Discussion Bengali Serials & Reality Shows Updates

Aakash Aath
They still airs new episodes of their existing old serials, plus occasionally do live singing events as well.
I feel bad for them they deserve more than Colors Bangla.
Rupashi Bangla
I don't know why it even exists. They have stopped making new shows long time ago and only re air the old ones along with some old made for TV movies, rest of the day they only air teleshopping ads.
The only new thing in the channel is occassional early morning and evening live singing events.
CTVN AKD Plus
For around 95% of the day they air only teleshopping ads, with occasional news bulletins at night. They should shut down CTVN and only focus on their other channel CN which is a much better and full fledged news channel.

Out of these 3 only Aakash Aath is somewhere still good and deserves a revival. They even changed the graphics packaging duirng the start of this year. They are serious about the channel unlike the other 2, but the problem is their owner is just a small group based on Kolkata, and so due to lack of financial power they are unable to compete with the Big 5 broadcasters.

Also Viacom18 is not serious with Colors Bangla Cinema as they didn't properly distributed the channel even after 1.5 years of launch. They have a good library of Hollywood films (Mostly from Columbia Pictures) in Bangla dub, but sadly we can't watch them due to non availability in Tata Sky.

Last edited:
Agree that Aakash Aath deserves better than what it is getting. And yes, Sun Bangla delivers near-HD quality in an SD channel, that too for free. It is a hidden gem and the dark horse of the Sun network which is mostly struggling outside TN. If developed well, it can reap big benefits.
Out of these 3 only Aakash Aath is somewhere still good and deserves a revival. They even changed the graphics packaging duirng the start of this year. They are serious about the channel unlike the other 2, but the problem is their owner is just a small group based on Kolkata, and so due to lack of financial power they are unable to compete with the Big 5 broadcasters.
Aakash Aath is owned by the Surana family and it is their only channel. Meanwhile, Rupashi Bangla is owned by the Rose Valley group and its sister channels are News Time Bangla and Dhoom Music (previously there was also Planet M Cinema).

Last edited:
Rupashi Bangla is owned by the Rose Valley group and its sister channels are News Time Bangla and Dhoom Music (previously there was also Planet M Cinema).
AFAIK, Rose Valley has been liquidated after the scam, so I think now the channels' owner has been changed.

My views on these channel
1. Aakash Aath : Their shows mainly based on bengali Novels, proper bengali culture. Some of their iconic show is Maa Sardha , Gurabey Namah, Jai Ma santoshi, Sai Baba. All of these shows having good quality ,good story line and strong actor. One of their non fictions show, Radhuni, cooking show famous among house wives.Channel transmission quality ,graphics over all a good package in FTA.

2.Sony Aath: Sony's regional channel only concentrated on Dubbing serial from sony. Aahat, CID, Adalat , crime patrol all of the iconic show they are airing in bengali. But still i prefer this channel only for its animation line up mainly
Iconic Gopal Bhaar , Nut&Bolt, Nix. Channel getting popularity only for this animation programme. But I'd like to watch SAB tv content in Bengali in near future , mainly TMKOC.

3. Colors Bangla: channel used to air good quality bengali serial when it was ETV bangla or even durinf first 2-3 years of color Bangla. But later they completely shifted from original serial to dubbing serial.Channel should produce original serial like before to exist in this market otherwise in near future we can see its shut down.

4. Sun Bangla & Rupasi Bangla: Never watched these two channel , so can't comment on them. I don't find any thing interesting to watch on these two.

My views on these channel
1. Aakash Aath : Their shows mainly based on bengali Novels, proper bengali culture. Some of their iconic show is Maa Sardha , Gurabey Namah, Jai Ma santoshi, Sai Baba. All of these shows having good quality ,good story line and strong actor. One of their non fictions show, Radhuni, cooking show famous among house wives.Channel transmission quality ,graphics over all a good package in FTA.

2.Sony Aath: Sony's regional channel only concentrated on Dubbing serial from sony. Aahat, CID, Adalat , crime patrol all of the iconic show they are airing in bengali. But still i prefer this channel only for its animation line up mainly
Iconic Gopal Bhaar , Nut&Bolt, Nix. Channel getting popularity only for this animation programme. But I'd like to watch SAB tv content in Bengali in near future , mainly TMKOC.

3. Colors Bangla: channel used to air good quality bengali serial when it was ETV bangla or even durinf first 2-3 years of color Bangla. But later they completely shifted from original serial to dubbing serial.Channel should produce original serial like before to exist in this market otherwise in near future we can see its shut down.

4. Sun Bangla & Rupasi Bangla: Never watched these two channel , so can't comment on them. I don't find any thing interesting to watch on these two.
  • Most of these smaller GECs hardly show any old movies, except maybe Aakash Aath AFAIK. Sun Bangla should acquire some movies (Bengali ones).
  • How about Enterr10 Bangla? Is it like its sister channel Fakt Marathi (mostly dubbed or old serials) or does it show movies also?
  • I think Sun Bangla seems to be the closest competitor out of all these channels to the big 2. It is serious but the results are few.
  • Aakash Aath’s shows are for the love of Bengali culture, never mind if they get any viewership or not. That’s dedication! 🙂
  • Sony Aath has transitioned from mostly a movie channel to a GEC with some cartoons. Not the best formula but it works.
  • Colors Bangla HD ought to shut down now. CB is the worst of the lot. It doesn’t deserve HD.
  • Rupashi Bangla does not have much reason for existence either.

Last edited:
A Brand New Show on Sun Bangla after a long time
Source

Atleast they are making new originals unlike Colors Bangla and Sony Aath.
Sun Bangla just need to acquire some good Bangla movies, and then they can easily cross 100K impressions and be the 3rd largest Bangla GEC. The irony is despite Sun Network being so good at movies in South markets, they are lagging way behind in this department in Bangla.
Two more new shows are starting on Sun Bangla on 7th December. So they will launch 3 new shows in same day.
Source

Source

So they are still interested in Bangla market and making significant investments there. They are way better than Colors Bangla and Sony Aath which are 95% dubbed content channels.
But after viewing the promos it seems that the new serials are based on very old and overused concepts and stories. Sun Bangla should focus more on the screenplay and stories rather than no of serials to get real success in this market. They can also remake some of their most popular Tamil serials as a trial.

Last edited:
Two more new shows are starting on Sun Bangla on 7th December. So they will launch 3 new shows in same day.
Source

Source

So they are still interested in Bangla market and making significant investments there. They are way better than Colors Bangla and Sony Aath which are 95% dubbed content channels.
But after viewing the promos it seems that the new serials are based on very old and overused concepts and stories. Sun Bangla should focus more on the screenplay and stories rather than no of serials to get real success in this market. They can also remake some of their most popular Tamil serials as a trial.

I think Kanyadaan story like popular Tamil serial Metti Oli(20 years back no. 1 tamil serial.. Still now it's a best serial in tamil television industry)

I think Kanyadaan story like popular Tamil serial Metti Oli(20 years back no. 1 tamil serial.. Still now it's a best serial in tamil television industry)
Ohhh...
They should try to remake more popular Tamil serials as most of their original stories are flopped.

Bangla TV Update: BARC Week 46 2020

hHzBhYM.jpg

Entertainment Channels:
🏆 Star Jalsha
2 Zee Bangla
3 Jalsha Movies
4 Sun Bangla
5 Colors Bangla

GITqhmh.jpg

Entertainment Programs:
🏆 Mohor (Star Jalsha - 8:00 PM)
2 Sanjher Baati (Star Jalsha - 8:30 PM)
3 Kharkuto (Star Jalsha - 7:30 PM)
4 Krishnokoli (Zee Bangla - 7:00 PM)
5 Jamuna Dhaki (Zee Bangla - 7:30 PM)

Bangla TV Complete TRP list for Week 46, 2020 (15+ TRP):

STAR Jalsha (656 GRP)
Ogo Nirupoma (5.30 PM): 3.5
Prothoma Kadombini (6 PM): 5.7
Titli (6.30 PM): 5.8
Sreemoyee (7 PM): 8.9
Kharkuto (7.30 PM): 10.0
Mohor (8 PM): 10.4
Saanjher Baati (8.30 PM): 8.9
Bhaggolokkhi (9 PM): 7.0
Korapakhi (9.30 PM): 5.3
Mahapith Tarapith (10 PM): 6.1
Ke Apon Ke Por (10.30 PM): 2.5
Dhrubotara (11 PM): 2.2

Zee Bangla (640 GRP)
Alo Chhaya (6 PM): 7.1
Korunamoyee Rani Rashmoni (6.30 PM): 10.2
Krishnokoli (7 PM): 9.3
Jamuna Dhaki (7.30 PM): 8.8
Jibonsaathi (8 PM): 6.1
Khirer Putul (8.30 PM): 4.8
Phirki (9 PM): 5.3
Ki Kore Bolbo Tomaay (9.30 PM): 6.0
Shoudaminir Shongshar (10 PM): 4.0
Pandab Goyenda (10.30 PM):

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock