Breaking Cable Operators signed new NTO RIO after few days of standoff

Only solution is removal of a-la-carte distribution. Then only operators can be in control of package prices.

I doubt broadcasters making big money except Star and Sun Networks,so this increase is justified as all others have to survive Zee Entertainment's net profit dropped by 91.9% YoY to Rs 24.31 crore

I already stated due to wrong pricing and unattractive content strategy there has been decline in ratings of many channels thus negatively impacting ad revenue. They need to take corrective measures on the same.

All channels of Disney-Star , South Channels of Zee, Hindi GEC + Kids channels of Viacom18 still have stood strong though there would have been some ups ad downs.

English Movie Channels r doing well but it seems advertisers r rather preferring not to buy slots on it and rather focus on reaching out to such viewers on OTT / Digital Platforms. Infotainment channels r performing in average manner, lot of interesting content in this genre is available on Digital Platforms hence large part of audience has made a transition tp it

English GEC channels r performing badly again bcoz of OTT + Affordable Internet and poor content strategy of broadcasters

All in all broadcasters need to rework on their pricing and content strategy and still all TV Channels across genres can do well on TV as a medium

I already stated due to wrong pricing and unattractive content strategy there has been decline in ratings of many channels thus negatively impacting ad revenue. They need to take corrective measures on the same.

All channels of Disney-Star , South Channels of Zee, Hindi GEC + Kids channels of Viacom18 still have stood strong though there would have been some ups ad downs.

English Movie Channels r doing well but it seems advertisers r rather preferring not to buy slots on it and rather focus on reaching out to such viewers on OTT / Digital Platforms. Infotainment channels r performing in average manner, lot of interesting content in this genre is available on Digital Platforms hence large part of audience has made a transition tp it

English GEC channels r performing badly again bcoz of OTT + Affordable Internet and poor content strategy of broadcasters

All in all broadcasters need to rework on their pricing and content strategy and still all TV Channels across genres can do well on TV as a medium
Channel prices will fluctuate depending on operating costs, ad revenue, number of subscribers etc. If a-la-carte is removed, viewers can be "forced" to subscribe to channels which they don't want like devotional channels. This can keep the package prices from changing.

I completely support and welcome this move. New packs are exorbitantly priced by almost every broadcasters, especially by Sony and Star. I don't mind missing my favourite channels for even 2 to 3 months. Can definitely manage with ott if DTH operaters also take the same stand.

Exactly which which channels are halted from these cables ?

I think MSO/ Cable TV operators have taken wrong decision which will further lead to them losing subscriber base . They should have continued negotiations with broadcasters on this issue and resolved it amicably. Let us whether broadcasters take a step back & rollback the hike or MSO/ Cable TV operators lose subscribers to DTH Platforms in near future
Completely agree with you on this. You can not stop the inevitable. Where the DTH counterparts have already agreed and implemented the same. If consumers are loosing their entertainment, then the MSO is gonna loose subscribers too.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock