• Views Views: Views 889,571
Crew World TV Premiere
25th August 8PM
On zee cinema
Its 1 PM maybe to avoid clash with Shaitaan on Sony Max
Screenshot-20240815-162004-CRICFy-TV.jpg

Crew World TV Premiere
25th August 8PM

So it seems Balaji Motion Pictures has agreement with both Disney-Star and Zee but extremely unhappy with Crew airing on Zee Cinema as Star Gold would have been the best platform for this movie to reach max audience and get higher ratings as Disney-Star Hindi Movie Channels have a very huge + loyal bollywood movies audience base

extremely unhappy with Crew airing on Zee Cinema as Star Gold would have been the best platform for this movie to reach max audience and get higher ratings as Disney-Star Hindi Movie Channels have a very huge + loyal bollywood movies audience base
I absolutely do not accept the bolded terms above. You are acting as though every Hindi movie broadcaster other than Star Gold is completely incapable of promoting and reaching out their Hindi movie library. As an esteemed and respected member of the forum, you should know that Zee acquires the maximum number of Bollywood movies every year, not counting dubbed movies, even though Star has all the blockbusters from YRF and other producers.

In fact I am very happy that Zee Cinema has taken Crew, because this is a smart and fun movie that the whole family can enjoy, and feminist as well. The production companies also have a history of working with Zee and I was expecting it to happen. I wouldn’t have been that pleased if Sony Max were to take it, and even less so for Colors Cineplex. But Zee Cinema and &pictures have a big reach and popularity. @ak7777 @Deep Mody your thoughts please.

Last edited:
I absolutely do not accept the bolded terms above. You are acting as though every Hindi movie broadcaster other than Star Gold is completely incapable of promoting and reaching out their Hindi movie library. As an esteemed and respected member of the forum, you should know that Zee acquired the maximum number of Bollywood movies every year,

It is not about how many movies a broadcaster acquires but how well are they able to reach out to target audience and achieve maximise potential outcome from airing such films be it ratings + revenue..... One can clearly see that Disney-Star channels have had a sustained + hugely successful content strategy of giving max airtime to bollywood movies across all its channels and they have been the No. 1 Hindi Movie Network as per data available and even shared by Disney-Star sometime back, so they r far ahead of others in bollywood movies + dubbed hollywood movies segment and even a regular person can see this by simply going thru daily schedule of Disney-Star and Rival Network Hindi Movie Channels...... It is not about capability to promote or reach out to the desired audience base, ofcourse Zee, Viacom18, Sony being experienced broadcasters have all the resources and talent to do so but unfortunately bcoz of their long standing content strategy being heavily focused on airing Dubbed South Indian Movies there has surely been a case of them losing out on bollywood movies audience base which is why i can make out based on my observations that bollywood movies perform much better on Disney-Star channels compared to when aired on rival networks else why would schedule of Zee Cinema, Zee Action ,Colors Cineplex, Sony Max feature mostly Dubbed South Indian Movies while Disney-Star can manage to match up or outscore these channels on ratings chart by having content strategy largely driven by bollywood + hindi dubbed hollywood movies

Zee Cinema, Zee Action ,Colors Cineplex, Sony Max feature mostly Dubbed South Indian Movies while Disney-Star can manage to match up or outscore these channels on ratings chart by having content strategy largely driven by bollywood + hindi dubbed hollywood movies
That is exactly why movies like Crew will help the library of Zee Cinema, &pictures or even &xplor HD for that matter. These are not blockbusters but moderately decent successes, and these Zee channels will benefit from airing such non-megastar movies. You mentioned the term extremely unhappy above, which shows that you did not want Zee Cinema to acquire this film because Balaji also has a deal with Disney Star. I don’t see why you should be unhappy as a result.

That is exactly why movies like Crew will help the library of Zee Cinema, &pictures or even &xplor HD for that matter. These are not blockbusters but moderately decent successes, and these Zee channels will benefit from airing such non-megastar movies. You mentioned the term extremely unhappy above, which shows that you did not want Zee Cinema to acquire this film because Balaji also has a deal with Disney Star. I don’t see why you should be unhappy as a result.

Dada i thought u being a very old esteemed member of this forum would by now know what i wanted to convey as i have explained the same earlier too at various occasions.

By saying unhappy what i meant was that Dianey-Star offers bollywood movies much better and proper airtime than rival network channels as it has over last 6 yeara build a very robust bollywood+ dubbed hollywood movies audience base by sticking with a bollywood + dubbed hollywood movies driven content strategy..... So the answer of the 2nd part of ur question lies in this, zee/sony/Viacom 18 r acquiring more bollywood movies but as they r not changing their dubbed South Indian Movies centric content strategy hence these bollywood movies r not gaining much traction when airing on their channels bcoz again loyal bollywood movie fans do not regularly tune into their channels as they do not get to see content they r looking for on these channels. .... Also again to rebuild the bollywood audience base which over last many years Sony/Viacom18/Zee have lost they need to not just acquire more old +new bollywood movies but change their content strategy and above all remain consistent with it for atleast 6 months as regaining lost bollywood movies audience base will not happen overnight but gradually as more people will notice change and slowly make these channels part of their daily viewing schedule :)

I think, Zee will premiere Dunki but lately, like October or something, either Dusherra Premiere or Diwali Special....
I've an instinct that Dunki may be premiered on Saturday, 2nd November (SRK's birthday) by the respective channel who owns the right. Maybe!

Back
Top Bottom