DTH updates Bharti Airtel sells 20% stake in DTH arm

“The Indian digital TV market is expanding rapidly and we believe that Airtel DTH is well positioned to capitalize on the incremental growth in digitization and new TV penetration in tier 3 and 4 towns and rural areas…. we look forward to supporting the management team during the next phase of the company’s growth,” said Vishal Mahadevia, managing director and co-head, Warburg Pincus India.

Airtel to sell 20% stake in DTH arm to Warburg Pincus for $350 million - Livemint

will this acquisition lead to addition of Travel XP HD in near future?
With this business, many channels get removed and start fresh deal :wink:
I am surprised why airtel selling ,I think due to tata and dish d2h tough competition

Somehow airtel- is synonymous with costly. Especially because of its mobile tariffs earlier. So its pentration into villages will be little difficult,i feel.

So where's TS deal..?

TS can still be a party considering Mr Sunil Mittal only control 50% share of Airtel, so there is still 80% left in DTH arm of Airtel after this deal, much like UPA coalition Govt.

Now everything will depend on how much fund left with Mr Mittal to fight war against Mukesh Bhai considering Airtel's 4G has only 60% coverage compared to Jio's 95% throughout India. So if Mr Mittal needs to raise money then there will not much option left for him other than selling stack in DTH arm just like what he is doing now.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock