Good News Cable operators offer 50 extra channels for current NCF as festive discount

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
All India Digital Cable Federation (AIDCF) has now implemented a small price change, which will help bring down subscription costs. AIDCF has decided that it will now offer customers 150 Standard Definition (SD) channels to users for the Rs 130 NCF charge, instead of 100 channels.

This change is currently only applicable to cable TV subscribers and has not come in place for DTH subscribers as of now. DTH subscribers will have to continue paying Rs 130 + GST for 100 SD channels + Rs 25 per additional 25 channels as NCF.

Cable TV subscribers will now get 150 channels at Rs 100 NCF, DTH subscribers will get no upgrade

I was hearing rumours about customers getting unlimited selection on fixed NCF since March. This one is also appreciative. As in most cables you don't have privileged to select individual fta channels. So now customers can opted for both fta and pay channels without excessive price.

Still you can't take FTA pack of 100 channels.. Still you have to select both FTA and Pay channel which is disgusting. Still 1 HD channel counts as 2 SD channel. It should be unlimited selection on fixed NCF of Rs 130.
According to TRAI's report 25 percent of DTH subscribers are moved to OTA platform like Hotstar, Amazon Prime etc. Ram Babu ruined everything. Why he wants us to remove unwanted channels? Who told him to do that? Why ala carte channel prices are too high? It's more worse than Modi's economics. 🙄

Do all Cable TV operators even follow the new TRAI rule? I doubt so. All are doing a "compromise" to retain customers.

Still you can't take FTA pack of 100 channels.. Still you have to select both FTA and Pay channel which is disgusting. Still 1 HD channel counts as 2 SD channel. It should be unlimited selection on fixed NCF of Rs 130.
According to TRAI's report 25 percent of DTH subscribers are moved to OTA platform like Hotstar, Amazon Prime etc. Ram Babu ruined everything. Why he wants us to remove unwanted channels? Who told him to do that? Why ala carte channel prices are too high? It's more worse than Modi's economics. 🙄
Predicted long back that this new rule will be good for nothing. Most of the people were happy with the older era. Now a days- yes I don't have the unwanted chanels in my account but on the other hand I am paying a higher amount than earlier phase.
The problem started when these greedy MSOs and DTH operators tried to make more profit than required and started involving into frequent long lasting disagreements with the broadcasters and bombarded TRAI with disputes. TRAI had to get rid of these nonsense, so they had to bring something. But they made a mistake by taking this route. Both parties made mistakes and eventually started ruining the traditional entertainment industry. Today it is 20-25%. Tomorrow if it touches 50% , there will not be any surprises.

Most of the people were happy with the older era. Now a days- yes I don't have the unwanted chanels in my account but on the other hand I am paying a higher amount than earlier phase.

Definitely... Selecting 100 channels after watching them one by one is really a hectic process, who does that? We were getting all channels by paying 380 per month was perfectly fine. But now we have to select channels one by one because our favourite channels is not available even under Rs 400 DPO package. They are consist of so many junk regional channels but not important sports channel.
My SITI has highest SD package of Rs 440 which has 216 channels but no Sony Six, Ten 1, 2. Only Ten 3 which I don't watch.

The All India Digital Cable Federation (AIDCF), on October 17, announced that this festive season, multi-system operators (MSOs) under the federation will offer a discount on the network capacity fee (NCF), The Economic Times reported.

MSOs that are members of the AIDCF have agreed to offer 150 channels instead of the earlier 100 channels at the existing NCF of Rs 130. This is applicable in case of standard definition (SD) channels. The cable operators body has, however, mentioned that the discount is valid only during the festive season.

Cable operators offer 50 extra channels for current NCF as festive discount: Report

Why are they saying festive discount? Which festival? Does that means it is temporary? For a limited time period?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock