BloombergUTV ropes in Rahul Bose to host The Pitch 2

• Thread starter Gaurav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,819

Gaurav

Reaction score
BloombergUTV, the English business news channel, today announced the 10 finalists for Season 2.0 of its business reality show The Pitch.

The show will go on air in the first week of November and will be hosted by actor Rahul Bose.

The Pitch has been conceptualised and produced by Big Daddy Productions, a Globosport company.

The second season of the show will see some of India' s most prolific business leaders designing and assigning challenging tasks for the finalists, the channel said.

The one entrepreneur who will survive the tasks, and make it to the end will receive a funding of upto Rs 50 million from the Mumbai Angels, to execute their business plan.

Bose said, "While the Pitch will be very different from whatever I've done before, given my past in advertising and my present in running an NGO, it's something I'm only too familiar with. I look forward to listening to the country's best business minds share their acumen, but most of all I look forward to getting to know the ten most deserving entrepreneurs in a country that undeniably has the most entrepreneurial energy on earth."

BloombergUTV said that it has received business plans from aspirants in different walks of life across the country, ranging from doctors and engineers to students, housewives, salesmen, agriculturists, social service workers and even Indians living abroad.

Although, not qualified to participate, entries were even received from nationals of foreign countries like Poland, Malaysia and Uzbekistan who heard about The Pitch on the internet, the channel claims.

Following the nationwide call-for-entries, about 100 potential aspirants were called to Mumbai to make their Elevator Pitch before a jury comprising entrepreneurs, business experts and investors.

The jury evaluated the aspirants on the merit of their Elevator Pitch and their individual excellence, to identify the 10 finalists who will now appear on the show.

BloombergUTV business head Deepak Lamba said, "The tremendous response for Season 2.0 of The Pitch has proved that India has a significant pool of budding entrepreneurs and we at BloombergUTV remain firmly committed to pioneer the hunt for India's next great entrepreneur."

Each week on a fresh episode, a business icon will design and assign tasks to the participants which will challenge them on the most critical skills required to be a successful entrepreneur.

Mumbai Angels co-founder Prashant Choksey said, "Entrepreneurship is about innovation, ideas, imagination, passion and risk and, at Mumbai Angels; it is our primary objective to promote and encourage budding entrepreneurs. In promoting entrepreneurship, we are supporting innovation, and creating employment. The Pitch is a great platform created by BloombergUTV to identify these entrepreneurs who will energies and fuel the growth of the country and we are happy to be a part of this process."

This season of The Pitch is presented by Samsung Electronics. The multiple features and utilities of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 will play an integral role in the participants' lives through the show.

"At Samsung, we are very happy to partner with 'The Pitch' because in many ways the qualities that this program looks for in the winner are the ones we at Samsung espouse - a strong business proposition; innovativeness and smartness amongst others. 'The Pitch' provides a strong platform of recognition to strong business ideas and I am confident that in its second season it will get an even strong viewer response," Samsung Mobile & IT country head Ranjit Yadav said.
http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k11/nov/nov5.php

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock