Discussion Bengali Serials & Reality Shows Updates

Yes agree. Dance Dance Bangla shall also enjoy good ratings, owing to having Mithun Chakraborty as judge. Btw, this week, TRP of Rannabanna of STAR Jalsha wasn't published, owing to it's time slot being 12:30 PM. I guess, from next week, Superstar Poribar's TRP won't be published, because it's new time slot at 2 PM falls in the afternoon slot, which is never published.
Dev is also there along with Mithunda, so double dhamaka. Also Dance Dance Junior performed well last year, and infact it's Final episode also came in top 5 shows last year I recall, so the senior edition should also become a hit. But traditionally SJ's non fiction shows have flopped against the ones of ZB, but only from last year SJ has seen some success with their new shows Super Singer (& Junior) & Dance Dance (& Junior), but still Rannabanna and Superstar Parivaar are flops against their rivals. Also Hasiwala and Company is performing better than what I expected.

Presently SJ has the maximum no of daily serials among all Indian GECs. It has serials starting from 5PM till 11:30PM. Few months ago they also had a show at 11:30PM - 12AM slot, but later they stopped it.

You are wrong Sun TV has maximum no. Of daily soaps even Star Maa has more number of Serials then Star Jalsha. ( maybe there are other channels too).

Presently SJ has the maximum no of daily serials among all Indian GECs. It has serials starting from 5PM till 11:30PM. Few months ago they also had a show at 11:30PM - 12AM slot, but later they stopped it.
The 11.30 slot is a very odd slot. People don't stay awake at such late night to watch the show. That's why Chuni Panna ended with such low TRP. Even Jay Kali Kalkattewali and Membou had met with such fate due to low TRPs. But STAR Jalsha has permanently made the 5.30 PM and 11.00 PM slot for original shows, which, I guess, no other channel reserves. I remember, around 2017/2018, once there was a serial whose last few episodes were pushed to 12.00 AM slot because another serial came at 11.30 PM. And at that time, they also had a serial at 4.30 PM slot, and 4.00 PM was for Sita (Siya Ke Ram Bangla dub). STAR Jalsha is very much attached with a long time slot.
You are wrong Sun TV has maximum no. Of daily soaps even Star Maa has more number of Serials then Star Jalsha. ( maybe there are other channels too).
The South channels have original shows in afternoon slots as well. That's where they beat the North Indian channels in no. of shows. South channels' evening slot starts at 6/6.30 PM, and ends at 11.00 PM, but 12.30 PM to 3 PM content adds to it. Hence, Sun TV and STAR Maa get so much impressions. Whereas STAR Plus runs the race with only 6.30 PM to 11.30 PM slot. Reruns give good TRPs, but if there were originals like in 2017, when we had Mohi from 5.30 PM and STAR Plus Dopahar 5 shows in afternoon, impressions could have easily crossed 1 Bn AMA. That's where Sun TV wins the race, owing to afternoon content 😎.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock