Breaking Cable Operators signed new NTO RIO after few days of standoff

Not only Disney-Star channels but MSO/Cable TV operators likely to not provide even channels from other broadcasters as they r not willing to sign New RIO agreement hence eventually all broadcasters (barring few with which they sign agreement) will gradually disconnect the signals to respective MSO / Cable TV Platforms
Coincidentally today our entire block got rid of cable and switched to jio TV plus

Coincidentally today our entire block got rid of cable and switched to jio TV plus

But MSO/Cable TV operators r putting in efforts to protects interests of customers and u ditched them right in the beginning itself . You should have waited for a few days, maybe under pressure broadcasters could reduce channel pricing which would benefit all

YWccLiV.jpg
W1MfW3L.jpg
i2ceO0Y.jpg
eUK8pvM.jpg

Viacom18/TV18 has already implemented NTO 2.0 and come up with revised RIO
Not increased so much compare to others, but MSOs should offer channles with MRP of Rs.19 on a la carte basis, which are as per previous NTO.

Last edited:
Last edited:
As from customer view point if the viewer isn't getting to view the favourite channel, then why would he continue with that cable operator?
Either he will shift to some other DTH or will shift to OTT. So ultimately Cable is gonna loose more subscribers.

Good decision by MSOs. DTH operators should have shown same spine. Nobody is at fault except broadcasters and lame duck TRAI.

Buddy, TRAI cannot be termed lame duck...They have stood by the regulations despite all the opposition from broadcasters which wanted many changes to it and as per my understanding wanted Pre NTO type of set up to be brought back which in my opinion was not at all good interms of giving choice to customers or providing fair / equal ground for all operators.

Previous chairman of TRAI Shri RS Sharma infact was even more stringent, decisive & upfront about bringing into effect original NTO 2.0 regulations which were even more beneficial for all stakeholders but broadcasters did not agree to implement the same & confronted TRAI on the same through legal route. Had those rules come into play then all issues would have been resolved. Still under leadership of new chairman TRAI has consulted with stakeholders & come up with new amended regulations which r somewhat good and similar to NTO 1.0 regulations but again we can see now Cable TV operators are objecting/against the price increase done by broadcasters.

I think now TRAI should again try to find a middle ground without further diluting NTO regulations or broadcasters themselves should reduce prices which would the appropriate corrective measure. Already prices were increased when NTO 1.0 was implemented but that time operators accepted the same but customers felt the pinch & cord cutting gained momentum thus now Cable TV operators r not ready to accept further increase in price bcoz Cable TV still reaches major part of the population demographic which is extremely price sensitive. Also Cable TV operators should improve service quality and other parameters to compete well with DTH operators in the future as this would also help them gain in the subscriber base which has more purchasing power & willing to spend more for good quality service....this inturn would help increase ARPU which is essential to earn good revenue

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock