DDF Exclusive Bollywood Movies TV Premiere Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter SPANDAN
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 4,257
  • Views Views: Views 889,571
Looks like dunki rights have been unsold

Lot of permutations and combinations as to who will premiere Dunki....can be either of Zee, Sony, Viacom18 or Disney-Star based on who owns the rights Jio or Red Chiilies and with which broadcaster they have renewed agreement with

At present old bollywood movies part of Red Chilies Entertainment film catalogue r shifting to Viacom18 however we see their new movies still premiering on Zee so in that case Zee might air Dunki else if Viacom18 is new partner then they shall premiere Dunki ......but we also see Red Chillies Movie Library repeating very often on Viacom18 Hindi Movie Channels so is their movie output agreement period also ending soon , if so gradually earlier renewed films might shift soon .....now whether these go to zee and there is a rotation policy of Red Chillies Entertainment movies between these 2 broadcasters or these films make way to Disney-Star is again to be seen and if Disney Star is new partner then they may premiere Dunki.

If Jio owns rights whether Viacom18 buys satellite rights from them or it is sold to Sony as part of ongoing deal or to their new JV partners Disney Star again remains to be seen :)

I absolutely do not accept the bolded terms above. You are acting as though every Hindi movie broadcaster other than Star Gold is completely incapable of promoting and reaching out their Hindi movie library. As an esteemed and respected member of the forum, you should know that Zee acquires the maximum number of Bollywood movies every year, not counting dubbed movies, even though Star has all the blockbusters from YRF and other producers.

In fact I am very happy that Zee Cinema has taken Crew, because this is a smart and fun movie that the whole family can enjoy, and feminist as well. The production companies also have a history of working with Zee and I was expecting it to happen. I wouldn’t have been that pleased if Sony Max were to take it, and even less so for Colors Cineplex. But Zee Cinema and &pictures have a big reach and popularity. @ak7777 @Deep Mody your thoughts please.
@dino29 and @adarsh khan want everything to be with star and sony good to see you @JollyLNB taking a stand for zee infact he has also appreciated Disney star in many of his articles but still he's taking a stand for zee this movie may not be a big success for zee cinema but may do good on &pictures or & xplor hd infact i and @ak7777 also likes star and sony but we are also not of that level ki everything should be with them

@dino29 and @adarsh khan want everything to be with star and sony good to see you @JollyLNB taking a stand for zee infact he has also appreciated Disney star in many of his articles but still he's taking a stand for zee this movie may not be a big success for zee cinema but may do good on &pictures or & xplor hd infact i and @ak7777 also likes star and sony but we are also not of that level ki everything should be with them
Crew is a good addition to Zee. Perfect for &XplorHD. Disney Star already has a good mix of films for this year including Fighter, Aavesham, Maidaan, TBMAUJ, Munjya, Stree 2 (which is doing bonkers at the BO currently) and most probably it will have Chhava as well as Pushpa 2 as well.
So ig there is hardly anything to worry about

Crew is a good addition to Zee. Perfect for &XplorHD. Disney Star already has a good mix of films for this year including Fighter, Aavesham, Maidaan, TBMAUJ, Munjya, Stree 2 (which is doing bonkers at the BO currently) and most probably it will have Chhava as well as Pushpa 2 as well.
So ig there is hardly anything to worry about
Tag @dino29 this he was very unhappy i am having no problem that crew is with zee

Buddy again u r just misinterpreting what i have stated and neither have i said that all movies should go to Disney-Star.....please go thru my above posts again to understand the reasoning why i said i am unhappy with Zee getting rights of this movie....
Crew is a mix of masala and offbeat movie and i am of the opinion that with Zee it may get few primetime airings on main channels and thereafter become a part of And Xplor while Disney-Star gives proper airtime to such movies on its main channels till they own the rights bcoz its content strategy is driven largely by bollywood films

Please stop again and again accusing me of things i have not stated rather share ur feedback with Zee, Viacom18 and Sony to air more bollywood + dubbed hollywood movies on its flagship hindi movie channels....acquiring more bollywood movies but later not giving them adequate airing is what i do not like which is why i have always said that for bollywood + dubbed hollywood movies Disney-Star Hindi Movie Channels r the "best destination"

Looking back from 2014 until 2018 even Disney Sta Hindi Movie Channels had become largely focussed on Dubbed South Indian Movies and i shared lots of feedback with them to change content strategy right from sharing list of bollywood movies they can acquire+air, not cutting songs from movies, airing movies in correct aspect ratio, including retro movies too in daily schedule of Star Gold Select etc and what i am grateful + happy about is that they have always taken feedback very seriously , evaluated the same and made required changes to improve its service offering not just in Hindi Movie Genre but even for channels across other genres or for their OTT platform regarding which too i regularly share feedback

I have shared similar feedback with Sony , Zee and Viacom18 channel head/s too and Sony + Viacom18 did make some changes like back in 2022 Colors Cineplex HD turned into pure play bollywood movie channel for which i had shared feedback with their Channel Head via Twitter giving proper reasoning why it is right decision to implement and will hep garner good ratings for the channel similarly i shared such feedback with Team Sony too wherein u saw later Sony Max and Sony Wah improving in airing more bollywood movies, infact long before YRF agreement with Sony ended i had clearly stated to their channel head that interest of bollywood movie banners will fade away from signing agreement with sony if their movies r not given adequate airtime or do not perform good on ratings chart as a result of bollywood audience drifting away from the channel....later same happened and they made required changes in content strategy but sadly now again less bollywood movies being aired on Sony Max/Wah maybe as they havs renewed agreement with Goldmines Telefilms for dubbed movies

With channel head of Zee too i shared lot of feed but sadly i did not see any major improvements but off late it is good that they have started airing diverse bollywood movies on Zee Bollywood, Zee Anmol Cinema but still Zee Cinema, Zee Action remain dubbed cinema centric while And Pictures lies somewhere in middle though again i feel there is lot of things which can be done to improve content strategy of its main channels while And Xplor HD is doing a great job in airing critically acclaimed bollywood movies

Last edited:
I absolutely do not accept the bolded terms above. You are acting as though every Hindi movie broadcaster other than Star Gold is completely incapable of promoting and reaching out their Hindi movie library. As an esteemed and respected member of the forum, you should know that Zee acquires the maximum number of Bollywood movies every year, not counting dubbed movies, even though Star has all the blockbusters from YRF and other producers.

In fact I am very happy that Zee Cinema has taken Crew, because this is a smart and fun movie that the whole family can enjoy, and feminist as well. The production companies also have a history of working with Zee and I was expecting it to happen. I wouldn’t have been that pleased if Sony Max were to take it, and even less so for Colors Cineplex. But Zee Cinema and &pictures have a big reach and popularity. @ak7777 @Deep Mody your thoughts please.
Sorry for late reply but Actually I was waiting for today's TRP to share my thoughts
GUiSMbUWsAE-m_h
GVFTZtJXMAAdQ18

So to start with, for the second consecutive week, Star Gold is out of Top 3 From the TRP list so no way I agree that Star Gold has a wider reach than Zee Cinema

Also, since the last 5 weeks, Zee Cinema is the most watched Hindi Movie channel excluding Goldmines because it has FTA+DDFD benefits

Since the last 2 weeks Sony Max is ahead of Star Gold since the former is premiering more Bollywood movies than South movies the latter and also Sony Max has stopped repeating movies unlike before

I believe Crew & DG2 might be exchanged between Star Gold & Zee Cinema reason being another Female Centric Comedy Veere Di Wedding, also Starring Kareena Kapoor is a success for them and hence they regularly air it in prime time on &pictures HD and &xplor HD

But I agree that Disney-Star Hindi Movie channels air the most number of bollywood movies almost everyday as compared to Sony, Zee & Colors

In Today's time where dubbed movies have taken over Bollywood movies, Star Gold is the only main channel which airs 4-5 Bollywood movies consecutively throughout the day but that doesn't mean it gives them a huge reach because they are not utilizing their library fully by airing some movies only on SGS, SGR, etc

Airing dubbed movies is the need of the hour for Star Gold to offer a perfect mix of Hindi & South movies, since the taste & preference of viewers is changing

if a Bhojpuri Movie premiere on Friday can overtake South & Hollywood movies premiered on Saturday/Sunday, they must premiere more dubbed movies than what they are premiering currently

Even I wanted the entire Cop Universe & Horror Universe on Star Gold and Spy Universe to be on Sony Max but that didn't happen so now what is the point in repeating any such thing here again & again about any movie going to a particular network as the networks are reading here before acquiring new movies

Personally even I like Star Gold & Sony Max more than Zee Cinema but that doesn't mean Zee Cinema is a bad channel, Zee's channels surely need to improve their AQ on HD channels & PQ on SD channels but still its not as bad as people hate it here

&pictures has became a useless channels since the last 2 months by not premiering any new movie due to the arrival of &xplor HD on Tata Play so they really need to maintain balance between these 2 channels bcoz it is not worth paying ₹22 for &pictures HD if they do not premiere new movies while &xplor is HD just costs ₹5 yet it premieres new movies and also has the best library among all Hindi movie channels

Last edited:
Sorry for late reply but Actually I was waiting for today's TRP to share my thoughts
GUiSMbUWsAE-m_h
GVFTZtJXMAAdQ18

So to start with, for the second consecutive week, Star Gold is out of Top 3 From the TRP list so no way I agree that Star Gold has a wider reach than Zee Cinema

Also, since the last 5 weeks, Zee Cinema is the most watched Hindi Movie channel excluding Goldmines because it has FTA+DDFD benefits

Since the last 2 weeks Sony Max is ahead of Star Gold since the former is premiering more Bollywood movies than South movies the latter and also Sony Max has stopped repeating movies unlike before

I believe Crew & DG2 might be exchanged between Star Gold & Zee Cinema reason being another Female Centric Comedy Veere Di Wedding, also Starring Kareena Kapoor is a success for them and hence they regularly air it in prime time on &pictures HD and &xplor HD

But I agree that Disney-Star Hindi Movie channels air the most number of bollywood movies almost everyday as compared to Sony, Zee & Colors

In Today's time where dubbed movies have taken over Bollywood movies, Star Gold is the only main channel which airs 4-5 Bollywood movies consecutively throughout the day but that doesn't mean it gives them a huge reach because they are not utilizing their library fully by airing some movies only on SGS, SGR, etc

Airing dubbed movies is the need of the hour for Star Gold to offer a perfect mix of Hindi & South movies, since the taste & preference of viewers is changing

if a Bhojpuri Movie premiere on Friday can overtake South & Hollywood movies premiered on Saturday/Sunday, they must premiere more dubbed movies than what they are premiering currently

Even I wanted the entire Cop Universe & Horror Universe on Star Gold and Spy Universe to be on Sony Max but that didn't happen so now what is the point in repeating any such thing here again & again about any movie going to a particular network as the networks are reading here before acquiring new movies

Personally even I like Star Gold & Sony Max more than Zee Cinema but that doesn't mean Zee Cinema is a bad channel, Zee's channels surely need to improve their AQ on HD channels & PQ on SD channels but still its not as bad as people hate it here

&pictures has became a useless channels since the last 2 months by not premiering any new movie due to the arrival of &xplor HD on Tata Play so they really need to maintain balance between these 2 channels bcoz it is not worth paying ₹22 for &pictures HD if they do not premiere new movies while &xplor is HD just costs ₹5 yet it premieres new movies and also has the best library among all Hindi movie channels

Buddy plz go thru my previous posts again I never said that Zee Cinema does not have proper reach or is a bad channel but what i clearly mentioned was that it is primarily airing Dubbed South Indian Movies hence why i do like more bollywood movies going to Disney-Star is bcoz they give max airtime to all sorts of bollywood movies on its channels unlikw others where u see so many mainstream + offbeat bollywood movies being sidelined to watershed hours post initial airings or some of these being restricted to And Xplor HD while others still do not get proper airing.

So now coming to ratings....1stly the above chart represents data for HSM (Urban) 15+ audience segment so not a complete picture of how channel is performing overall, secondly here too Star Gold has most times been at No. 2 or 3 while being just behind Goldmines which ofcourse will be ahead as it gets ratings from Pay TV + DD Free Dish platform which is not the case with Pay TV Channels available on just private DTH /Cable TV /HITS / IPTV Platform.....lastly as u can see despite having bollywood movies driven content strategy Star Gold or even other Hindi Movie Channels of Disney Star have been able to match up or many times remain ahead of their competitors while others rely mostly on Dubbed South Indian Movies to gain ratings so if Disney-Star can why cannot others and lastly which is why when i make a point about Bollywood Movies getting more reach + viewership on Disney-Star Hindi Movie Channels what i mean is that they have huge/robust bollywood movies audience base wherein rival competitors lack behind so bollywood movies perform lot better on Disney Star Hindi Movie Channels than on Rival Network channels.

Also Dubbed South Indian Movies should be aired on Hindi Movie Channels but maybe it form not more than max 10 or 20 % of their daily playlist and more importantly good movies from this genre should be aired rather than just making a channel air these movies almost all thru the day..... When Disney-Star airs good movies like Salaar or a good bhojpuri movie like Mahadev Ka Gorakhpur it gets great ratings too hence again it shows that they maintain a great balance in giving bollywood + dubbed hollywood + dubbed south indian movies airtime on its channels....Star Gold Thrills is again a huge success and one of its kind channel airing non stop Blockbuster Dubbed Hollywood Movies

Lastly u r wrong in saying that for past 2 weeks Sony Max is airing more bollywood movies than south indian movies hence it is getting more ratings, fact is that certain movies like Lapataa Ladies, Zara Hat Ke Zara Bachke and even older bollywood movies like Animal, 12th Fail etc.have helped garner great ratings which combined with regular ratings received from Dubbed South Indian Movies has helped Sony Max climb up on ratings chart.

One more thing airing more Dubbed South Indian Movies than Bollywood Movies is also not good for economics of running Hindi Movie Channels, yes u can have a 2ndary Hindi Movie Channel catering to Dubbed South Indian Movies but if a broadcaster is having flagship hindi movie channels driven by Dubbed South Indian Movies what i can tell is that it will not be a good long term decision keeping the financial part of such business model is concerned...for more u can read my posts in this thread

Last edited:
Actually if someone check the chart shared by goldmines for last 2 months, the difference between star gold, sony max, zee cinema is not much, these 3 are almost close to each other. So star gold isn't doing far better than zee or max. Even I noticed this many times last year when Goldmines share such chart. To be honest all 3 premier movie channels are in the same page. Coming to reach zee has the biggest reach when it comes to cable subscribers followed by star gold, sony max & colors Cineplex, not talking about dth like airtel, tata sky, sun

Back
Top Bottom