Discussion Why not make DD's HD channels mandatory for operators to carry?

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
As we know governments own Prasar Bharati's HD channels being some of the most poorly distributed channels. I don't see any effort being made by any DTH or cable operators to carry these channels as these are FTA channels. Nor do they pay any carriage fee to operators for operators to carry them as these are government run channels. I feel that we as a viewer are losers as we are made to watch national important events like Republic Day parade or a cricket match in SD on private cable and DTH which is fine if you have a CRT or a 32 inch TV. Now imagine watching same on a 65 inch TV.

As these operators won't do anything on their own. It's best for government to come forward and make carrying DD's HD mandatory like DD's SD channel.

If government make them mandatory from next day u will watch them on private dth

As we know governments own Prasar Bharati's HD channels being some of the most poorly distributed channels. I don't see any effort being made by any DTH or cable operators to carry these channels as these are FTA channels. Nor do they pay any carriage fee to operators for operators to carry them as these are government run channels. I feel that we as a viewer are losers as we are made to watch national important events like Republic Day parade or a cricket match in SD on private cable and DTH which is fine if you have a CRT or a 32 inch TV. Now imagine watching same on a 65 inch TV.

As these operators won't do anything on their own. It's best for government to come forward and make carrying DD's HD mandatory like DD's SD channel.

I think it would be best to make just DD News HD mandatory, incase DD Sports has acquired rights of some key sports event which will b available across DTH or Cable then for that duration private operators should b given signals DD Sports HD and requested to carry it. I am sure most operators would accept this request. Same goes for DD National HD which should be made available on important days across all Cable TV and DTH Platforms, i do not see the need to make carrying of DD National HD mandatory across all platforms as it lacks good content and manier times airs Standard Definition content too. Tata Sky had added it some years back but dropped it bcoz of the content not being attractive.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock