla in top position. They will obviously do something to regain their place.
Best of luck Star Jalsha. :tup:
I think it was a good thing that star jalsha lost no.1 position.Because this types falls will lead them for a rethink.Star jalsha became a 24 hrs serial channel due to its monopoly.Now they will change their outline.
Although at this week trp Star jalsha's programs bears top 1,2 .Majority also with them.IMO the same trend in Bangla should happen to Asianet and Sun TV.Atleast they should lose some TRP for their self improvement.

Last edited:
Why didn't it ever do such a remarkable thing in Kannada or Marathi? Same thing will happen in Tamil and Bangla, not the Hindi way.
Star become weaker only in Kannada.In marathi Zee marathi has monopoly.Colors marathi had KBC and Bigboss but almost trp with Star pravah is equal.Vijay tv had showed a comeback towards Zee tamil earlier so it can repeated.So I compared it to hindi way.

It might end up eating sun TV 😌
It won't zee Tamil and star Vijay are mostly getting trps in tier1&tier2 cities. in other areas in tier 3, semi urban & rural areas sun TV is the leader.even the second GEC of sun TV is targetting urban and metro audience.

I am noob here. Can anyone explain me how come Sun TV always have so much rating? It's not even a Hindi channel.
Bro simple reason . In Tamil nadu 99.8% have TV 's in there house.there was an article on THE Hindu news paper yesterday it says in a BARC survey in top 5 south indian cities have 25.9 crore TV user alone ,but in North India it's just 20.9 crore user's in West it's 22.1 crore user's when comes to West it's Maharashtra,and Gujarat there two regional languages alongside hindi. in that survey south states have more than 89% of people have television. In south India particularly in Tamil nadu TV was given free by DMK government secondly in Tamil nadu government run's the cable tv network in Tamil nadu in digital format with set top box in low cost. Even they provide broad band in low cost.Being tamil channel it's watched all over the world and in India there are Tamil speaking people all over India.

Last edited:
Bro simple reason . In Tamil nadu 99.8% have TV 's in there house.there was an article on THE Hindu news paper yesterday it says in a survey of how many people have television in that survey south states have more than 89% of people have television.particularly in Tamil nadu TV was given free by DMK government secondly in Tamil nadu government run's the cable tv network in Tamil nadu in digital format with set top box in low cost. Even they provide broad band in low cost.
Also in tamil nadu only 4 major competitors.Among them Sun TV holds majority share .If we take hindi about 10+ channels stronly participating in TRP war and no monopoly(gecs and movie channels)So rating gets dispersed.

Star Jalsha Should Think To Launch, Different Type Shows Again Rather Than 5-11:30 Everyday Only Serials. Earlier I am Fan Of Star Jalsha, But now not. My grandparents Also now a days, Watch 99% Serials only on Zee Bangla/Colors Bangla. They Also Stop Watching Jalsha.
I think it was a good thing that star jalsha lost no.1 position.Because this types falls will lead them for a rethink.Star jalsha became a 24 hrs serial channel due to its monopoly.Now they will change their outline.
Although at this week trp Star jalsha's programs bears top 1,2 .Majority also with them.IMO the same trend in Bangla should happen to Asianet and Sun TV.Atleast they should lose some TRP for their self improvement.
Not only introducing reality shows, it should change its logo and graphics. They are 6+ years old. Then it will be a total revamp. Even Jalsha Movies has always used the same logo and graphics since the launch.
Otherwise Star Jalsha will go in the direction of Star Suvarna and Star Pravah. It is not too late for Star Jalsha but disaster is approaching. This despite Star Jalsha (in my opinion) having the best graphics of all regional channels.

Last edited:
Not only introducing reality shows, it should change its logo and graphics. They are 6+ years old. Then it will be a total revamp. Even Jalsha Movies has always used the same logo and graphics since the launch.
Then what about Sun TV,India's no.1 channel but not have a specific theme or graphics.
Asianet too requires some revamp their quality is lost now a days.

Then what about Sun TV,India's no.1 channel but not have a specific theme or graphics.
Asianet too requires some revamp their quality is lost now a days.
The ETV and Sun networks in general do not bother about graphics. But Star does, especially for the Hindi and Bangla channels. Of the Star South channels only Vijay has impressive graphics.

The ETV and Sun networks in general do not bother about graphics. But Star does, especially for the Hindi and Bangla channels. Of the Star South channels only Vijay has impressive graphics.
If we compare with others better is star.Zee and colors have similar graphics or colortone everywhere.Sun's is pathetic(I don't know it can be called 'graphics').Sony is fair.But star try to give different and new graphics to their all language channels.when the rivals are not nearing them then no need of financing in graphics always.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock