DDF Exclusive Bollywood Movies TV Premiere Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter SPANDAN
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 4,257
  • Views Views: Views 889,571
I, m so much
Sorry for late reply but Actually I was waiting for today's TRP to share my thoughts
GUiSMbUWsAE-m_h
GVFTZtJXMAAdQ18

So to start with, for the second consecutive week, Star Gold is out of Top 3 From the TRP list so no way I agree that Star Gold has a wider reach than Zee Cinema

Also, since the last 5 weeks, Zee Cinema is the most watched Hindi Movie channel excluding Goldmines because it has FTA+DDFD benefits

Since the last 2 weeks Sony Max is ahead of Star Gold since the former is premiering more Bollywood movies than South movies the latter and also Sony Max has stopped repeating movies unlike before

I believe Crew & DG2 might be exchanged between Star Gold & Zee Cinema reason being another Female Centric Comedy Veere Di Wedding, also Starring Kareena Kapoor is a success for them and hence they regularly air it in prime time on &pictures HD and &xplor HD

But I agree that Disney-Star Hindi Movie channels air the most number of bollywood movies almost everyday as compared to Sony, Zee & Colors

In Today's time where dubbed movies have taken over Bollywood movies, Star Gold is the only main channel which airs 4-5 Bollywood movies consecutively throughout the day but that doesn't mean it gives them a huge reach because they are not utilizing their library fully by airing some movies only on SGS, SGR, etc

Airing dubbed movies is the need of the hour for Star Gold to offer a perfect mix of Hindi & South movies, since the taste & preference of viewers is changing

if a Bhojpuri Movie premiere on Friday can overtake South & Hollywood movies premiered on Saturday/Sunday, they must premiere more dubbed movies than what they are premiering currently

Even I wanted the entire Cop Universe & Horror Universe on Star Gold and Spy Universe to be on Sony Max but that didn't happen so now what is the point in repeating any such thing here again & again about any movie going to a particular network as the networks are reading here before acquiring new movies

Personally even I like Star Gold & Sony Max more than Zee Cinema but that doesn't mean Zee Cinema is a bad channel, Zee's channels surely need to improve their AQ on HD channels & PQ on SD channels but still its not as bad as people hate it here

&pictures has became a useless channels since the last 2 months by not premiering any new movie due to the arrival of &xplor HD on Tata Play so they really need to maintain balance between these 2 channels bcoz it is not worth paying ₹22 for &pictures HD if they do not premiere new movies while &xplor is HD just costs ₹5 yet it premieres new movies and also has the best library among all Hindi movie channels
Im so much happy to see sony max grp increasing 😍👌

@dino29 and @adarsh khan want everything to be with star and sony good to see you @JollyLNB taking a stand for zee infact he has also appreciated Disney star in many of his articles but still he's taking a stand for zee this movie may not be a big success for zee cinema but may do good on &pictures or & xplor hd infact i and @ak7777 also likes star and sony but we are also not of that level ki everything should be with them
I just Need to One or two khan films, Jio Studio, T Series movie..
And some good south movies

It helps sony Improve Their grp always

Buddy plz go thru my previous posts again I never said that Zee Cinema does not have proper reach or is a bad channel but what i clearly mentioned was that it is primarily airing Dubbed South Indian Movies hence why i do like more bollywood movies going to Disney-Star is bcoz they give max airtime to all sorts of bollywood movies on its channels unlikw others where u see so many mainstream + offbeat bollywood movies being sidelined to watershed hours post initial airings or some of these being restricted to And Xplor HD while others still do not get proper airing.

So now coming to ratings....1stly the above chart represents data for HSM (Urban) 15+ audience segment so not a complete picture of how channel is performing overall, secondly here too Star Gold has most times been at No. 2 or 3 while being just behind Goldmines which ofcourse will be ahead as it gets ratings from Pay TV + DD Free Dish platform which is not the case with Pay TV Channels available on just private DTH /Cable TV /HITS / IPTV Platform.....lastly as u can see despite having bollywood movies driven content strategy Star Gold or even other Hindi Movie Channels of Disney Star have been able to match up or many times remain ahead of their competitors while others rely mostly on Dubbed South Indian Movies to gain ratings so if Disney-Star can why cannot others and lastly which is why when i make a point about Bollywood Movies getting more reach + viewership on Disney-Star Hindi Movie Channels what i mean is that they have huge/robust bollywood movies audience base wherein rival competitors lack behind so bollywood movies perform lot better on Disney Star Hindi Movie Channels than on Rival Network channels.

Also Dubbed South Indian Movies should be aired on Hindi Movie Channels but maybe it form not more than max 10 or 20 % of their daily playlist and more importantly good movies from this genre should be aired rather than just making a channel air these movies almost all thru the day..... When Disney-Star airs good movies like Salaar or a good bhojpuri movie like Mahadev Ka Gorakhpur it gets great ratings too hence again it shows that they maintain a great balance in giving bollywood + dubbed hollywood + dubbed south indian movies airtime on its channels....Star Gold Thrills is again a huge success and one of its kind channel airing non stop Blockbuster Dubbed Hollywood Movies

Lastly u r wrong in saying that for past 2 weeks Sony Max is airing more bollywood movies than south indian movies hence it is getting more ratings, fact is that certain movies like Lapataa Ladies, Zara Hat Ke Zara Bachke and even older bollywood movies like Animal, 12th Fail etc.have helped garner great ratings which combined with regular ratings received from Dubbed South Indian Movies has helped Sony Max climb up on ratings chart.

One more thing airing more Dubbed South Indian Movies than Bollywood Movies is also not good for economics of running Hindi Movie Channels, yes u can have a 2ndary Hindi Movie Channel catering to Dubbed South Indian Movies but if a broadcaster is having flagship hindi movie channels driven by Dubbed South Indian Movies what i can tell is that it will not be a good long term decision keeping the financial part of such business model is concerned...for more u can read my posts in this thread

@dino29 i understand your points what are you trying to convey but everything cannot be with one network and even zee have anmol cinema 2 zee Bollywood & xplor hd where more hindi films airs but even good films like ib71 have also not worked on star and even mimi angrezi medium hasn't worked on Disney star post 1-2 airings to say that every Hind film works on star is also not correct

Actually if someone check the chart shared by goldmines for last 2 months, the difference between star gold, sony max, zee cinema is not much, these 3 are almost close to each other. So star gold isn't doing far better than zee or max. Even I noticed this many times last year when Goldmines share such chart. To be honest all 3 premier movie channels are in the same page. Coming to reach zee has the biggest reach when it comes to cable subscribers followed by star gold, sony max & colors Cineplex, not talking about dth like airtel, tata sky, sun

Arrey bhai by reach i meant having strong bollywood movie audience base as my statement specifically stated that bollywood movies yield best outcome when aired on Disney Star Hindi Movie Channels and their chs dedicate max airtime to bollywood movies

@dino29 i understand your points what are you trying to convey but everything cannot be with one network and even zee have anmol cinema 2 zee Bollywood & xplor hd where more hindi films airs but even good films like ib71 have also not worked on star and even mimi angrezi medium hasn't worked on Disney star post 1-2 airings to say that every Hind film works on star is also not correct

Angrezi Medium is an average movie while IB71 is a good movie but not a mainstream masala movie so such meaningful movie appeal to very limited audience base still Disney Star is best platform for such movies too as many times these movies get aired on their main channels too rather than restricted to Star Gold Select or completely sidelined to watershed hours.

I also want Sony, Zee, Viacom18 to acquire more bollywood movies but then they should change their content strategy to give these bollywood movies more airtime on their hindi movie channels, no point acquiring movies and not airing them in watchable hours

Then again i must underline that few movies getting sidelined is understandable but this percentage should remain below 5% of total bollywood movie library owned by a channel....also zee has improved but still for Zee Cinema, And Pictures and Zee Action lot of improvement is needed and most importantly atleast they should start with making Zee Cinema HD, And Pictures HD and Sony Max HD pure play bollywood movie + dubbed hollywood movie chs barring few popular dubbed south indian movies which can be aired on it

Last edited:
Angrezi Medium is an average movie while IB71 is a good movie but not a mainstream masala movie so such meaningful movie appeal to very limited audience base still Disney Star is best platform for such movies too as many times these movies get aired on their main channels too rather than restricted to Star Gold Select or completely sidelined to watershed hours.

I also want Sony, Zee, Viacom18 to acquire more bollywood movies but then they should change their content strategy to give these bollywood movies more airtime on their hindi movie channels, no point acquiring movies and not airing them in watchable hours
Most of the hindi movies which channels acquire are for their international feeds because of most of the target audience doesn't watch tv and they don't even have much repeat value especially sony max and Viacom18 and to somehow maintain good relationship with actors and filmmakers and to doesn't lose out on certain movies for example sony acquire vvc films to doesn't lose out on hirani films Viacom acquire dharma movies to doesn't lose out on kkkh and k3g and they have good relations with kjo as he has been host and judge on many of their shows and sony acquire t series movies also to run their international feeds only where no south indian movies airs

Most of the hindi movies which channels acquire are for their international feeds because of most of the target audience doesn't watch tv and they don't even have much repeat value especially sony max and Viacom18 and to somehow maintain good relationship with actors and filmmakers and to doesn't lose out on certain movies for example sony acquire vvc films to doesn't lose out on hirani films Viacom acquire dharma movies to doesn't lose out on kkkh and k3g and they have good relations with kjo as he has been host and judge on many of their shows and sony acquire t series movies also to run their international feeds only where no south indian movies airs

Bhai, u r wrong. If u r thinking that if Sony buys rights of a movie then it automatically gets right to air it on UK or US feed of Sony Max then this is not correct..... Yes a broadcaster can buy satellite rights of a movie for India, US, UK but for each region additional money needs to be paid even if they get a combo deal from producers

Again u r wrong Hindi Movie Channels have many times more people watching them than those watching movies on OTT / Youtube if we consider viewership on TV screen (Linear TV and Connected TV)is concerned..... Interms of mobile viewership yes lot many people watch movies on YouTube and few of these on subscription based OTT platforms but again if u r saying same can compensate for large screen TV viewing u r again wrong, most of the people who watch some movies or content on mobile they also watch lot many movies + other content on TV too

Hindi Movie Channels viewership has increased over last 3 or 4 years and it is 2nd most watched genre after Hindi GEC channels on TV.

OTT cannot replace TV in India , 1stly OTT+ Internet is very costly compared to Linear TV (DTH / Cable TV) .... Mobile Viewing will grow but it will not mean that all these viewers ditch TV as a medium to consume content and Secondly even broadband gets wider reach and both broadband + OTT become more affordable still Linear TV will hold advantage over Digital bcoz of various reasons...... OTT and TV both will grow but if u think OTT can replace TV then buddy atleast in next 10 years that is not happening and thereafter too i feel in India TV will continue to be dominant medium to consume content although we may see new innovations happening in this segment like hybrid boxes have been launched for viewers to watch both content and as broadband reach expands this trend will continue but still for majority of population Connected TvlV + OTT won't become main source to watch content

Bhai, u r wrong. If u r thinking that if Sony buys rights of a movie then it automatically gets right to air it on UK or US feed of Sony Max then this is not correct..... Yes a broadcaster can buy satellite rights of a movie for India, US, UK but for each region additional money needs to be paid even if they get a combo deal from producers

Again u r wrong Hindi Movie Channels have many times more people watching them than those watching movies on OTT / Youtube if we consider viewership on TV screen (Linear TV and Connected TV)is concerned..... Interms of mobile viewership yes lot many people watch movies on YouTube and few of these on subscription based OTT platforms but again if u r saying same can compensate for large screen TV viewing u r again wrong, most of the people who watch some movies or content on mobile they also watch lot many movies + other content on TV too

Hindi Movie Channels viewership has increased over last 3 or 4 years and it is 2nd most watched genre after Hindi GEC channels on TV.

OTT cannot replace TV in India , 1stly OTT+ Internet is very costly compared to Linear TV (DTH / Cable TV) .... Mobile Viewing will grow but it will not mean that all these viewers ditch TV as a medium to consume content and Secondly even broadband gets wider reach and both broadband + OTT become more affordable still Linear TV will hold advantage over Digital bcoz of various reasons...... OTT and TV both will grow but if u think OTT can replace TV then buddy atleast in next 10 years that is not happening and thereafter too i feel in India TV will continue to be dominant medium to consume content although we may see new innovations happening in this segment like hybrid boxes have been launched for viewers to watch both content and as broadband reach expands this trend will continue but still for majority of population Connected TvlV + OTT won't become main source to watch content
But in t series movies acquisition cost is not huge so sony can afford to acquire them and tv viewership is actually going down in bigger cities now-a-days many people are not having dth connections even in my Nani house in Kolkata they are not having dth connection dth connections are only having in family homes nowadays

But in t series movies acquisition cost is not huge so sony can afford to acquire them and tv viewership is actually going down in bigger cities now-a-days many people are not having dth connections even in my Nani house in Kolkata they are not having dth connection dth connections are only having in family homes nowadays

Bhai TV universe is very big and big cities though contribute towards gaining higher ARPU but still in these big cities too most people r opting for smart android boxes offered by DTH companies and again outside of big cities Linear TV still has stronghold + scope of growth both in Pay TV and FTA segment

Back
Top Bottom